Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stegger
I will be using the lowered shock towers front and rear with the standard chassis. What top deck will people be using for a carpet setup on foams??? i was looking at the stiff U3148
yeah, the stiff 2.5mm top deck works great! my club has med-low traction and the thick top deck is just right.....
Old 09-08-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
yeah, the stiff 2.5mm top deck works great! my club has med-low traction and the thick top deck is just right.....
Our carpet is medium/high grip. Will it still be good for this???
Old 09-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Tech Rookie

This topdeck also works well outdoors, plenty of initial turn in but no loss in rear grip!
Old 09-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Tech Rookie

I will be using the lowered shock towers front and rear with the standard chassis. What top deck will people be using for a carpet setup on foams??? i was looking at the stiff U3148
just out of interest what length have you set your shocks to when using the lowered towers? or has anyone else got a starting point for shock length when using them.....
Old 09-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Colin Price
just out of interest what length have you set your shocks to when using the lowered towers? or has anyone else got a starting point for shock length when using them.....
That was going to be my next question Col i've heard that you have to use the associated spring cups to get the ride height is this true ?
Stevie b from the cheshire forum
Old 09-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Tech Rookie

That was going to be my next question Col i've heard that you have to use the associated spring cups to get the ride height is this true ?
Stevie b from the cheshire forum
I dont know stevie, ive got some here to try and will probably just shave a little off the bottom ballcups to get them the right length, just hoping someone can give us a clue what the right length might be! Going to investigate further tomorrow and see what i come up with!
Old 09-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

A Lot of that will depend on tyre diameter - and Colin, something tells me you're unlikely to take tyres out of the box and true them right down
Old 09-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

I was going to true mine down to 58mm, any suggestions????
Old 09-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

hi guys
Is there any way to bring back to normal The Tweaked Chassis???
I just Take it out from car and Put it on a flat surface and put another flat weight on top does it helps or do I have to go for a new chassis ??? If So is there any one tried Stiff chassis I'm gonna race on Carpet most of the time
Thanx in advanced...
Old 09-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yokemad
hi guys
I just Take it out from car and Put it on a flat surface and put another flat weight on top does it helps or do I have to go for a new chassis ??? If So is there any one tried Stiff chassis I'm gonna race on Carpet most of the time
Thanx in advanced...
All I have had to do is loosen the the screws on the chassis to the bulkheads and to the top deck and then retighten. That has worked for me.

For carpet, I run the 2mm chassis and the extra stiff top deck. We have med/high bite carpet.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I was going to true mine down to 58mm, any suggestions????
I have the lowered towers on my car. Front shocks at 60.5mm w/ associated shock bottoms and I cut off about 3/16" off the top of the ball cup. Rear shocks at 61mm w/ associated shock bottoms. I always start my tires at 58mm's. I use 4.5mm ride hieght.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Alright guys - I am working with Larry from Team Tamale on having him make us up some front C-hubs - namely in 4*, 5*, & 6*. He has been making stuff for the Xray cars for quite some time. He uses the best aluminum available - the same stuff that is used on Boeing planes.

you can check out his website at www.teamtamale.com

His normal rates on a pair of chubs are $50 + shipping. I am just trying to get a head count on how many people would be interested.

just post here or shoot me a PM on what degree you would be interested in.

mcgoo
5's! Dialed..I'm down for some 5's
Old 09-08-2007, 08:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yokemad
hi guys
Thanx in advanced...
Loosen the screws on the shock towers, bellcrank plate, and upper deck. Bend the car back and forth to get everything to settle in place, then set it on a flat surface. If any of the screws stick out the bottom of the chassis you'll want to put it on droop blocks or something like that so that it can rest completely flat. Slowly tighten the 4 screws on the top deck in a cross pattern, I tighten them barely snug, then a little tight, and on the 3'rd pass tighten them all the way (Thanks PW) and my car will always sit flat after that. Then just tighten your bellcrank plate and shock towers down. If you have to use droop blocks to elevate the chassis while getting it flat, make sure it doesnt sag in the middle. If it does, repeat the top deck tightening until it's flat left to right and front to back.

If you can't get your car completely flat, chances are you bent a bulkhead, then you gotta take each one to a flat board to see which are causing the bend in your chassis and replace it/them.

If you've set the tweak on the car with a bent chassis you'll want to re-tweak it and set the droop again before you hit the track, otherwise even though the chassis is flat, it will drive tweaked.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MattW
A Lot of that will depend on tyre diameter - and Colin, something tells me you're unlikely to take tyres out of the box and true them right down
Cheers for that Matt , we have actually got a tyre truer, whether it makes an appearance is another thing!
Old 09-09-2007, 02:08 AM
Tech Master

lol. In all seroiusness, i do have some carpet towers and at some point will have a play with them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.