Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Really..Dont tell HPI..Thats how they do it on the Pro4 shocks..
Old 02-04-2005, 12:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder

also has anyone ever made a small hole on the allow part of the shock tops to allow for better bleeding and easier assembly of these shocks?
Yes I've tried drilling the hole, it doesn't affect the way the bladder works as far as compensating for the volume of the shaft goes. afaik The trapped air just creates pressure that increases the rebound of the shock.

I wouldn't say that the hole makes the shock necessarily easier to build as you cannot rely on pressure in the bladder to force out excess oil - so if anything you have to be a bit more careful.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Arthur
Yes I've tried drilling the hole, it doesn't affect the way the bladder works as far as compensating for the volume of the shaft goes. afaik The trapped air just creates pressure that increases the rebound of the shock.

I wouldn't say that the hole makes the shock necessarily easier to build as you cannot rely on pressure in the bladder to force out excess oil - so if anything you have to be a bit more careful.
ok cool,it's just that almost all manufacturers have this feature. dontfeel cold if you try it tell me what happens. i also think it depends on were you make the hole. if arthur made it too high or low it might not work, or let too much air out....

i like the serpent shocks they are a cool design, the piston hole adjustment is a excelent tuning tool!
Old 02-05-2005, 01:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Venom...

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
i also think it depends on were you make the hole. if arthur made it too high or low it might not work, or let too much air out....
ooops I think we are talking about different things

I'm talking about drilling a hole in the plastic cap that the rubber bladder pops onto, this is to reduce the rebound. I was more responding to BigDogs post about the function of the bladder being affected, I might have misunderstood what he meant as well.

I reread your post, and I think you meant drilling a hole in the ally top cap to help the oil bleed out giving it an easier path out than through the flats in the thread in the shock body?

If so my post was irrelevant to what you were talking about!

Lesson of the day: READ the post!
Old 02-05-2005, 03:49 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Venom...

Originally posted by Arthur
ooops I think we are talking about different things

I'm talking about drilling a hole in the plastic cap that the rubber bladder pops onto, this is to reduce the rebound. I was more responding to BigDogs post about the function of the bladder being affected, I might have misunderstood what he meant as well.

I reread your post, and I think you meant drilling a hole in the ally top cap to help the oil bleed out giving it an easier path out than through the flats in the thread in the shock body?

If so my post was irrelevant to what you were talking about!

Lesson of the day: READ the post!
yeah ok. i might give the alloy cap hole idea a go... but first i need some backup spares just incase it doesn't work. spare parts for x rays are pritty shocking to get at the moment.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Who makes bumpers for the T1FK, and where can I get them? If I order one, will I even get it? I remember reading quite a few posts a while back from people who had paid for bumpers but never received them.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 02-06-2005, 11:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Setup

Greetings, I'm looking for agood starting setup to use on my FK. I will be racing a medium bite, medium sized asphalt track. 540 Mabuchi motors and Tamiya A 24mm slicks/w soft inserts. The thing is I wanna keep the one-way cause I feel in this class it would probably be faster..... If it doesn't work I can always put my spare diff in....but I really wanna try the one-way in this class...... with the reduced motor braking I think a one-way could add the extra off-power steering I would want....

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by Speedo
Who makes bumpers for the T1FK, and where can I get them? If I order one, will I even get it? I remember reading quite a few posts a while back from people who had paid for bumpers but never received them.

Thanks,
Josh
I got my bumper from Wannabee (Kevin Evanichko) of Rubberneck racing and it worked great.

pdubracing also makes bumpers that work well, but at the time of my order they had no stock.

You can try pm'ing Wannabee on here or contat pdubracing through pdubracing.com
Old 02-07-2005, 06:02 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Setup

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
Greetings, I'm looking for agood starting setup to use on my FK. I will be racing a medium bite, medium sized asphalt track. 540 Mabuchi motors and Tamiya A 24mm slicks/w soft inserts. The thing is I wanna keep the one-way cause I feel in this class it would probably be faster..... If it doesn't work I can always put my spare diff in....but I really wanna try the one-way in this class...... with the reduced motor braking I think a one-way could add the extra off-power steering I would want....

Thanks in advance.
I am looking for a asphault setup too for ideas. I am basically going to have to go back to the box stock setup, so I am looking for an alternative starting point. My setup is wayyyyy far out right now lol from too many last minute adjustments trying to get ready for the next heat and the weather preventing any practice.

Running CS 22s or 27s....large pretty flowing track, just 1 or 2 tight corners. Don't have a one way yet but getting one soon. Running 19T this points series.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Hey,

I got an Evo2 with some hop-ups (short arms & BMI Chassis) equipped with a JR Digital Servo, JR RS300 Synthesized Reciever and GM v12 ESC

Aprox. how much weight would you think I'd have to add to get my car up to legal weight? (1525 grams)

Thanks -Dan
Old 02-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

i have a great setup its been giving me wins for some time now. our track is medium grip and has lots of tight corners. i feel that the setup is superb in chicanes and sweepers. PM me if interested.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

THIS IS MY RUBBER ON MED BITE ASPHALT SET-UP

i currently dont have a set-up for carpet.

this set-up is easy to drive and handles like its on rails. it really works for me hope it does for you too!!!
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1-striker%5Cs-set-up.gif  
Old 02-09-2005, 11:17 PM
Tech Master

Old 02-10-2005, 03:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Thumbs up T!FK

Xray has finally released the official car. now showing on their website.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

the new xray is looking pretty nice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.