Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

jason, just a quick question about the DB10RR. The ballcups for the dampertubes, i gues i need the part numer DB1193 1/10th Ball Cup?
Old 09-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joost K.
Mine is being shipped today!!! In 3 - 5 days it will be mine!!!

Jason, THANX!!!
You'll love it I'm sure. Everything is very high quality, goes together smooth, slop free and innovative. AND Jason provides top notch support even answering the dumbest of dumb questions (not that I would know...) .

If my darn electronics will get here I'll finish mine up. Maybe I'll take some good shots of the rolling chassis tonight to post up.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
jason, just a quick question about the DB10RR. The ballcups for the dampertubes, i gues i need the part numer DB1193 1/10th Ball Cup?
No, for the damper tubes, you want the 1/12th ballcups.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

early X- Mas for me, looks good Jason.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by protc3
No, for the damper tubes, you want the 1/12th ballcups.
thanks, i knew i would make a mistake
Old 09-11-2010, 06:58 AM
Tech Champion

Well I'm afraid iNm not making a good showing for the Copperhead12 with the new front end so far. the front end has been working good but issues in the quals have kept me from really showing the potential of the car. First qual my setup was all wrong, 2nd qual I had a screw come out from the rear pod brace which tweaked the car, 3rd qual I had a problem with lap traffic that ended up with the kingpin coming unscrewed, and in the last qual the car was tweaked from what I later found is a bent motor mount. Hopnig for some better luck in the main.

On a brighter note I put the Copperhead10 in the B main which I did not expect
Old 09-11-2010, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Well I'm afraid iNm not making a good showing for the Copperhead12 with the new front end so far. the front end has been working good but issues in the quals have kept me from really showing the potential of the car. First qual my setup was all wrong, 2nd qual I had a screw come out from the rear pod brace which tweaked the car, 3rd qual I had a problem with lap traffic that ended up with the kingpin coming unscrewed, and in the last qual the car was tweaked from what I later found is a bent motor mount. Hopnig for some better luck in the main.

Good luck with the rest of your racing. hope you have better luck with the ch12. How would you say it handles compared to say a crc or associated 12 scale. how about the durability of the front end. have fun
mike
Old 09-11-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

The DB12 cars for me always handled as good or better and I can see where this one will improve on those even. I just haven't had enough time with the car yet and considering I haven't driven a pan car in 8 months I didn't expect to do well. Any lack of performance shown here is entirely me or bad luck.

As for durability...the lower arms are pretty much bullet proof. Only issue I had was the kingpin which a little locktite took care of.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Jason,

when will the 12R5 sub plates for your new front end be available?

Thanks,
Mark
Old 09-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The DB12 cars for me always handled as good or better and I can see where this one will improve on those even. I just haven't had enough time with the car yet and considering I haven't driven a pan car in 8 months I didn't expect to do well. Any lack of performance shown here is entirely me or bad luck.

As for durability...the lower arms are pretty much bullet proof. Only issue I had was the kingpin which a little locktite took care of.
I think I locktited everything that was screwed into metal, EXCEPT the kingpins. Going to have to remedy that right away.

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't having good luck, but it sounds more like bad luck than a bad car, so that is promising. I hope the main goes better for you!!

Thank you for being the guinea pig for the rest of us!
Old 09-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Well sir....I thank you for laying it down anyways. You do what you can while you can. Just have fun and come back to help the rest of us out, lol.
I'll be picking ya brains later

- JBee
Old 09-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Champion

Definately bad luck and not the car. I just need more time on it to make it excell. Adjusting the front end is really easy to do and only takes a couple of minutes.

The main went better...got caught up at the start but came out in third. I was reeling in 2nd pretty quickly but planted myself in a board. Stayed in third and was again closing up on 2nd but just did not have the time to get the pass. The car's handling was good but I definately needed more time to properly tune it. I still felt down on power too.

WGT up in a few minutes
Old 09-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

Unfortunately in WGT I stuffed it in the first lap or two and the motor shifted. Still had a great time overall though
Old 09-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey InspGadgt,

Nice run at Vegas I cant wait to try the front end on my car

Old 09-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks...wish I had done better but pretty happy all things considered. There was one othedr other dreiver running a BMI. He ran a converted Copperhead with the old front suspension and did quite well. He was a much better driver than I. Not sure if he ended up in the C or B. I'm really bad with names though and can't remember his.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.