Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Be careful of installing aluminum stuff to keep from breaking parts. If you change to aluminum c-hubs, you'll transfer that force to arms, or knuckles, or any other attatched part that's composite. There's no "be all end all" fix to keep from breaking parts. Your best bet is to not hit anything.

Rob
Old 11-07-2004, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by losirob
Be careful of installing aluminum stuff to keep from breaking parts. If you change to aluminum c-hubs, you'll transfer that force to arms, or knuckles, or any other attatched part that's composite. There's no "be all end all" fix to keep from breaking parts. Your best bet is to not hit anything.

Rob
And i heard the better alum C-hubs are by teamtamale i think.

Rob: Thanks again man!

Jon
Old 11-07-2004, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

That's why I was hoping there would be some feedback about an improved bumper....absorb the impact before it gets to the parts...

I've heard the Xray pieces won't break, but are relatively prone to bending...still takes you out of the race
Old 11-07-2004, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Windsorguy99
That's why I was hoping there would be some feedback about an improved bumper....absorb the impact before it gets to the parts...

I've heard the Xray pieces won't break, but are relatively prone to bending...still takes you out of the race
I havent heard of another bumper.. but i heard the xray alum c-hubs bend, so get the teamtamale ones i think.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

My Xray is built now too!

Only thing im not happy about is the shocks, I had the same problems as TigeRyan. I tried for hours to get the damn things to screw in as far as the book said, 2 would, 2 wouldnt...

Oh well, put the slightly longer ones on one end, the shorter ones on the other. The length difference was only a mm or two, so wont matter a big deal.

Not a huge fan of the plastic shock bodies, but the shocks are nice and smooth at least.

There are a few pics of the car in my gallery, in the Xray gallery under RC pics.

http://www.lanpad.org/gallery/
Old 11-07-2004, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by v0rtex
My Xray is built now too!

Only thing im not happy about is the shocks, I had the same problems as TigeRyan. I tried for hours to get the damn things to screw in as far as the book said, 2 would, 2 wouldnt...

Oh well, put the slightly longer ones on one end, the shorter ones on the other. The length difference was only a mm or two, so wont matter a big deal.

Not a huge fan of the plastic shock bodies, but the shocks are nice and smooth at least.

There are a few pics of the car in my gallery, in the Xray gallery under RC pics.

http://www.lanpad.org/gallery/
Good Job Vortex, looks sweet. Ya the shocks are alittle pain but its okay, you can get your self some alum shock bodies to make it easier, even though i havent got them yet, lol But i think its just as good.

Jon
Old 11-07-2004, 05:59 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Windsorguy99

www.pdubracing.com
Old 11-07-2004, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

I think Corey was talking about the Team Xray chassis. I just got mine this weekend and I started filing down the battery slots to lower the CG.

On that matter, do all you guys use CA glue on the edges or is that just way overboard?
Old 11-07-2004, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

mech- Yea I am talking about the Xray 3.5mm XRC chassis.

chach- If your going to file the chassis, and do all the slots. You mind as well take the extra 10minutes to do the CA. It not only looks trick, it actually does serve a purpose. Prevents the chassis from splintering.

Now I have read, some people are having trouble threading the ball ends on the shock shafts... Its pretty simple though. Take a rubber jar opener, wrap it around the shock shaft, then with baby sized vice grips, clamp it on the shaft. Start it the ball end my hand, then put a thin allen driver (1/16th) through the whole of the ball end and screw up the ball end. Just leave about 1mm of thread showing. If you wanna get really technical, I made my shocks 70mm f/r.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

OOOPS it must be too late for me...

Meant to say " Start the ball end, by hand"
Old 11-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Corey Bernardo
Now I have read, some people are having trouble threading the ball ends on the shock shafts... Its pretty simple though. Take a rubber jar opener, wrap it around the shock shaft, then with baby sized vice grips, clamp it on the shaft. Start it the ball end my hand, then put a thin allen driver (1/16th) through the whole of the ball end and screw up the ball end. Just leave about 1mm of thread showing. If you wanna get really technical, I made my shocks 70mm f/r.
I tried a similar process to that, but the tool would just cut through the towel I was using to prevent damage to the shock shaft and still slip anyway...

It scored the shaft a little, but I dont think it will cause any problems as its just a scuff mark on the shaft itself.

Not to worry...
Old 11-07-2004, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I am going to order all new ends and do it with 2mm showing instead of 1mm....but besides that I am about to install the ESC and be ready to go...too bad I gotta wait for parts, eRRRRRR....
Old 11-07-2004, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

vortex- yea its all about the rubber mason jar opener!!! LOL.. I didnt even get a hint of a scuff on mine.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Stock carpet set up

Can someone help me!! I need carpet setup for stock and gearing.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

What sized track? Large, small, inbetween? Tight and technical or open and flowing?

Rob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.