Search

2010 "IIC" INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS IN LAS VEGAS

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 10:16 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
They were CRC's latest version of the GenX10. I understood the name has not even been picked yet. It's a leaner, meaner, cleaner version. It's a solid plate chassis - no Losi tray any longer, the shock has been replaced with the Encore, and the Big Mac sandwich at the front has been replaced with a simple single piece with only long or short wheel base options. Front track width is fixed at what would be "medium" on the old car. It uses the GenXL side links.

My wgt was awesome the moment I unloaded it. I built it the day before I left and with the set up from Dumpers Speed Shop, it went right to the front. I changed the pinion once for R4 to see if it would pull another tooth and failed. I put it back! Dumper built his with the optional long upper arm to work better with the increased corner entry speed of expert 10.5.

Brian
Maybe they used the McKune chassis or was this a new CRC chassis? Any pictures from the new WGT car?
Old 09-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by V12
Maybe they used the McKune chassis or was this a new CRC chassis? Any pictures from the new WGT car?
It's all CRC. I am sure that some pic's will be up on their site soon. I understood they got the carbon sheet just the week before the race. I raced the McKune chassis prior to this build and it's equally nice.... in fact the McKune uses a o-ring bat retention that's real easy. The new CRC wgt uses a bolt down X over the bat with 3 positions; fwd, mid, rr.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:36 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alf.skaar
Did see the prototype. don't think anyone race it.

Alf
no they didn't....I saw it too....it is really cool..
Old 09-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

how many used the new SMC 60c in 12th
Old 09-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks to the whole iic crew for a great race also thanks to the speedmerchant crew for all their help and nice meeting everyone.

Ryan B
Old 09-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
how many used the new SMC 60c in 12th
Do not know how many ran it but I used it to set hot lap for the week and win the 13.5 1/12th A Main. It ran strong all week and really took a beating, I charged it hard i'll leave it at that. Mostly just because I was not ready in time as usual haha.

Thanks to Scotty and the whole crew for another great race, I hope and pray that something can get figured out and we can do it again next year.

Congrats as well to all the winners there was some amazing racing going on in all classes, was great to see.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Great running to all the leaders in mains. Scotty and the IIC crew thanks again for putting this event on hope to see another one next year.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I am dragging but at work today after getting home at 1AM this morning but it was sooooo worth it. I truly hope and pray that Scotty can make it work out for next year. I do know that just about every sponsor there this year is ready to step up and make it happen again next year.

This truly is a one of a kind race that is ran flawlessly from every aspect. Where else can you get all that international talent together for racing, then eat with them and sit at the Roulette table, craps or what every your choice and talk with them. Its truly something special that cant be experienced anywhere else. Its fun to really get to know the big names outside of RC to see what they are all about and most would be surprised they are just as normal as us! LOL

Great job to Scotty and the Crew. The speedo rules worked out awesome and there was ZERO controversy or any questioning anything this year. It was Awesome although I think Frank said he didnt have quite as much fun this year as last! LOL But they were still fast regardless....I think he said he just had to work harder this year!

EA
Old 09-13-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I am dragging but at work today after getting home at 1AM this morning but it was sooooo worth it. I truly hope and pray that Scotty can make it work out for next year. I do know that just about every sponsor there this year is ready to step up and make it happen again next year.

This truly is a one of a kind race that is ran flawlessly from every aspect. Where else can you get all that international talent together for racing, then eat with them and sit at the Roulette table, craps or what every your choice and talk with them. Its truly something special that cant be experienced anywhere else. Its fun to really get to know the big names outside of RC to see what they are all about and most would be surprised they are just as normal as us! LOL

Great job to Scotty and the Crew. The speedo rules worked out awesome and there was ZERO controversy or any questioning anything this year. It was Awesome although I think Frank said he didnt have quite as much fun this year as last! LOL But they were still fast regardless....I think he said he just had to work harder this year!

