Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The rear arms on a Schumacher has always been weak, thats no news. Just stock up on them and you're ok (they aren't that expensive).

Myself; I've only broken 1 front arm after t-boning a poor guy and his TA04 on a 50mph straight.
But the rears go very easily. The slightest pressure to the back on the car (crash or similar) and the rears snap. And they usually take the hing pin with them (they bent).

CVD's snapping are not new either. Anyone who uses large steering throws are more susceptible to breaking theirs. Use less steering throw and lube the CVD's with chain oil. I haven't broken one on mine yet.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
would be nice to have some balancing holes in the GOTDAMM chassis
I made my own in my chassis. I've done it on all my cars since one of my nitro cars came with balancing holes and pegs. I saw how useful the ballancing holes were, so I decided that if a car didn't come with them already, I would put them on.

All I did was measure the width of the front and rear of the chassis and then put the hole right on the center line of the chassis. Heck, it doesn't even have to be a full hole. Just a reasonably deep circular divot that the balancing pegs can rest in properly. I usually start the 'holes' with a sharp X-acto knife, then finish them nicely with a small drill bit.

Any time a car doesn't come with the balancing holes, I make adding them part of the usual pre-build chassis prep.

If you do it prior to building though, just make sure you remember which side of the chassis is down! I wont go into how I learned this lesson
Old 01-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jan Larsen
The rear arms on a Schumacher has always been weak, thats no news. Just stock up on them and you're ok (they aren't that expensive).

Myself; I've only broken 1 front arm after t-boning a poor guy and his TA04 on a 50mph straight.
But the rears go very easily. The slightest pressure to the back on the car (crash or similar) and the rears snap. And they usually take the hing pin with them (they bent).

CVD's snapping are not new either. Anyone who uses large steering throws are more susceptible to breaking theirs. Use less steering throw and lube the CVD's with chain oil. I haven't broken one on mine yet.

I must be lucky because I've bent Hinge pins before I ever broke a rear A-arm, oh well gotto break something
Old 01-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I havent had any issues with rear arms at all. I'm still runnig the kit's rear arms a year later
Old 01-01-2008, 04:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Weak rear arms are news to me, I've only broken 1 since I've been driving the Mi3, and I run the Mi2 arms with less material on them.. it was a hard hit that broke it.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anything will break if the hit is hard enough. The rear arms on Schumacher toures have been known to break if you hit something solid backwards, at an angle. Has happened to me a few times on the two cars I have. And tons of times on a mates of mine, but he also crash a lot...
Old 01-01-2008, 05:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Get rid of that reverse speed control, these cars are meant to go forward
Old 01-01-2008, 05:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Darkseid
If you do it prior to building though, just make sure you remember which side of the chassis is down! I wont go into how I learned this lesson
Just look for the side with the countersinks in the chassis.

I do the same thing on all of my cars, definately comes in handy for tweaking the car since I havent had the best luck with the tweak stations in the past.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Thomas P
Any ideas why my friends front left CVD always snapp off´s? Every single race the cvd will snapp. No crashes,just driving. There must be some other materials for this?any other that will fit and hold? He is in need of this, if there is no solution for this, he might change brand.
That is definately weird, I've never seen an axle break out my way. What are you using to lubricate the CVD's?
Old 01-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Anything will break if the hit is hard enough. The rear arms on Schumacher toures have been known to break if you hit something solid backwards, at an angle. Has happened to me a few times on the two cars I have. And tons of times on a mates of mine, but he also crash a lot...
At least your breaking A-arms and not bending front CVD'scome to think of it I've bent about 5 front cvd's and broke 1 front a-arms
Old 01-01-2008, 05:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Thats because you hit everything in sight, too include innocent bystanders ankles

I keed I keed...talk to you this week sometime

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
At least your breaking A-arms and not bending front CVD'scome to think of it I've bent about 5 front cvd's and broke 1 front a-arms
Old 01-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Rear arms breaking...thats weird. The rear arm sales were never very high in the US for Mi-Series sedans. We would crack, but not break, front arms pretty frequently. The Mi3 front arms fixed most of this and it never happens with the Medium or Ultra flex front arms.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Adam,

Do u have any p-dub car stands in stock? They are listed on the web site but doesn't say if u have any in stock. If not when will u have some?
Old 01-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Novak Warmup.

Nice to meet Customworkings and MagicMarker today. Derrick Englund was in attendance today as well. I know Magic and Derrick made the A today in 13.5 Rubber. They looked very good.

Kevin Kane, Rich Murphy and a few others will be up there after today...Good luck to everyone.

---

Thanks to Shawn for answering your phone today for the Speed Passion help Since I was not running Novak I tested a bunch of setting w/ timing and punch. Now I just need to figure out the setting that will last 5 minutes :P
Old 01-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
Novak Warmup.
Yeah, what the heck were you doing to your poor car today?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.