Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M8 or Helios?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

ROFL

My friends tell me that I buy anything with lots of leds or big LCD screens. The GFX and the M8 belomg to the second category.

The EX10 and battery trays to the first one
Old 01-16-2004, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

Default radios

one problem I have seen with KO is that if you get to close to someone running an airtronics M8 it has a tendancy to glitch, because the signal that the M8 sends out is actually much stronger. But it's all about the feel of the radio, especially in long mains, and what you need it to do. Come on guys you probably don't use half if the things on our radios anyways-Dave
Old 01-16-2004, 02:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

one problem I have seen with KO is that if you get to close to someone running an airtronics M8 it has a tendancy to glitch, because the signal that the M8 sends out is actually much stronger.
I've never had that happen. At the Novak race last weekend I stood between Mike Lack and Ron Matteuci who both use M8s and never had one hit with my Presto. And I've been using KO radios since '99 without trouble.
Old 01-16-2004, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

Default ko

I have seen it happen two or three times. I am not sure what the problem was, maybe their batteries were running low and sending out a weak signal. But two people at my club races run the mars and have problems with that-Dave
Old 01-16-2004, 02:09 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anyreason you dont consider the futaba 3PK ? I just got it and I really really love it. I had a 3PDF and this upgrade was deffinitely worth it.
Old 01-16-2004, 05:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Helios is the only way to go. I loved my Mars and the Helios is 100% easier to navigate and change things. And the receiver you get with it is probably the best one out, super tiny and high quality.
Old 01-18-2004, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

I have been considering buying the Helios for several weeks now. My LHS just got some in and after playing with one for a while I decided to stay with my M8. The Helios felt really cheap. Cheap plastic, cheap nobs and buttons and scroll wheel. Nothing on the radio felt solid...at least compared to my M8. The Airtronics unit just felt much more solid and better built, plus was much more comfortale for me to hold.
Just my 2 cents...
Old 01-18-2004, 06:00 PM

I never had the M8 but I have tried it before. Pretty cool radio. Little top heavy and the battery life is not to good.

The only thing that I don't like about the Helios is the trigger. It feels mushy. I think it just need a harder spring.
Old 01-18-2004, 06:01 PM

...oh, i bought the Helios