Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Proud new owner of a Mi3. Can anyone recommend the best solution to mount a hardcase lipo securely? It is a Yeah racing pack with the underside bumps. The bumps do a great job of keeping the pack from going back and forth but the pack still slides side by side a bit and am worried that during a race it could end up hitting the belt. Any pics of options. Is strapping tape the best option? Am using the graphite battery strap right now. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Tony.....What I did for mine was I positioned the battery in the car where I wanted it. Then took some good servo tape and put that on the bottom side of the battery strap with the extra curved part removed so its a flat carbon fiber bar and placed that on the pack. This way when I remove the pack the strap stays on the pack and its super secure when in the car. Or you can use strapping tape and make sure its nice and tight. If I can make it out this weekend will swing by and show you what Im talking about.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Tony.....What I did for mine was I positioned the battery in the car where I wanted it. Then took some good servo tape and put that on the bottom side of the battery strap with the extra curved part removed so its a flat carbon fiber bar and placed that on the pack. This way when I remove the pack the strap stays on the pack and its super secure when in the car. Or you can use strapping tape and make sure its nice and tight. If I can make it out this weekend will swing by and show you what Im talking about.
Thanks Kevin, hope to see you out this weekend.

Tony
Old 08-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
BTW-

Kevin if I haven't mentioned it already, the piece is gorgeous brah. Can't wait to see it.
THANKS FOR ALL THE SWEAT
Well...as long as you thanked me...I put in another 13 hours today...but WOW..turned out awesome.

Flatness within .003 (.076mm) over 14.00 inches. Both 2.0 and 2.5 chassis fit perfect, easy droop setting access, easy access to both sides of car without touching chassis, quick change clamp system, (1/2 turn per screw).

JB...$10.00 for the tweak plate...$80.00 for straightening your chassis.
(BTW...turn that phone on now and then)
Enjoy.

Last edited by Verndog; 08-21-2008 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
Well...as long as you thanked me...I put in another 13 hours today...but WOW..turned out awesome.

Flatness within .003 (.076mm) over 14.00 inches. Both 2.0 and 2.5 chassis fit perfect, easy droop setting access, easy access to both sides of car without touching chassis, quick change clamp system, (1/2 turn per screw).

JB...$10.00 for the tweak plate...$80.00 for straightening your chassis.

Enjoy.

Now I really can't wait to see it in person!! Brah, you really outdid yourself on this piece THANK YOU

There's decent interest in it already, which we wanted

Mi3 owners'.......SALIVATE & ENJOY.......and get yourselves one!!
Old 08-21-2008, 11:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Now I really can't wait to see it in person!! Brah, you really outdid yourself on this piece THANK YOU

There's decent interest in it already, which we wanted

Mi3 owners'.......SALIVATE & ENJOY.......and get yourselves one!!
This may well be a snooze and loose situation here. Over the next few days I will gage interest, finish and post pricing (will be less then 1 high end LiPo! ) (more orders = less $$ since setup and design costs are completed).

Again, I will prob. start a new thread, but I have updated info on the Mi3 plate with more pics as well on my new webpage. Email me on the link on the webpage if interested.

http://www.ppdbillet.com/schumacher_mi3.html
Old 08-22-2008, 04:49 AM
Tech Regular

This may well be a snooze and loose situation here. Over the next few days I will gage interest, finish and post pricing (will be less then 1 high end LiPo! ) (more orders = less $$ since setup and design costs are completed).

Again, I will prob. start a new thread, but I have updated info on the Mi3 plate with more pics as well on my new webpage. Email me on the link on the webpage if interested.

http://www.ppdbillet.com/schumacher_mi3.html
Interest registered... I didn't realise that you were the guy that made the weights for the lipos as well (got 6 of those for all my lipos). Keep up the good work.

Stephen
Old 08-24-2008, 10:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 328 (100%+)

Schumacher parts sale still going on at www.highvelocityracing.com
Old 08-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Doop!

Been in Vegas for about 4 1/2 hours & I'm halfway there
Old 08-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Tech Initiate

hey guys a bit of a newb question , im running an Mi3 with 17.5 SP, my car is always snapping the pins in the front driveshafts/axels resulting in either a 3 wheel drive or total lockup as part of the pin jams itself in the hub, I have had to replace 4 of these in a matter of about 10 battery packs originally had the purple ones then the silver now they have snapped ....

is this a setup issue im not greasing them in any way when I put them in, unsure if there is an upgrade option or a way to fix this because it is a total pain in the butt
Old 08-24-2008, 05:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

YESH!!!!!!

Tuesday night its you, Double D and me!

Been in Vegas for about 4 1/2 hours & I'm halfway there
Old 08-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
YESH!!!!!!

Tuesday night its you, Double D and me!
Yo Adam dont forget to give Barry that belt!! good luck in Vegas !!
Old 08-24-2008, 06:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Of course I wont, it's packed in with my R/c stuff I didn't ship, I'll have it for him on Tuesday afternoon.

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Yo Adam dont forget to give Barry that belt!! good luck in Vegas !!
Old 08-24-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oz_nugget
hey guys a bit of a newb question , im running an Mi3 with 17.5 SP, my car is always snapping the pins in the front driveshafts/axels resulting in either a 3 wheel drive or total lockup as part of the pin jams itself in the hub, I have had to replace 4 of these in a matter of about 10 battery packs originally had the purple ones then the silver now they have snapped ....

is this a setup issue im not greasing them in any way when I put them in, unsure if there is an upgrade option or a way to fix this because it is a total pain in the butt
a little black grease or tamiya anti wear grease will help whats happening is the car is equipped with a spool, so when you hit a pipe, your stopping that wheel from spinning while the rest of the drive train keeps going, something as to give and the pin is the weak link. when it looks like your going to hit, back off the throttle
Old 08-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Initiate

yes the front is spool but the track I race on has no pipe its just onto the grass, I have had a couple of rollovers and car collisions this proberbly doesnt help much.

but thanks I will try the grease with my next set of shafts, its a shame the p;ins are damaging the cups as this means I cannot do rebuilds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.