Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BSR racing tires whats your thoughts!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default BSR racing tires whats your thoughts!

I work for BSR racing tires and we are curious to know what is the perfect size racers would want their 1/12 tires to be out of the package? Most companies start around 1.90 rear and 1.80 front. Would you like to see them smaller or bigger? What size would work for you? What size do you think would work for other racers at your local track? So please post your ideal size and if you race on carpet or tarmac. Thank you.

Monti
Old 06-12-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Monti
I work for BSR racing tires and we are curious to know what is the perfect size racers would want their 1/12 tires to be out of the package? Most companies start around 1.90 rear and 1.80 front. Would you like to see them smaller or bigger? What size would work for you? What size do you think would work for other racers at your local track? So please post your ideal size and if you race on carpet or tarmac. Thank you.

Monti
This was answered in your other post asking the exact same question: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-12-tires.html The perfect size for 1/12 tires is whatever gets you around the track the fastest.

-rocky b
Old 06-12-2009, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Monti, that is a subjective question. Some folks will use a different size for club than for competition and from carpet to asphalt. If you leave the tires at a reasonably large size, people can cut them to the diameter that they need.

Out of habbit or necesity, people will continue to cut tires out of the package, even if they are the ideal size. Personally, I want to be sure that the tire is true...
Old 06-12-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Monti
Sounds like a great idea, but like has been stated, some do prefer a different size than others do. For me, I like to start out with a tire with a circumference of about 6'. Yes, I measure my tires with a tape measure and use circumference instead of diameter. (saves on the math)
I like the idea that if I am at the track, I can purchase a set of tires and just bolt them on. That way I do not have to drag another piece of equipment with me to true them to size.

My 2 cents.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flatspunout
This was answered in your other post asking the exact same question: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-12-tires.html The perfect size for 1/12 tires is whatever gets you around the track the fastest.

-rocky b
+1
Old 06-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I don't think I've run over 1.75 even on the club level, certainly not any bigger than 1.80 out of the pkg would allow timmay to true his up

And fronts around 1.70
Old 06-13-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I am not saying we are going to hit the mark for every type of racing and we know that. We also know that people are going to run what ever size works best. What we want to do is make our tires closer to the ideal size. An example would have our tires start at 1.80 rear and 1.75 front. If the tires you were buying we at this size would you be happy or up set?

A real world example is that we used to sell our dirt oval tires at 2.60 but the racers wanted them bigger so we now sell them at 2.92. We just want to hear what the customer wants and go from there.

Monti
Old 06-13-2009, 08:12 AM
Regional Moderator

I am not saying we are going to hit the mark for every type of racing and we know that. We also know that people are going to run what ever size works best. What we want to do is make our tires closer to the ideal size. An example would have our tires start at 1.80 rear and 1.75 front. If the tires you were buying we at this size would you be happy or up set?

A real world example is that we used to sell our dirt oval tires at 2.60 but the racers wanted them bigger so we now sell them at 2.92. We just want to hear what the customer wants and go from there.

Monti
For carpet, the non-sponsored guys locally start around 1.75in rear and 1.65in fronts for 1/12 scale, and 57.5mm (2.26in) for TC. Some run smaller, but I don't see many (if any) starting larger than that. For big races, they buzz them down even further.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Hey Monti, Does BSR make a rubber tire, and if not, would they? Also, you'll have a pm your way.