EA
Great to see you at there! Thank you for all your help too!
I hope i will see you soon EA.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

One thing I forgot. To those bitching about the "Pro" guys running SS TC.....Its the EXPERT or OPEN class....open to anyone. There were two other 17.5 classes for the Non Expert guys or average stock racers. How many classes do you want for yourself to pick from? Run what you feel comfortable with and quit complaining just to complain.....Hell you were not even at the race to begin with!

I think its great to be able to race with guys like Hara, Moore, Tessman and the Japanese driver whom I do not remember his name but I think Previous 2wd WC as it gives us more normal racers a chance to see how bad we suck compared to the true "PRO" racers. Whats even better is when two of those guys came up to me and ask me what I did to make my car so fast and ask if I would help them....Nothing better than that.

EA
Old 09-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
as it gives us more normal racers a chance to see how bad we suck compared to the true "PRO" racers. EA
Priceless comment!!!
Old 09-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

WOW was that cool! Jason really had fun. I have to give Scotty credit for putting on such a large event with the finest international talent yet still having room and a class for a little guy like Jason. It was also very special for the sponsors to recognize the young racers. Thank you to all that attended, it was some great racing.
Hope to see this event continue so Jason can put those 12th scale tires to use

Keith and Jason.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I look forward to this race every year...2010 IIC certainly did not disappoint!

I really had a great time this year and just happened to finish better then I ever have before.

I have to admit that I was a little upset when I heard that the really fast guys were gonna run SS. As it turns out I was not as far off as I thought I might in a class with two former world champions. In a way I was excited to have an opportunity to run with the best in the world, even if it was for only one qualifier. After the race when all of the dust settled I realized that Stock racing is a really important part of RC. It is the class that 90% of us run, so it makes sense that someone like Hara would run in that class and try to secure a victory for the new HB TCX. It was great to watch the fast mod drivers run in the Super Stock class as well. I really learned a lot watching the masters wheel a car that is the same speed as mine. Watching Hara drive a 17.5 car was really amazing and has further inspired me to consider different driving techniques. I kinda nicknamed Hara "The Ninja" because when we were on the track it just seemed like he would sneak up on me and then disappear just as fast as he appeared. It was exciting to watch these guys race on a totally different level. Watching the HB crew work together was great it seemed like all of them had a mission and they really helped each other be successful.

I almost made the main in SS and feel like I left a lot out on the track, but that is the great thing about this race. You really get a chance to find out where you rate not only in the country, but in the world. I know it does not matter, but finishing a head of the back to back world champion in 1/12th scale (in the touring mod class) has a nice sound to it...even if he totally blew out trying to bump into the A. Not too many races in the world where you have an opportunity to even run with someone at that level. Every class in Vegas has the best drivers in it regardless of the level of skill, and making the A main in Vegas is a great accomplishment.

Scotty and his crew did a great job and this race is nothing but 1st class. Every detail is covered and Scotty even helped to make sure I made my plane on Saturday night.

Watching the emotions over the week was really eye opening and seeing just how important this hobby/career is for so many people is great. It is great to be in a room with 100 other people that share my same dedication and passion for playing with toy cars. As we all know it is a lot bigger then that for many of us.

I really hope that IIC 2011 (AKA Carpet Worlds) will happen, but if it does not at least I will have the memories and experience of the past three years to carry throughout my racing career.

Thanks for all of the fun, and I will do whatever I can to make 2011 the best IIC ever!
Old 09-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Donny Lia
Do not know how many ran it but I used it to set hot lap for the week and win the 13.5 1/12th A Main. It ran strong all week and really took a beating, I charged it hard i'll leave it at that. Mostly just because I was not ready in time as usual haha.
i talked to brian today and he told the new packs went out to vegas,so i was just wondering who used them
Old 09-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Scotty, thanks for all the hard work. You and your team put on a great race, one of a kind in my opinion. It is always nice to meet new people and old friends. Thanks for a great event and I pray there will be a 2011 IIC Radiopost will be there to support this amazing event.

Eric Kim-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.