Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Almost forgot. what's a good starting point for the t4 on the 17.5 motor/blue rotor on an 83x40 track? During build I tried to get to 3.73 i think you mentioned in an earlier post, is that still the target considering the track size?
Old 12-30-2013, 08:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
Almost forgot. what's a good starting point for the t4 on the 17.5 motor/blue rotor on an 83x40 track? During build I tried to get to 3.73 i think you mentioned in an earlier post, is that still the target considering the track size?
I'd think 4.55 might be better for you. Work up to it slowly.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You'll need a 68-70T spur and 34-36T pinions. I like to stay with 48pitch for ease of setting and finishing all my races.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
I'd think 4.55 might be better for you. Work up to it slowly.
we're talking X-ray, go away with your ofna.

Originally Posted by bucknuts
You'll need a 68-70T spur and 34-36T pinions. I like to stay with 48pitch for ease of setting and finishing all my races.
how about 96 spur and 49 pinion 64 pitch. because that's what I already burned money on.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:05 PM
Gravity RC

Hi Paul, Merry Christmas (late) and Happy New Year (early). Can you recommend a heatsink/fan combo that fits the TP motors on the T4'14?
Hi,l I always just servo tape my fan to the chassis and have never had any problems with it. I use the Gravity GRC351 fan plugged in to the RX and it blows pleanty of air. Thanks!

With the Blue rotor i would say that a 3.9 with 30 deg timing is a good starting point. any more gear or timing would be pushing it right off the bat.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by morgoth
Do you have experience with that shop? I found it a few weeks ago, but his site was hacked with spam in his footer. When I emailed him I got a response about 8 days later
I do know Craig, I would give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Thanks
Old 12-31-2013, 02:15 PM
Gravity RC

Happy New Year Everyone!!
Old 12-31-2013, 03:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
Happy New Year to you and your family Paul
Old 12-31-2013, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Paul. Happy New Year.

Hi,l I always just servo tape my fan to the chassis and have never had any problems with it. I use the Gravity GRC351 fan plugged in to the RX and it blows pleanty of air. Thanks!

With the Blue rotor i would say that a 3.9 with 30 deg timing is a good starting point. any more gear or timing would be pushing it right off the bat.
Thanks!

I do know Craig, I would give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Thanks
Old 12-31-2013, 04:44 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

A Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your family from the Hadley RC Club.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Happy New Year to all

Thanks for all the great info on this thread.

Lets keep it going in 2014
Old 12-31-2013, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Have a Happy New Year to you n yours see ya soon
Old 01-13-2014, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

This worked out great Paul! Now I'm curious why you called it a "starting point", is there more in that motor I don't know about?

I'm going to get the green rotor for my 12th scale but needless to say, I am very impressed with the TP motor/Rotor combo.

Thanks!
Old 01-13-2014, 11:36 AM
Gravity RC

This worked out great Paul! Now I'm curious why you called it a "starting point", is there more in that motor I don't know about?

I'm going to get the green rotor for my 12th scale but needless to say, I am very impressed with the TP motor/Rotor combo.

Glad it worked well!. No Their is nothing more. When i say starting point its just where i would start on almost any given track. From that their will be variables which may need some extra tuning to get perfect. Variables that will make a difference from one driver to another might be. Driving style, speedo, car , track layout, grip level, tire size, air temp etc etc. So one set up is never perfect for everyone. But i try and get my "starting points" to be as universal as possible.

Thanks!
Old 01-16-2014, 07:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have a question about the the new USGT spec tires. I am running a associated TC6.1 and a Subaru body and the problem I am having is the car slides all over in the rear I have done alot of changes with little or no improvements. Sombody suggested body and I keep pointing to the tires. If I put that car back into VTA set up it runs fine But when it goes back into USGT setup which is weight and body and tires. It slides all over.

Any help would be great thanks Chris
Old 01-17-2014, 12:38 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by bigcracing
I have a question about the the new USGT spec tires. I am running a associated TC6.1 and a Subaru body and the problem I am having is the car slides all over in the rear I have done alot of changes with little or no improvements. Sombody suggested body and I keep pointing to the tires. If I put that car back into VTA set up it runs fine But when it goes back into USGT setup which is weight and body and tires. It slides all over.

Any help would be great thanks Chris
Hi, Im going to throw up our PM conversation, just in case anyone has any suggestions as well, as i am not so familiar with USGT. Thanks!

"I can understand that some could struggle with the tire, it is not a high performance tire and was made really to be long lasting and in expensive, which seems to have helped this class grow.
That being said you should be able to get the car working well enough on them to have lots of fun.

First I know that they do need to be run and broken in to achieve better grip.

Second I would try saucing the rears only at first to try and soften up the rears more and get better grip.

Third I would make sure that any weight added to the car is placed forward on the chassis, not back.

Fifth i would decrease front camber to only .5deg per side and increase the rear camber to 3deg. "

After these steps if the car is still bad i would definitely look for a new body as that can make a Huge difference.

Thats where i would start. Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.