R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Amb (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/30877-amb.html)

Neil 01-07-2004 08:38 PM

Amb

What's with Amb and their prices on thier equipment? The personal transponders have almost doubled in price in the last 8 months. I would much rather put that money twards a better radio, charger etc. Does anyone else feel the same way on this one?

Randy Caster 01-07-2004 08:43 PM

If they can charge more, they will. It's not just AMB, it's life.

Bubblestc3 01-07-2004 08:43 PM

Yes, BUT the reason for this, is because how the "Euro" went up in value(or down...). Apprently the currence has been increasing in value because the prices for transponders have gone up.

big_bg 01-08-2004 07:31 AM

amb

Ambn has to charge that amount as less mass systems are being sold as many are buying personal transponders ansd that results in a bit of lost income. Overall i believe that the price is fair and is an invauable tool for speed.

Barry White 01-08-2004 08:10 AM

AMB said it from the beginning.
The personal transponders where at a discount price to promote them. If you don't have allready one it's your bad luck that you waited so long. ;)

Matt Howard 01-08-2004 09:13 AM

Originally posted by Barry White
AMB said it from the beginning.
The personal transponders where at a discount price to promote them. If you don't have allready one it's your bad luck that you waited so long. ;)

That sucks but it's true, I paid $50 for mine a couple years ago and now they're around $80

Randy Caster 01-08-2004 10:28 AM

If I remember right, SoCalrc.com should have them for about 70 bucks.

muggleh8tr 01-08-2004 02:48 PM

amb

$83 to be exact.... :cry: :cry: :weird: :flaming: :cry:

Neil 01-08-2004 03:40 PM

try these guys http://www.thercshack.com/index.asp?...S&Category=311

Mark Mixon 01-09-2004 07:05 AM

transponder $$$

If you just go to the AMB website, they're 73.00 with no shipping, if you can wait a few days. They've been in the high 60's on E-bay recently. I'd buy from the factory,then, if there are problems, you have recourse, besides passing it on on E-bay.

Arun 01-09-2004 08:43 AM

I wouldn't buy from the AMB website. From what I have heard, the AMB headquarters in the US has not had them for a while. The headquarters is only 20 minutes from our shop, yet we have not been able to get them for a couple of months.

I just ordered one from superior hobbies for 69.95.

theChaz 01-09-2004 08:47 AM

I wouldn't cry too had about the cost of a transponder for RC.

The transponder used in kart racing, as well as other types of motorsports will set you back about $200 (USD)

$80 is a deal by comparisson

Nova F1 Racer 01-09-2004 10:54 AM

Re: Amb

Originally posted by Neil
What's with Amb and their prices on thier equipment? The personal transponders have almost doubled in price in the last 8 months. I would much rather put that money twards a better radio, charger etc. Does anyone else feel the same way on this one?
AMB owns the market.... There is no other vendor that makes these.....

And where is the government!!! They went after Bill Gates didn't they!!!!!!!!!!!!

tomkelley 01-09-2004 11:53 AM

What about the Price of the equipment! Prices for decoders also shot up. Isn't there any other dealers out there for AMB hardware?

theChaz 01-09-2004 02:53 PM

Re: Re: Amb

Originally posted by Nova F1 Racer
AMB owns the market.... There is no other vendor that makes these.....

And where is the government!!! They went after Bill Gates didn't they!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, there is at least one other company that competes directly with AMB. Can't think of their name right now, but they are out there. I don't know if they make RC transponders, but I doubt it. Motorsports in general is a pretty narrow market. RC car racing is even smaller. This market couldn't support more than one or two manufacturers anyway.

AMB happens to have the most popular and widely accepted product line. It is the defacto standard.

Microsoft isn't anywhere near AMB in terms of business. Nobody is gonna bother with a company tht sells stuff for racing, even if they do have a corner on the market.