Community
Wiki Posts
Search

question

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 05:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? question

Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as learning all the different electronic setups. I havent owned a rc car in a while and im quite confused with all of the different battery, esc, motor setups... mostly all the different amps, volts etc. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Old 08-16-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What is it you want to do? As much as you can give for the info. It helps with the info you will get. Type of car, racing or bashing, looking to race a particular class, where are you planning on running, price point, looking new or used, how long do you want to run, interested in nearly maintenance free? Lots of questions. Provide as much as you can.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Rookie

I used to race back when i was much younger, im now 24. I had a RS4 pro set up nicely to run in a stock class. I sold that to go with the equivalent on the nitro side. Biggest mistake i ever made, i really appreciate electric. Not to mention that it appears with the addition of LiPos and brushless setups, these cars are significantly faster.

Im looking to get back into racing, probably stock and modified. Not sure if i want to go back to TC or go with some sort of stadium truck... Just trying to familiarize myself with all of these higher tech components that i have never dealt with before.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

what i've noticed is that stadium trucks have kind of died off (at least where i am! ) and that electrics have really kicked off with the addition of brushless/lipo's now.

i was talking to my race track owner and he said you know, in about 5 years, i can see electric being the only way to go. nitro will be a thing of the past. and i kind of agreed with him. electric will keep getting more advanced..and i dont see nitro making a huge break through really (unless they can make engines that wont lose compression so fast :P) i forget the point of why i said this, but...yeah i guess just throwing it out there.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bubblehead1428
Im looking to get back into racing, probably stock and modified. Not sure if i want to go back to TC or go with some sort of stadium truck... Just trying to familiarize myself with all of these higher tech components that i have never dealt with before.
My advice would be go to where you intend to race and find out what is popular as far as classes go. Nothing bites harder the buying new gear to find out that nobody races your type of vehicle.

On a side note if you want to race TCs again I have an XRay T2R for sale that is brand new . It's never had electrics installed all I've done is the assembly. I changed my mind about what car I want to run. I like being that one guy doesn't run what the rest of the group runs. My local track is all TOP Photons, XRays, and a few TC 5s