Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capacitors on ESC

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 12:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Capacitors on ESC

I have a GM V12 esc and was wondering how using a big capacitor on it for 19T or stock TC racing affects punch? Right now I have a large Novak capacitor on my V12 and I have been primarily been using the esc for mod racing. Do I even need to use a esc capacitor for 19T or stock racing? Will using a small capacitor help with my punch?
Old 01-07-2004, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

I dont know, but the answerv is probably on the forum already, there's several threads on the subject.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:00 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

slow, you don't need to use the cap for stock or 19t motor. yes for mod motor. but it won't hurt to use on stock or 19t
the cap don't really give punch,they kinda storage battery power
for the receiver or servo from going dead, when the big mod motor drain the battery power....I

Last edited by OVA; 01-07-2004 at 07:15 AM.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Cole - it seems that the "ESC Capacitor" thread was brought back to life. I have been reading this thread and its very good. Thanks

OVA - you're probably right. Sometime last winter I primarily raced mod TC and one time got into a wreck were the cap that came with esc was knocked off. The only cap that was at the hobby store was the big Novak one so I put that on. Then this winter I realized my car just has no snap at all in 19T and stock racing. I even bought all new batteries and the best Chameleons 2s that money could buy. I will try taking off the big cap or maybe looking for a smaller one. Thanks