R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   better touring car tires (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/371550-better-touring-car-tires.html)

bajaboy5b 02-17-2010 12:04 AM

better touring car tires

when you are get a new set of tire of on road 1/10th touring car they will have a glossy shine on the tire and that will make you have less grip on the track to take of that shine you get a small file to rub off the glossy shine after you have filed the tire the should be no more gloss shine if there still is file is again.

niznai 02-17-2010 12:20 AM

Not a good idea. The shine is just superficial and goes away after just a few laps (which it takes anyway to warm up the tires if you don't have a tire warmer). I think you can do more damage than good with your idea.

bajaboy5b 02-17-2010 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by niznai (Post 7017617)
Not a good idea. The shine is just superficial and goes away after just a few laps (which it takes anyway to warm up the tires if you don't have a tire warmer). I think you can do more damage than good with your idea.

it helps me

niznai 02-17-2010 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by bajaboy5b (Post 7017618)
it helps me

No worries. It was intended to.

vr6cj 02-17-2010 12:47 AM

I dont sand mine either, what I do is set the car down on the trck and hold the tail as I give it some throttle. 4 wheel burn out for a sec or so and then let go. Does the trick just fine.

tc3team 02-17-2010 01:06 AM

I take mine out for a few gentle laps to take the shine off of them, works for me :)

Don't go racing round the track, use the time with new tyres as a feeler for the track and learning where the sharper corners are so when they are up to pace, you will have remembered where the braking areas are.

heretic 02-17-2010 02:31 AM

The shiny surface disappears quickly, but the blurr in the center of the tire doesn't. I always remove it, even for practice tires.

2xs 02-17-2010 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by heretic (Post 7017824)
The shiny surface disappears quickly, but the blurr in the center of the tire doesn't. I always remove it, even for practice tires.

Yep, It is a good idea to remove the mold seam from the tires. It helps make traction more consistent.

Danny-b23 02-17-2010 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by 2xs (Post 7018308)
Yep, It is a good idea to remove the mold seam from the tires. It helps make traction more consistent.

More consistant in the first run. After that there is no effect from sanding the seam.

energydrink 02-17-2010 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by bajaboy5b (Post 7017593)
when you are get a new set of tire of on road 1/10th touring car they will have a glossy shine on the tire and that will make you have less grip on the track to take of that shine you get a small file to rub off the glossy shine after you have filed the tire the should be no more gloss shine if there still is file is again.

You cannot tell a difference if that shine is there or not. Placebo effect ftw.