Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1568Likes

Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

someone will probably correct me here, but when i ran anything more than a 13.5 i had to add a BOAT LOAD of lead to the rear end when i switched to lipo.. like 5 ounces in the rear.. that car was designed for nimh..
Old 03-01-2010, 09:18 PM

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Try some softer side springs and heavier shock oil in the side dampers.
Also use a softer center shock spring.
Use traction compound on the full widt of the rear tires and only a smal inner part of the front tires to kill some steering.

As a last, check the chassis bottom for wear. If it has lots of scratches, increase ride height.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tallyrc
is your diff ok? nice and free? also make sure you have a little pod droop. not familiar with that shock setup, but obviously it should be relatively soft for asphalt and not tweeked. pink and purple is a great starting point for asphalt. what motor is that?
motor is 10.5 orion..Diff is super smooth..I only have problems at this one track
Old 03-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tallyrc
someone will probably correct me here, but when i ran anything more than a 13.5 i had to add a BOAT LOAD of lead to the rear end when i switched to lipo.. like 5 ounces in the rear.. that car was designed for nimh..
Idd, thats prolly why the car oversteers that much, I had to do the same with an asso L2 and a Corally C10 on lipo.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
Every where it has oversteer..On the straight it pulls left or right..You touch the wheel and it does what it wants. I ran the car on carpet and it drove perfect and so did it at another track..But this one particulr track is very difficult to drive on..Sean Cochran of Assoiciated said he turns his steering radius down to less that half the throw..Kinda weird
that is one sexy machine you have there.

On the picture it seems you might also round the edges of the tires more. But like Protenholland says, go soft at the back. Soft springs and oil in centershock. What is your setup? springs/oil ride height pod droop etc?

Edit:

How is your steering throw or ackerman? Is the inside tire steering more then the outside? and if so how much?

edit:2
Also look if the front steering knuckle is falling under its own weight without the springs attached. Someone who also had an evo10 had binding issues with the front end of his evo10.

Last edited by 2wdrive; 03-02-2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Taz_S
Look great.
Thanx!!! I am currently working on a new version which will be ready soon...

Old 03-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
that is one sexy machine you have there.

On the picture it seems you might also round the edges of the tires more. But like Protenholland says, go soft at the back. Soft springs and oil in centershock. What is your setup? springs/oil ride height pod droop etc?

Edit:

How is your steering throw or ackerman? Is the inside tire steering more then the outside? and if so how much?

edit:2
Also look if the front steering knuckle is falling under its own weight without the springs attached. Someone who also had an evo10 had binding issues with the front end of his evo10.
I really dont know too much about pan car setup..All I did was add 30wt oil in the shocks,I dont know what the rate of that center shock spring is?Ride height is about 4mm...I havnt measured the pod droop,just eyeballed it..It is on rails at my locl carpet track...Hard to get it setup right at this indoor asphalt track..I will try going to a softer spring..Front springs are orange..One side arm is binding a bit
Old 03-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
I really dont know too much about pan car setup..All I did was add 30wt oil in the shocks,I dont know what the rate of that center shock spring is?Ride height is about 4mm...I havnt measured the pod droop,just eyeballed it..It is on rails at my locl carpet track...Hard to get it setup right at this indoor asphalt track..I will try going to a softer spring..Front springs are orange..One side arm is binding a bit

almost anything works "ok" on carpet.. that's not a good baseline for how your car is working in my opinion.. add lead.. that single lipo down the center really lightens up the back end of the car. if your not familiar with the springs on the car you need to try to find out what they are and they should be in the range of an associated silver green or blue. 25-30 wt oil in that center shock.. my side springs are those same micro shocks.. and i wear silvers.. sauce the heck out of the rears.. paragon black can or something else you like for a good 15 minutes.. turn your steering epa down a little.. car should make between a 3 and 4 foot circle when rolling slowly...
Old 03-07-2010, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone out there in the Philadelphia area interested in trying to race Pro 10 this summer at either Blue Diamond or Jackson RC? 4 cars makes a class.

Lee B.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys

Took my Pro10 out for it's first run of the year today. I've only been bashing at my local outdoor club for around 6 months so I'm still on a big learning curve. My local club alows Pro10's to race in the same class as the GT10/WorldGT without any restrictions!.
Pro10 is still pretty dead in the UK but the 200mm class has started to gain some following but the ones at my club are just so damn slow as they are running stock motors with others running 1s.

Anyway, I'm trying to learn more about 'roll out'. Are there any links where I could find information or can you guys help? I understand the basics but there are a few things that are not clear.

What do I need to do to my gearing if I use a hotter motor?

Lower roll out for short track and vise versa?

Does the timing adjustment have much of an effect on a brushless motor and is it correct that the lower the timing the more torque and less RPM the motor will have?

Many thanks.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

less timing more torque less speed, more timing less torque but more speed.

short track lower rollout. big track higher rollout.

Low wind motors have a lower rollout then high wind motors.

10.5t 2s on big gas track is ~50-60mm rollout
4.5t 2s on gas track ~30-35mm rollout

esc with adjustable timing is normaly lower rollout then esc with no adjustable timing.

What esc and motor are you using?
Old 03-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
less timing more torque less speed, more timing less torque but more speed.

short track lower rollout. big track higher rollout.

Low wind motors have a lower rollout then high wind motors.

10.5t 2s on big gas track is ~50-60mm rollout
4.5t 2s on gas track ~30-35mm rollout

esc with adjustable timing is normaly lower rollout then esc with no adjustable timing.

What esc and motor are you using?
I'm using LRP X12 8.5 with SXX TC spec esc. I also have a X12 4.5 that hasn't been used yet.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Another thing to consider when on a short track, is by advancing timing, and lowering your roll out, you can get rid of the torque coming out of the corners, but keep the top end. This really helps on a slippery track, or a track with alot of slow corners. Just keep an eye on those motor temps!

Shawn.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JIM1
I'm using LRP X12 8.5 with SXX TC spec esc. I also have a X12 4.5 that hasn't been used yet.
i forgot something, mod motors don't use a lot of extra timing. 4.5t doesn't need almost any extra timing to go fast and for a fact, too much timing will hurt the speed and motor. the 4.5t novak i used with max 9 degrees of extra esc timing. Anything above that it just coggs.

Depending on motorbrand the motor timing can be slightly diferent and thus the total timing on the motor will be different as well.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
Another thing to consider when on a short track, is by advancing timing, and lowering your roll out, you can get rid of the torque coming out of the corners, but keep the top end. This really helps on a slippery track, or a track with alot of slow corners. Just keep an eye on those motor temps!

Shawn.
I will try this as my track does have a lot of slow corners and putting the power down is hard sometimes.

So, in a nut shell - Lower roll out means shorter gearing therfore more punch and less top speed and higher roll out is the opposite, correct?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.