Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 08:39 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys. I tried running my rear diff slightly looser than it came out of the box. The car handle great after this. Problem is that once I loosened it, the diff would proceed to completely loosen itself until the diff was completely loose. A budy of mine I was practicing with did the same thing to his diff, but his didn't loosen. The only difference is that he said that after he loosened his diff, he went back and tightened down the locking grub screw on the other side down. I didn't do this. Is this why mine kept loosening up on me instead of holding the settings? Should I go back and tighten down that locking grub screw after I loosen the diff?
Old 04-29-2002, 09:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Darkseid: you must lock that screw also if u dun want the diff to get loose
Old 04-29-2002, 09:28 AM
Regional Moderator

Jean Alesi: Yeah, thats kinda what we figured the problem was with my diff. So the next time I decide to loosen the rear diff up a little, I'll remember to tighten down the locking screw as well.

I just have to remember "loosen diff screw, tighten locking screw"
Old 04-29-2002, 05:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ottoman...is it on power commin out of the corners or off power coasting. If its on power you can try standing the rear shocks up one hole in the rear as that will keep more weight on the front under power. If that does not work try moving the lower arm back this will reduce castor more and give more weight bais to the front end. I like the car with the least amount of castor possible, I even went so far as to grind the upper bulk head so I can take even more out. I might try rear arms in the front as that should take some of the castor out of the pivot ball, but you need to make a crash stop on the arm so you will not break the axel in a crash. I will try this next weekend and let you know.

Cornerspeed....Im not running stock shock shafts or pistons and mine dont hit the top intill full compression, and I still dont think that you will ever see that on the track. I did see that when I ran the stock parts but I still never really felt that you would get into that range of motion on the track.
Old 04-29-2002, 06:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Here is my Mission
I used the tyres that came with till they came apart they were perfect for a rookie.
Old 04-29-2002, 06:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Here is my Mission
I used the tyres that came with till they came apart they were perfect for a rookie.

I know the purple wheels got to go.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-rap22.jpg  
Old 04-29-2002, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

KevinK- raising the roll centers f/r with the that Fireblade part, is a little fuzzy to me?What exactly does it do to the cars handling charecteristics that the car doesnt have already! ALso Kevin, not critiking your setup, but why do you use Losi springs for running outdoors?
Old 04-29-2002, 07:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Corey.....You only use the Fireblade parts on the front of the car. In the rear you can use washers under the stock pices to raise the RC. This mod gives the car more mid corner and exit steering and makes the car roll more, you can use soft springs and not fear too much of the car grip flipping. I like the Losi springs over all springs because they offer the best selection and feel the best on the track. I do run Losi springs outside as well but the set up I posted was for carpet on rubber tires. Last weekend I ran Losi yellow and pink springs on my car outside but it was 45 deg out. I just feel the Losi springs work the best, I have tried all the springs on the market and they just suite my driving style the best and its easy to get ride hight out of them. Also they dont jump 5 to 10 lbs untill you get realy stiff like some springs do.
Old 04-29-2002, 10:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anyone know of a blank Mission setup sheet in JPEG format?

Thanks.
Old 04-30-2002, 05:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Mission blank setup sheet

SirSpeedy
does it have to be JPEG? Culd it it be a "WORD" doc? I have a Mission setup sheet in JPEG format it is to large to post please email me.
RC

Last edited by RC Raptor; 04-30-2002 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-30-2002, 06:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Any body have any setup suggestions for switching my Mission setup from road course to a oval? In addition, anybody’s opinion on oneways. Thanks!

RC
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-rap41.jpg  
Old 04-30-2002, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

The roll center mod on the front actually makes it the same as the rear. If you want more steering, high roll center front, low roll center in rear, or basically leave the rear alone.
Old 05-01-2002, 09:12 AM
Tech Adept

Is the mission good for stock. I know its good for mod but not stock. I race a xxx-s now and was wondering if it woudl be better then the xxx-s?
Old 05-01-2002, 09:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm currently running an Axis2 in Stock here in Phoenix, and it handles fantastic...I can't imagine the Mission not handling better, plus it's got a more efficient drive train. As soon as I'm able (Next month or so) I'll pick myself up a Mission too...I had a buddy of mine who runs a XXXS drive my Axis2, and he LOVES it...so much so that he borrowed my backup car!

Ron
Old 05-01-2002, 09:47 AM
Regional Moderator

onaMission: My Mission makes my stock motor feel like I'm running a mod. The acceleration is fantastic.

For even more efficiency in stock, go for the gray front belt. I haven't tried it yet, but the next time I have some ordering to do I will pick one up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.