Wiki Posts
Search

2010 ROAR Electric OnRoad Carpet Nationals @ The Track - Gaithersburg, MD

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Teacher
Tread1, If we say sorry will you come to the race....
Good chance I will be in that area for family business but I won't have time to race,but I might stop in to make sure Goetz is behaving himself.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCFREAK
i didnt realize i didnt use proper etiquette.... i didnt think i reflected on all the RACERS at my local track.
More power to you Arvin,if you can't see that vocal members of a track reflect on that track we will have to differ on our opinions.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Are the black diamond esc legal for the 17.5 rubber touring class? If so I will have to swap out the tekin.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Why? the Tekin with the new software is money...
Old 02-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

At the NEGS I was running 10.5 1/12th and I didn't have any undue problems with bumps. Mimi's is a very nice racing surface and a great facility. Not to mention that Mimi herself is one of the best folks that one could ever meet in the hobby/sport, and she has been supporting our collective interest for a very long time. Is the Track's racing surface billiard table smooth? No. But it's plenty smooth enough, smoother than most, and a great place for hosting a great race. The track conditions are way better than virtually every travel race that I've attended in the last 10+ years. At Cleveland for years and at last year's Nats in Ohio, those Hotel tracks always have very significant and problematic ripples. And the track conditions there even change dramatically thru the weekend. And yet we always have great racing and great fun at those Hotel venues. Compared to those lumpy and inconsistant temporary layouts, our track at Mimi's could be described as billiard table smooth. It's just a Sears billiard table and not quite a perfectly ground slate surface. Heck, isn't this why the cars have springs and shocks on them anyway? A few imperfections are all just part of solving the puzzle. And the best puzzle solver always wins. Bring it on boys.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by vafactor
At the NEGS I was running 10.5 1/12th and I didn't have any undue problems with bumps. Mimi's is a very nice racing surface and a great facility. Not to mention that Mimi herself is one of the best folks that one could ever meet in the hobby/sport, and she has been supporting our collective interest for a very long time. Is the Track's racing surface billiard table smooth? No. But it's plenty smooth enough, smoother than most, and a great place for hosting a great race. The track conditions are way better than virtually every travel race that I've attended in the last 10+ years. At Cleveland for years and at last year's Nats in Ohio, those Hotel tracks always have very significant and problematic ripples. And the track conditions there even change dramatically thru the weekend. And yet we always have great racing and great fun at those Hotel venues. Compared to those lumpy and inconsistant temporary layouts, our track at Mimi's could be described as billiard table smooth. It's just a Sears billiard table and not quite a perfectly ground slate surface. Heck, isn't this why the cars have springs and shocks on them anyway? A few imperfections are all just part of solving the puzzle. And the best puzzle solver always wins. Bring it on boys.
Well put and right on the money Perry.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Almost time for the 2010 Carpet Nationals!

My entry will be coming in this week!

The track is awesome, one of the largest around, with no poles, monitors all around, and spacious pits. Will be one to remeber!
Old 02-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anyone have a place for me to sleep a night or two during nats?
Old 02-26-2010, 04:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by KHoff7
Anyone have a place for me to sleep a night or two during nats?
In a van, down by the river, under the bridge...
Old 02-26-2010, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Will we beable to buy ROAR membership at the Track?
Old 02-26-2010, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default its all good

no body move no body get hurt,love peace and hair grease, ive now got an new found luv for the joyous and jovail spirit of the track,and the allmighty mmwc with there highly competitive spirit. i now know that i am loved. and yes its all my bad. one luv peace out...
Old 02-26-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

All signed up. Now i need some people to race with me in World GT. Come on people let's get signed up and support mimi and Roar. Quit hating so much and let's try and make these races something to cherish.

Mike
Old 02-26-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool

. . OK Mike I'm half way there I signed up for roar . Will sign up for a class tonite !

. . Lets go Boys !

Thank you for your online membership enrollment payment through Pay Pal. ROAR will be notified of your payment and you will receive an email shortly that you may use as a temporary membership card. If there are problems in the Pay Pal processing, you will be notified.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Has ROAR ever canceled a championship race due to lack of entries?

http://www.roarracing.com/national_r...s.php?raceid=8
Old 02-27-2010, 03:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tire Chunker
Has ROAR ever canceled a championship race due to lack of entries?

http://www.roarracing.com/national_r...s.php?raceid=8
I don't think so, if I recall there weren't that many entries as the last on-road paved nats and they still held the race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.