Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2001, 06:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

robk-I don't understand? What are we supposed to be seeing on the CML Website?
Old 11-09-2001, 06:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think something about the TC3 and Yokomos winning the championships....

Ughh.....so
Old 11-09-2001, 09:14 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Man, cant wait to hear how the new Mission handles.

But, its a Schumacher, so it has too be good!
Old 11-09-2001, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

adrian- I'm just harrassing Kevin a bit. He said Craig is the only TC3 in the mains over there. Sorry if I'm off topic.
Old 11-09-2001, 10:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Sorry doesn't cut it Rob......Hey man shout me a holla today at work I got a RC500 size weekend in the works for this and next.

Ok there is other guys with TC3's but look at the big national size races there is not so many like there is here jus the point I was trying to make. And if you dont like it tuff I will take you out back and make you see my way
Old 11-09-2001, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Funny you guys should mention craig, as last time i saw him he was on about the fact that he didn't believe a super stiff chassis was the best way to go. He has tried various combinations on the TC3.

He also mentioned the "forgiveness" phrase, but yeah i would also agree that there is a certain amount of getting round a bad set-up in there somewhere if you take that too far.

No missions left the UK yet as far as i know, put it this way i haven't got mine yet!!
Old 11-09-2001, 04:05 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Civic 91, it depends how look at the word "forgiving". I don't think any car flexes enough to make up for a really bad set-up. And that's not really what I meant by it. You see many chassis' don't perform very well in certain conditions if they are on either side (pushing or loose) of that imaginary line of a perfect set-up. In other words, a Schumacher doesn't seem to react as adversely when it's off the optimum set-up. The same can't be said for a TC3. I drove Schumacher's solid from 97-99 and tc3 from 99 to present date. The Schumacher overall was much easier and comfortable to drive. However that chassis flex doesn't do you any favors at all on carpet. With the 99 and 00 carpet nats at Schumachers home track, I think they've learned something from it. The cars struggled for the most part, in each class. I fully believe that Schumacher understands that some drivers and or tracks, prefer flex and some don't......so they offer both versions. I've gotta commend them for constantly moving in forward direction.
Old 11-10-2001, 03:05 AM
Tech Adept

Default Flex

A chassis is like the spring on a shock, and flexes and unflexes as the car negotiates the track. What most forget (manufaturer included) is that like a spring it should be dampened and, its action sould be symetrical(unless you're doing oval). By the later I mean it should flex the same in opposite ways, this is rarely the case. I build my own frames and this is what I am particularly careful about in my designs. A stiff frame can greatly amplify some of these negative caracteristics, not to mention component connections...

Of course it goes without saying that I would not have the luxury of writting such jibberish on this wonderful SCHUMACHER MISSION thread if I would have received it...

Alas, I am still in waiting(impatient).

Old 11-10-2001, 08:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Its the old question: Do you want it right, or do you want it now? (but you cant have it right now). It will come and the wait will all be worth it!
Old 11-10-2001, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

Racer X- Will it be out in time for you to run it at the Saturday carpet race? I'm curious to see how it looks and handles.

Old 11-10-2001, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

I had a newsletter come through from Schumacher UK today saying that the car would be available "mid November" so that should be sometime during the coming week i would guess. I would think that is UK so it would take a couple of days to send them over to you guys.
Old 11-10-2001, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Okay guys, so is it lateral flex or torsional flex that is better, or a combination of the two? I've been trying to get my TC3 more hooked up on asphalt and have been thinking about doing some work on the chassis to get it to flex more. Everybody runs TC3's here and I'm usually running at the front of the pack, but the car seems way to critical setup wise. I think a chassis that had a little more flex would make the car more "forgiving" in setup and in driving. We run on a very slippery, bumpy parking lot.
Old 11-11-2001, 05:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Your probably better off trying more droop and kickup, that usually helps a lot on bumpy surfaces. Maybe go back to the stock chassis (assuming you have the graphite) for a little more flex. I would discourage dremeling the chassis for more flex. You could even try a little higher chassis height and a little softer springs. When I go to a track that is really bumpy I use a silver front spring and a green back spring with 40wt oil up front and 35 out back. It seem soft but man! Its hooked up, there will be body roll but you should be able to stay on the power almost all the way through the corner making up for the chassis roll.
Old 11-12-2001, 07:37 PM
Tech Champion

Jack this is not an associated thread but I asked a friend of mine who races for them what to do and this is what he said. Try running more Toe-in and Anti-squat and a little more droop he said run about 4 in the back and 5 in front on the associated droop gauge. Run 35 wt oil and silver and gold springs Im not sure which one went were so try the softer of the two in the back. Mount the shocks on the outside holes on the towers with the camber links in the longest spot on the towers. He said that you wont notice any bennifit from the stock chassis other then its heavier and that may hook the car up because of the more weight of the car. So give it all a try and see what you think.
Old 11-12-2001, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The Cleveland Indoor Champs are coming up and I wanted to give a good luck shout out to all the Schuey pilots heading for the holy land of carpet and paragon.

Good luck to:

Paul Wynn
Mike McMahon
Kevin Kane
Alex Lopez
Corey Bernardo

And for God's sake open a window when you are saucing your tires! From talking to these guys on the phone some of them can't afford to lose anymore brain cells...LOL!

I know I missed a few racers. Lets get a role call...who's going to Cleveland?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.