R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2009, 05:22 AM   #27346
Tech Elite
 
Drifting101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 2,199
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I was going through some photo and noticed this (Rear of the shell flexing)--So Bought the wide rear shock tower and the car feels much better


__________________
::Mi4::17.5::::::M03R::HW 3000kv::::::T4::7.5::::::HB Cyclone D4::5.5::

"Why follow, when you can lead?"
Schumacher
Drifting101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:06 PM   #27347
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,279
Default

Thanks Aaron, I don't have all of my electronics yet.I was supposed to pick up my esc yesterday but something came up. I'll PM you as soon as I get it thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG View Post
Outlander91 send me what your running for electronics and i will shoot you a layout for balanced car and one for roar legal weight .If you can include the weight of your electronics in grams .I have most of the popular stuff on file and i can get back to you pretty quick. my car is never more than a quarter turn off on the collars either way.
outlandr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:43 PM   #27348
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 677
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Here are pictures of how i do it .....the trinity motor is 173 grams ..the lipo is 305 grams divided by 3 equals 101 grams so 173 minus 101 is 72 grams of tungsten positioned on the battery directly across on the battery. The speedo cap and rec are 95 so preety much a wash.The servo saver is 5g plus transponder is 6 g and servo is 44 g.So i added 46 grams of weight to the servo and the car comes in at 1505.
Attached Thumbnails
Schumacher Corner-dscf1084.jpg   Schumacher Corner-dscf1088.jpg  
AARON YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:22 AM   #27349
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 398
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
Is the MI2ec the last car you raced????
It's the Last TC I raced, Although the Last time I raced I beat a Losi Team driver when the Jrx-s had came out I got a ( Wow, I didn't know you got that fast Josh) we use to run off road years before and he always smoked me haha.... I always keep my cars much longer than others, I had a Pro 99 when the Mission was out, and was winning club races and mid level events.

Thanks guys, I found my book with set up sheets, I just have not raced since I was injured and I wanted to double check some of my thoughts to others.


Josh
JoshM20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:37 AM   #27350
Tech Master
 
Big Features's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Currituck, North Carolina
Posts: 1,879
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hey Sean / Adam,

Congrats on the Mi4, looks killer! Hope all is well. Heading back out and dont think I'll be back in time for Snowbirds. If I can make it I will and we'll have to have our usual rounds of beers.

Mike
__________________
Mike Kling
Team Associated REEDY Powered
JConcepts TXD Skin Graphix
Big Features is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:05 AM   #27351
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,205
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Ahhh my BIG BIG features, good luck dolphin watching!

I'll see you when you get home and what not, we'll find a race or two


Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Features View Post
Hey Sean / Adam,

Congrats on the Mi4, looks killer! Hope all is well. Heading back out and dont think I'll be back in time for Snowbirds. If I can make it I will and we'll have to have our usual rounds of beers.

Mike
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:13 AM   #27352
Tech Addict
 
1shnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Maple,ontario,Canada
Posts: 506
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

hello folks , just recently got a schuy for a rubber car.....(thanks adam)
been going through this forum trying to find a answer, planning to use trakpower 4900 and saw one of the pics and post saying it will "not" fit cause of batt terminals are positioned, so it must be angled which i do not like and i do not want to dremel the bulkhead to make it fit. So does anyone have try fitting using lipo with top bullet styles? I perfer not to use lipos with wires from the side... and lastly looking for a ppd or that style of weighting system from the bottom, anyone have done it?

thanx guys
__________________
-Fast cats
-eXpress motorsports
-T.O.P
-Airtronics
1shnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:16 AM   #27353
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 26,621
Trader Rating: 178 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shnot View Post
hello folks , just recently got a schuy for a rubber car.....(thanks adam)
been going through this forum trying to find a answer, planning to use trakpower 4900 and saw one of the pics and post saying it will "not" fit cause of batt terminals are positioned, so it must be angled which i do not like and i do not want to dremel the bulkhead to make it fit. So does anyone have try fitting using lipo with top bullet styles? I perfer not to use lipos with wires from the side... and lastly looking for a ppd or that style of weighting system from the bottom, anyone have done it?

thanx guys
the pack will fit , if you place the pack with the battery terminals to the rear , you just need to take a little material of the rear bulkhead for the bullet plug can slide in, I had it dont to my older MI3 with no issues at all.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:39 AM   #27354
Tech Elite
 
Mike Haynes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Area 51
Posts: 3,699
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I have been using the large ppd 3oz plate, and i sticky tape the pack to it parrallel and just outside the bulkheads.
__________________
Team Associated - Reedy Power - Sweep - Protoform - TQ Wire - Lacher paint
Mike Haynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:45 AM   #27355
Tech Addict
 
1shnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Maple,ontario,Canada
Posts: 506
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Haynes View Post
I have been using the large ppd 3oz plate, and i sticky tape the pack to it parrallel and just outside the bulkheads.
any pics? and what batts do you use? guess thunderpower....
__________________
-Fast cats
-eXpress motorsports
-T.O.P
-Airtronics
1shnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:36 AM   #27356
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 26,621
Trader Rating: 178 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shnot View Post
any pics? and what batts do you use? guess thunderpower....
Here was my MI3.5 with the thunderpower
Attached Thumbnails
Schumacher Corner-fseara_race5_02_22_2009_179.jpg  
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:37 AM   #27357
Tech Fanatic
 
turbodog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Debary, Florida
Posts: 757
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

new lid, ready for battle.
Attached Thumbnails
Schumacher Corner-att00037.jpg  
__________________
Troy Schafer
turbodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:54 AM   #27358
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 26,621
Trader Rating: 178 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodog View Post
new lid, ready for battle.
nice Troy , hopefully my yellow paint wont rub off on your blue
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:01 AM   #27359
Tech Addict
 
1shnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Maple,ontario,Canada
Posts: 506
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

thanx for the reply guys... how about ip3800 any one tried that? batts terminals are more far apart then trakpower it seems, also I'm planning to use ppd style weight system I hope fits
__________________
-Fast cats
-eXpress motorsports
-T.O.P
-Airtronics
1shnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:25 PM   #27360
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,279
Default

A picture is worth a 1000 words thanks Aaron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG View Post
Here are pictures of how i do it .....the trinity motor is 173 grams ..the lipo is 305 grams divided by 3 equals 101 grams so 173 minus 101 is 72 grams of tungsten positioned on the battery directly across on the battery. The speedo cap and rec are 95 so preety much a wash.The servo saver is 5g plus transponder is 6 g and servo is 44 g.So i added 46 grams of weight to the servo and the car comes in at 1505.
outlandr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corner Dots anyone? RCGaryK Electric On-Road 19 07-03-2006 11:12 PM
On the Corner RC-HPI R/C Photography 0 08-02-2005 10:53 PM
Snowbirds Around the Corner scarecrow Florida Racing 20 01-27-2005 10:43 AM
1/12th Corner GT Racer Singapore R/C Racers 26 03-04-2004 06:59 AM
Shumacher Corner in Aus jamesbaxter_81 Australian Racing 6 01-08-2004 02:36 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:58 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net