R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-02-2004, 12:53 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Default Airtronics Caliber 3P Help

Hello,

I recently dug out my old Airtronics Caliber 3P to use with the Micro RS4 I bought for my GF. I hooked up the old Novak mini receiver and new Spy Esc before trying it out. At first the combination worked poorly as the steering would jerk left briefly if I would give it full throttle AND it was very jerkey in reverse.

Unfortunately, things went from bad to worse as I left the display on over the weekend. When I got back home, after changing the batteries, the transmitter seems to be stuck at full throttle no matter if I try to reset the speed control or anything.

Does anyone know how to reset the transmitter or fix these problems? I have no idea where the manual is, and have forgotten what most of the settings mean.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 02:42 PM   #2
Suspended

Default Airtronics Caliber 3PS

I've been using my 3Ps for over 6 years with no problems whatsoever. I would try using a different transmitter with the ESC and receiver you have in the car now. It may be worth a shot to change the crystals and see if that helps. Hope this helps!
tmeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 03:07 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Do you know if there's any way to reset the transmitter?
Old 03-02-2004, 10:49 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to DT-Skyline Send a message via Yahoo to DT-Skyline Send a message via Skype™ to DT-Skyline

U can't really reset the transmiter unlike the Airtronics M8. Does that controller hav an LCD srceen? If possible, can u provide a pic for better studing plz? I could try to help. If u hav anything else u need help with, don't be afraid to PM me. I hav an HPI Micro RS4 too. I could probably helpalot maybe.
DT-Skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:59 PM   #5
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Almost sounds like wrong crystals...

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:04 AM   #6
Tech Regular

I cleared all of my settings last night, but that didn't do the trick. I think my throttle just stopped working for no good reason. When I go to the EPA adjustment for steering, I can set the end point to be 80 when I turn the wheel left and 100 when I turn the wheel right. HOWEVER, when I try to adjust the throttle to be different for forward and reverse, the controller does not recognize my trigger movement. I can change the EPA setting, but it stays at whatever I set it at regardless of the throttle position.

I hooked up my electronics in the TC3 with a new speed control (same receiver), but that didn't make any difference. Instead of the car blasting full forward, it just sat there not responding to the throttle at all.

I don't know, but I think I might be screwed.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:07 AM   #7
Tech Regular

I wanted to add that the crystals are the same one's that's have been in there from the day I bought it.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:14 PM   #8
Tech Regular

yes u can reprogram it.... u need to "short it "..

remove the rear cover which covers the PCB ....
off transmitter...
there will be a place where u have to short it with the ground....
all the charactors on the LCD will be display.. if no.. means not short properly..

NOW>>> SET all trims to centre~

turn steering to left...press "+" button
turn steering to right... press "+" button
full throttle ...press "+" button
full reverse ... press "+" button...
press end... off transmitter....

WAH LAH~~~ set~~~

err.... ok.... i think u dunno what i am saying too....

it is best to bring it back to Airtronics.... too bad i am in singapore n cannot help u....
Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote