Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is trinity going out of business?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BullFrog
No Delta had the 3 shock rear suppension in the 80's with the 1/12 super spyder!And then with the Super Villian 1/10th .
Links cars that Joel drove back then was also Composite Craft links cars.
This is correct. The first time this car was raced was at the 1986 World Championships in Las Vegas. I began racing for Delta at this race. The Spyder was a VERY good car and allowed me to win many races and establish track records (Briggs Cunninham museum, Ranch Pit Shop) that remained until these tracks closed/changed configurations.

Originally Posted by corallyman
Reno, NV. It was also Peak Performance's first race as a company. Rick won Mod, Tony Neisinger won stock.

Steve
This is true. Although I had started Peak a yer earlier with some small accessories, tire traction, etc. But this was the first race competing with our own motors. Mike Hickman and I bought some leftover Kyosho teardown motors from Kevin Orton and built them for the event (Mike had repvious experience amd I had worked for Big Jim for one summer). We also bought an ex-Trinity battery matcher from Orton (Trinity was not so happy about this!) . This is when you could not go out and buy something to test batteries off the shelf. It was alll custom made. And companies did not just sell other companies products to compete against them. It was a struggle as other companies actively tried to put me out of business. it is way different now and looking back it is a miracle that I survived.

Another interesting fact bout this race is that up until I started Peak I was racing for AE/Reedy. When I began Peak they no longer sponsored me for cars so I ran the same 12i that I had been racing. But this race was the first race for the 12L and I ended up beating the AE team guys with the older car! AE's website incorrectly lists me winning with a 12L.

When I went to the Worlds later that summer I could not compete with an older car which is why I switched to Delta.

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Corallyman and John Warner your wrong. The First (Indoors) Roar Nationals for 1/12th cars was held in Orlando - in 1987 at the Marriott hotel by the airport. This is where Rick Hohwart won his first ROAR Nationals as Peak Performance.I know I never went to Nevada for a R/C race. I did however win the Winners motor of the A main and that was Rick Hohwart driving a Delta Chassis 1/12th with his motor which I still have.I remember him and his partner going back to his room to give me the motor. InsteadI I told him to keep it and send me a new one.I then got on with the Peak Perfomance.
I actually won stock in '87 and was TQ in modified. I was TQ in mod by 4-5 seconds over skip Starkey (in another Delta car) and he was another couple of seconds ahead of third. The indoor track was bumpy which suited the Delta car but I got a bad start and coming through the field I broke. Randy Hunter won with a 12L and Peak so even though I did not win it was Peak's second Nats win in a row!

At least this is how I remember it!!
Old 12-30-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Rick it was real bumpy in one spot when the carpet came up and half the field went under the carpet in one of the mains. This race was done on a AMB- the first type of transponders the grey one and the print outs on that silver paper.I've got the Rev-up and my own pictures of the best paint and drivers stand and mains that were posted.
The motor I got from Rick ( a 24 turn quad?) is one of my favorite things I my R/C collection.I've also got afew other of his a reverse wind for the Whip.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

The whips demise was the Church next door. They basically forced Bob to sell to them. There was a big lawsuit, and the outlook wasn't looking good. They didn't like the fact that he was running races on Sundays, and the PA system and traffic was interfering with their services. Once the church took possestion, they had the place leveled within 5 days from signing. Bob said he was tired of fighting with them, and at his age he was ready to retire anyway. He also sold the park/camp a few months later. From what I've heard, he passed away a few years later.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
EV-10 was a link car, like everything else is now a days. Not sure if that was out before any of the CRC or Speedmerchant link cars though.

The trinity car wasnt the first mono ball car, there were countless other companies who used this technology before trinity. also the front end design came from someone as well, the same escapes me, but it reflected wh made it.

If i get some time ill post some scans of my old late 80's-early 90's car actions so i dont have to hear otherwise..
Old 01-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It was the delta front end ( independent front end). They made it with a graphite plate without the shock in the middle.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Why hasn't a mod come on here and shut this down like usual lol!!!!

Having worked for the man, all i can do is wish them the best of luck!!!
Still in the hunt for a job since getting screwd over by them!!

tenpins77
Old 01-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thisguy2849
Wow you all are a trip. Epic isnt going anywhere. We no longer distribute to Great Planes thus they are no longer carrying any of our products. Yes the Pulse motor was a mess BUT I personally sent out over 150 Nemesis motors to replace motors that where defective and were sent in. Yes in the past customer Service was lacking in the past but things have changed. If you have problems you can contact Billy or Lee (me) and we will take care of the problem you have to the best of our ability.
I for one would like to say thanks alot for the new Nemesis motor, it was unexpected that was for sure. I had given up at even wondering what would come of my old pulse motor (after seven months).