R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Schumacher Corner (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/36-schumacher-corner.html)

Kevin K 02-28-2002 03:27 PM

Flounder.......I have never had that problem on the Axis 2....I did have the motor screws hit the belt if they were not the round head ones. Thats a strange one I ran alot of D4's in my old car and never had any problems with them hitting the belt:weird:

cornerspeed 02-28-2002 05:54 PM

Racer X- So what are you guys finding with set-up?

PW 02-28-2002 06:29 PM

Cornerspeed, give me a call tomorrow!!!!!!:sneaky: :tire: :tire: :sneaky:

tc3driver 02-28-2002 07:03 PM

thanks for the push

I appreciate the push in the right direction... and for all the replies

laters

Sandor 03-01-2002 03:06 PM

Re: Shredding Belt

Originally posted by flaunder
:) Well, I think I found the problem causing shredding of the rear belt on my Axis ll. I use a Trinity D-4 and the can has that black crinkle finish that is somewhat abrasive. The part of the motor housing the output bearing stuck out through the mounting plate far enough to actually rub the belt from vibrations under power. I shimmed the motor side to back the motor out further. Any one out there using a D-4 in an Axis ll?:tire: Nice sight! First one I've found with a Shumacher thread :D
I think it is the screw from your pinion. Check if it's sticking out a little bit. If so it can hit your belt.

Greetings from Holland
Sandor

AdrianM 03-01-2002 07:08 PM

We are working with some fast guys all over the country to get a few really good setups to serve as starting points for drivers going to the Carpet Nats.

Ron Atomic has a setup that has him running lap times 1/10th faster with the CS27GLR's than with his best setup on Sorex tires. He thinks he can make the set up faster and even easier to drive so stay tuned!

Brian Jucha, Timmy Heiser, RacerX, Jeff Whitman, Pat McCarson and Dominic Favarito are also hot on the case.

We had a good run at the Snowbirds. There was excellent sharing of information among all of the Schumacher Drivers. Sponsored and non-sponsored. We hope to have the same occur before and during the Carpet Nats!

Corey Bernardo 03-02-2002 08:22 AM

chee thanks Adrian, for including me in the list of people on hot pursuit of finding a hot setup! LOL I am basically there.......... O yea I didnt tell YOU that, i think it was Paul! lol

FoamDonuts 03-03-2002 01:09 PM

ADRIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!hehehhehe havent done that yet so I thought I would take advantage. Anywho, did you get Ron Atomic's setup for the CS27's yet? I am really dying to try it out, it sure would be nice to save a little money and not have to glue tires.
IKE

EAMotorsports 03-03-2002 08:03 PM

Has anyone had problems with the 64 pitch spur gear adapter rubbing the top plate and the belt?

thanks

ea

FoamDonuts 03-03-2002 08:10 PM

nope I havent

SirSpeedy 03-03-2002 08:38 PM

Eric-

My adaptor rubbed the upper deck.....at the edge of the opening for the spur. I beveled the edge around the spur opening slightly....seemed to fix it.

Where is the adaptor contacting the belt?

_neas_ 03-03-2002 08:39 PM

Speaking of 64 pitch. I got the adapter coming...what gears are/is everyone running? I do stock only.

Mopar 03-04-2002 12:15 PM

:cool: With a green machine 3, start around 116/33 with the 17, depending on size of track. I run mostly at SoCal Raceway. Hope that helps.:spidey: :ha: :tire: :batman:

EAMotorsports 03-04-2002 03:34 PM

SirSpeedy...its not rubbing very bad....but bad enough to feel in the drive train. I will bevel the top deck tonight.

Its rubbing the belt slightly on the side of the belt. Before I put the top deck on it rubed very bad and both front and rear pulleys wobbled. Not sure if the wobble in the pulley is what is causing it or not. But its not rubbing as bad with the top deck on...but the deck is.

ea

_neas_ 03-04-2002 10:36 PM

Thanks Mopar. I got the alloy 17 tooth coming. The 20 just didnt work for me... :)

I got a whole bunch of 64 pitch stuff...mostly higher up though I think...120+