Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Motor?'s

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

Default Motor?'s

i have two Trinity Monster stocks that are ineed of a rebuild.

My questions are what brushes and springs should i use and any other motor tuning tips that would help give me more power?

Thanks in Advance
Old 03-03-2004, 03:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hurricane Golds, Putnam Green and Blue, and Reedy 767s all work well in Monsters. Purple springs on both sides work well too.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Try a set of putnam green/green brushes with trinity red springs for a fast flowing high speed track, and trinity purple springs for a tight track that needs more torque of f of the corners. If your woried about wear and maintanence use a green/blue set of brushes. It will wear a little better and you probably not notice performance. For ultra wear and low maintanence run Reedy 767 brushes with the trinity red/green springs it will last 10 runs if broken in right and cleaned properly.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:14 PM
Tech Adept

that takes me to my next ?. How to proporly maintain and break in a motor?
Old 03-03-2004, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

i also forgot to mention that this is for a touring car racing.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

What I do is break it in at 2 -3 volts for 90 seconds(a 2 cell pack would work great for this) Then I check and clean my brushes making sure alignment is good and clean all the inital break in dust off. I let cool a few minutes then I break them in again for 90 seconds more. I clean and check the brushes again and spray the moror out with spray. Let dry reassemble and oil and Im all set. For an important run Ill cut the com after break in You think this would make motors not last as long but they actually last longer when you run them hard with a true comm. Less bouncing around with the brushes and alot faster. Also do not use a cooling fan attached to the motor run it not loaded, but a fan blowing on the comm end would be fine.