Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Last one - One with an axle in it to show fit. Pinned and works just like the other blocks.

The next test will be at the track to see if they bend easier now. I'll let RCmonk and Proteam help me out because they like taking me out.
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1-123-2342.jpg  
Old 11-24-2004, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

John.
I didnt know you work for Xray.

Btw, nice thing your working on.
Hope it helps alot.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

LOL - I don't work for Xray.. I do like to keep my money in my bank account though, and 25$/pair for these axles doesn't if they're bent and in the garbage. Now I can reuse them.

Maybe I should apply for a patent for this... I have one already, another patent would be nice.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

John, that is a great idea!! Where did you get those pieces of machinary

Not sure if your going to Cleveland but if you are GOODLUCK!!

Jon
Old 11-24-2004, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

John F,
can you fix my axles? how much money do you want to do it. ill send you all four.

thanks
marshalv
Old 11-24-2004, 07:33 PM
Tech Regular

John,

I you need more bent axles to test , I am your man....heh...heh.

Originally posted by John Fontaine
Last one - One with an axle in it to show fit. Pinned and works just like the other blocks.

The next test will be at the track to see if they bend easier now. I'll let RCmonk and Proteam help me out because they like taking me out.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by KMW
The XRC is quite heavy, but an FK with it on should still be under weight per ROAR and IFMAR rules.

On my scale the stock chassis is 69 grams while the XRC is 115 grams. I understand that the BMI chassis is lighter, but just as stiff. I'm not sure what the BMI chassis weighs though.
Corey and KMW, thanks for the info. And your right. With the XRC, my car would still only weigh 1436 grams with PT, Body etc. Amazing ... as Tom Esposito put it to me ... "Dude! Xray for life!!! It's baaaad!!!"
Old 11-24-2004, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by dado11g
do you guys know where i can buy some metal fornt c-hubs? i broke 6 today with very light hits!
go to team tamale. they are in my sig. the guy there mills them and we have 10-15 guys local that all use them. Not a single bent one yet. I know he has sold like 20+ sets and have yet to see one bend.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by mazmorbid
I haven't bent one yet? and I have had some good hits I modified my front Hub's (Dremel) as suggested by the owner of my local track.
Here's a pic compared to standard.
Mazmorbid, that's the coolest mod I've seen so far. It so simple it makes sense.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

John, Beautiful work. Would it help to heat up the molecular structure of the bone before going into the jig?
Old 11-25-2004, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

John,

Looks like nice work, but if the axle is bent and your jig is straight then how do you ensure that the bent axle will fit into the straight line of the jig when you start hammering???

Thanks, Mike
Old 11-25-2004, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

what i found funny was sometimes my spring steel axle will be bent alittle then you can see it alot. But after it unbent itself, lol. Anyone ever had that?
Old 11-25-2004, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally posted by kidDynomite
Mazmorbid, that's the coolest mod I've seen so far. It so simple it makes sense.
Thanks kidDynomite, I believe prevention is better than a cure, if I had any bent driveshafts I would love to see if John's little tool could fix them, very nice work John.
Old 11-25-2004, 06:31 AM
Tech Regular

Default knuckles

I hae broken two steering knuckles and I find it almost impossible to free the inner bearing from the knuckle. It looks as though the drive hub gets deformed and forms a lip around the inner bearing race and I cannot get the bearing over the hub. Has anybody else had a similar problem in repairing the front knuckles, and if so how did you fix it? and does anybody have any idea why this happens?

Otherwise, this car is the best thing out there hands down. I am by far in the middle of the pack at my track, but constantly getting raves about how my car drives and handles. I guarantee if there were kits available, more people would be driving these.
Old 11-25-2004, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)
Default Re: knuckles

Originally posted by chach
I hae broken two steering knuckles and I find it almost impossible to free the inner bearing from the knuckle. It looks as though the drive hub gets deformed and forms a lip around the inner bearing race and I cannot get the bearing over the hub. Has anybody else had a similar problem in repairing the front knuckles, and if so how did you fix it? and does anybody have any idea why this happens?

Otherwise, this car is the best thing out there hands down. I am by far in the middle of the pack at my track, but constantly getting raves about how my car drives and handles. I guarantee if there were kits available, more people would be driving these.
Here is a pic that might help you out Pic of Hub I have modified my Hubs for 2 reasons, the 1st mainly to stop bending the driveshafts on impact, 2nd is to stop the bearing from locking onto the shaft, as the grinding of the driveshaft onto the Hub makes it 'flare out' so the bearing is then locked on, if you want more info or more pics just ask me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.