Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best 13.5T motor, which 1?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Questions?? Best 13.5T motor, which 1?

As well i saw somebody is also asking about the 9.5T motor in other thread, so how about if i am looking also for brushless but in 13.5T?
Could anybody tell me which of these 3 coming soon motors has more punch, middle range and highspeed, please:

LRP X12 stock spec 13.5T
Orion Vortex Pro stock (2009) 13.5T
Speedpassion V3.0 stock series 13.5T

Best regards
Old 11-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mac853
As well i saw somebody is also asking about the 9.5T motor in other thread, so how about if i am looking also for brushless but in 13.5T?
Could anybody tell me which of these 3 coming soon motors has more punch, middle range and highspeed, please:

LRP X12 stock spec 13.5T
Orion Vortex Pro stock (2009) 13.5T
Speedpassion V3.0 stock series 13.5T

Best regards
Number 1 LRP X12
Number 2 Orion
Number 3 V3.0
The LRP is by far the fastest of the 3.
There are faster motors like Novak Tekin and Epic.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:55 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mikky32
Number 1 LRP X12
Number 2 Orion
Number 3 V3.0
The LRP is by far the fastest of the 3.
There are faster motors like Novak Tekin and Epic.
Novak, Tekin and Epic's 13.5 are over 3100KV from our race rule.
Thanks for help me out!
Old 11-19-2009, 02:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Novak, Tekin and Epic's 13.5 are over 3100KV from our race rule.
Thanks for help me out!
That's sound like a stupid rule IMO. Novak was the first on the market with Sensored Brushless motors, and you'll follow a rule that effectively bans them.

Well if you have to stick to one of those motors, get the LRP.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:07 AM
Tech Adept

i run a hobby wing v2( they also make venom and speed passions units) motor and speedie and have a ton of speed and power to spare.this unit comes with program card and instruction and motor but lot cheaper.
i got mine and spare speedie for $100 au from hong kong on ebay but get the v2 its got a few more tweeks that you can make and run at between 35mm- 45mm roll out .
i have two cars that run the same electronics 1 is a ta05(tamiya) the other is a tf5(kyosho rtr) never had a problem after 1 year of racing
Old 11-19-2009, 05:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default 13.5 Motor

If you looking to for long term use go Novak. They might not be the fastest in the bunch put they will out last the others. I would stay away from cheap junk you find on ebay. You get what you pay for . Also support your local track or hobby shop or they will go away.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation

Originally Posted by kn7671
That's sound like a stupid rule IMO. Novak was the first on the market with Sensored Brushless motors, and you'll follow a rule that effectively bans them.

Well if you have to stick to one of those motors, get the LRP.
You have made the nice point.
In fact since you are living in Asia, the democracy is always almost never existed.
The advantage is always on the LHS owner, since they are selling Team Powers sensorless motors, they invented that rule to fitting their market.
I could tell you i saw somebody are using Nosram 13.5T, that motor is labelled more than 3100KV, controversially he wasn't been DNQ, just because he was 1 of the shop owner, so fair, isn't it?

Originally Posted by little man
i run a hobby wing v2( they also make venom and speed passions units) motor and speedie and have a ton of speed and power to spare.this unit comes with program card and instruction and motor but lot cheaper.
i got mine and spare speedie for $100 au from hong kong on ebay but get the v2 its got a few more tweeks that you can make and run at between 35mm- 45mm roll out .
i have two cars that run the same electronics 1 is a ta05(tamiya) the other is a tf5(kyosho rtr) never had a problem after 1 year of racing
I am using 120A of this make, but now i am looking to using the coming soon LRP SXX stock spec.
Due the HW ESC's reliability is always be doubt, i saw my friend's 1 which bought in the summer been broken just in the free practising in last month, without any short circuit or overheat happened, then sent it to China for fixing and must buy the another 1 due the factory could not return him on time to be repaired for the next race.

About the reason for me going possibly on LRP, just because i saw the 4000KV guys are using the SXX TC with good running, then i believe the latest stock spec could be good solution in my 3100KV class, i guess!
Old 11-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Due the HW ESC's reliability is always be doubt, i saw my friend's 1 which bought in the summer been broken just in the free practising in last month, without any short circuit or overheat happened, then sent it to China for fixing and must buy the another 1 due the factory could not return him on time to be repaired for the next race.
I have 2 of the hobbywing esc's & 3 hobbywing motors. 100% reliable.
Had a brand new LRP esc fail instantly. Took back to the shop & the next 2 also failed IN THE SHOP. Cause was a faulty sensor in the LRP motor
Hobbywing/ezrun are actually very reliable, but NO product is 100% reliable. Every Brand will have a few units fail.
Im not recommending the hobbywing for racing, just fun. Factor in the cost, Its not really meant to be high performance.
The Aus minis do now use Hobbywing as the spec motor/esc for racing.Any reliablity issues would turn up pretty quicklyly there.