Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Kat, sorry to hear that you build did not go smooth, I have 2 cars, and feel the build was good. I built a T1r last year, that just plain disgusted me. Had to hand fit some stuff, and the shocks could not be built due to poor QA. Either way you will really like the car, once it is on the track.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

45WT 3hole vari and assoc reds in front
40 wt 3 hole cari and assoc blues in rear
not super stiff...but it just seems the stiffer i go the less the chassis rolls and the faster the car is through the turns.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by STLNLST
you'll be fine on the track with either the spool set up or the oneway set up. I went back to the oneway this past weekend and I don't plan on taking it out for a while. The car was by far one of the best cars at this weekend's race. We'll see how it goes at Speedworld this coming weekend.
Good run Stlnlst.....I told you could trust Art when it came to motors. Wish my day at Modesto could have been more fun like yours.Mr Aveytia had other plans for me though.

Ran at Rocks Sunday{don't laugh} All I can say is w.t.h.? Hurting..........So all in total,Jaime and I ran at 3 different race events in 2 days.My car needs a rebuild.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default Springs

Just a question about springs. I see on Paul's setup sheets he is using XRAY springs, I have also seen mention using AE, HPI and Losi springs.

Is there a reason no one is using Schumacher Springs? Or is it just a matter of what people can find at their local hobby shop?

Just curious.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

you'll be fine on the track with either the spool set up or the oneway set up. I went back to the oneway this past weekend and I don't plan on taking it out for a while. The car was by far one of the best cars at this weekend's race. We'll see how it goes at Speedworld this coming weekend.
You should be pretty good, since you'll be the only one racing , Billy's not racing this weekend, he said last weekend he's going to every other weekend racing since tunouts are so low.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by HarshGuy
You should be pretty good, since you'll be the only one racing , Billy's not racing this weekend, he said last weekend he's going to every other weekend racing since tunouts are so low.
Thanks for the heads up. That saved you from turning on my car for the Main... I wanted to test some inserts this weekend. I'll have to find out who's racing this weekend. Or just take the time off until the regionals.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:40 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Might have to go down to Santa Cruz and race this weekend then.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the heads up. That saved you from turning on my car for the Main... I wanted to test some inserts this weekend. I'll have to find out who's racing this weekend. Or just take the time off until the regionals.
...whatever!! ...hey Grant *barely* beat me, which means you would have lost ...since he always smokes you
Old 09-13-2004, 07:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi can anyone help me with a basic set up for a mission I have picked up second hand with no book
Old 09-13-2004, 07:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by HarshGuy
...whatever!! ...hey Grant *barely* beat me, which means you would have lost ...since he always smokes you
Hey.....where's the Love? We are going to Santa Cruz this weekend to show the car at another new track. Heads will turn this weekend for sure in gas and electric. I would ask you to try to make it but I know that your wife won't let you leave the Roseville area. See ya at the track!!
Old 09-13-2004, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Hey.....where's the Love? We are going to Santa Cruz this weekend to show the car at another new track. Heads will turn this weekend for sure in gas and electric. I would ask you to try to make it but I know that your wife won't let you leave the Roseville area. See ya at the track!!
Touche!!!! ...Santa Cruz, isn't that were chicks braide their armpit hair?
Old 09-13-2004, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

DotCom:

Do you have a Mission or Mission 2?

You can find the manual online for either by going to this link:

http://www.racing-cars.com/usa/produ...bcategory=Cars

You can find setup sheets there as well.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:43 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally posted by DotCom
Hi can anyone help me with a basic set up for a mission I have picked up second hand with no book
Shoot me an e-mail and let me know which car you have, Mission or Mi2. I will also need to know what surface and type of tires, foam or rubber. [email protected]
Old 09-13-2004, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

PW - Can you post a link or something when you get that guys (sorry I forgot his name ) foam tire setup? I plan on basically building the car with most the stock parts, then switching them for aftermarket to see if I like it better or worse. Andrew also said he has some foam tire setups.

leadfoot - I'm pretty sure Paul is using Associated springs, but I could be wrong... PW? I think the main reason people are running other companies springs is because most people are running the Tamiya shocks. And the Schue springs don't fit those. Also the Schue springs don't have as many tuning options as lots of others. When I switched from my stock schumacher springs (when I didn't have my Tamiya shocks) to some associated springs it made my car much much better. My lap times probably improved by 5 seconds because the car didnt traction roll and stuff every lap.

-WR
Old 09-13-2004, 09:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hi guys. I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a new member to the Schumacher team as of today. (thanks Paul ) I'll be getting my new car probably on Wednesday and I'll be doing a lot of work with it and a lot of reading for a while on this car to get up to speed. I look forward to being able to help out anyone with any questions once I get to know the car well enough. Until then I'll be reading and learning as fast as I can. I'm really looking forward to running this car and representing Schumacher.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.