Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WHAT CLASSES SHOULD RUN IN MAJOR RACES FOR 2010

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

here is my opinion on onroad in general for the bigger races..

Limit the classes to spec 17.5 and mod and one amateur class(no sponsors or stickers) for beginners with a 21.5 motor.

So

12th scale mod and spec 17.5 and amateur 21.5(no sponsors or stickers)
World GT mod and spec 17.5
TC Rubber or foam mod and spec 17.5 and 21.5 (no sponsors or stickers) maybe even test 1s for this application for all classes.

Then..

Get IIC, Snowbirds and Cleveland promoters to talk to one another and make it a series like the old days. Have them all promote each others race and finally have all the same classes. Make the races mean something like they did in the past. Could you imagine if all three were to support one another 100% . I bet it would not be hard to make all of these races full again . They could pitch to sponsors all three events and then a points championship at the end. The sponsors could get more bang for there buck by sponsoring all three events. also would be cool to see each of them at each others races promoting and making are hobby and sport more exciting. Now how can we make this happen ? Scotty, Boylan and MR Bill are you listening

Just my opinion.

Mike
Old 12-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Blackstock

Limit the classes to spec 17.5 and mod and one amateur class(no sponsors or stickers) for beginners with a 21.5 motor.

So

TC Rubber or foam mod and spec 17.5 and 21.5 (no sponsors or stickers) maybe even test 1s for this application for all classes.

Then..

Get IIC, Snowbirds and Cleveland promoters to talk to one another and make it a series like the old days. Have them all promote each others race and finally have all the same classes. Make the races mean something like they did in the past. Could you imagine if all three were to support one another 100% . I bet it would not be hard to make all of these races full again . They could pitch to sponsors all three events and then a points championship at the end. The sponsors could get more bang for there buck by sponsoring all three events. also would be cool to see each of them at each others races promoting and making are hobby and sport more exciting. Now how can we make this happen ? Scotty, Boylan and MR Bill are you listening

Just my opinion.

Mike

+1 100%

-DC-
Old 12-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Then..

Just my opinion.

Mike
sounds like "The Triple Crown"....
Old 12-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hebiki
sounds like "The Triple Crown"....
Sure .. do not care what you call it . Could be the Blank blank CUP . But we need something .
Old 12-04-2009, 10:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

I'm with you Mike!!.......... Let's get the ball rollin on this.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:48 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Mike makes a great point

What's the deal with VTA is that a class that draws 300 people every weekend at every track in the country except the entire state of Florida? Seems like that's the "hot ticket" class yet I couldn't pay someone to run it here in Florida?
Old 12-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
Mike makes a great point

What's the deal with VTA is that a class that draws 300 people every weekend at every track in the country except the entire state of Florida? Seems like that's the "hot ticket" class yet I couldn't pay someone to run it here in Florida?
VTA is non-existent here in SoCal... but RCGT is still running very strong.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
Mike makes a great point

How much? And I'd have to move but today its minus 31 with the wind so I'll have to rough it...................lol.

1+ on Mikes idea.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

johnny wishbone, you might not like it down here in southern Florida. During the severe cold snaps we sometimes get down into the mid 60's!!! That is of course with the windchill factor......
Old 12-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

VTA...USVTA RULES
(pro vta)RCGT...17.5/27T WITH HPI TIRES(3 CHOICES) AND ANY GT BODY(NO TC)
12TH MOD...OPEN TIRE AND MOTOR ECT
12TH STOCK...SPEC FOAM TIRE AND 17.5/27T
MOD TC...OPEN TIRE AND MOTOR ECT
STOCK TC...SPEC TIRE AND 17.5/27T

FILP A COIN ON FOAM OR RUBBER TIRE ON TC.....OR SINCE 12TH IS FOAM, MAKE THE TC CLASSES RUBBER...SO IF YOU WANT RUBBER RUN 12TH SCALE..
Old 12-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

TC Rubber 17.5/13.5/mod
12th scale 17.5/13.5/mod
WGT 13.5/10.5

No restrictions on sponsors or stickers in any class, but give an award to Top amatuer, Top Junior, and Top Master's driver in the slowest class of each car type. Can't run 17.5 and mod in the same car type, but ok to run 17.5 and 13.5 or 13.5 and mod. This gives people the opportunity to travel to a race with one car and run 2 classes without being thrown into the deep end with mod.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So

Then..

Just my opinion.

Mike
Isn't 17.5/1c for 1/12th scale too slow for average racers who will travle to race? around the east coast is all 13.5/1c in that class.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i would like to see foam sedan classes.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just my opinion.

Mike

That would be cool to see. Heck if they can have an ETS that has 6 legs running from Oct 09 to July 10, it be nice to see if they could put a 3 race series here together.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I also would like foam sedan classes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.