Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 09:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by rinkrat99
Hey BubblesTC3

Thanks for the ratio, I think i will start with between a 24 and 26 and see what happens.

Can you reccomend an easy fix for the hinge pins on all four block carriers? The set screw came loose and the hinge pin moved out towards the front of the car.
For my honest opinion, purchase new ones(hubs for the rear, and "C" carriers for the front), then take a dremal and make a flat spot where the setscrew will press on to the hingpin. Although this might seem more expencive, in the long run you will be saving money in rims not becoming cut from the pin sticking out. Mostley when the rear pins move foward, or rearward, one hit with another car or a wall and you will have a broken rear arm
Old 10-17-2003, 09:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: mod

Originally posted by tc3rookie
i race stock class currently and am looking into getting a mod motor for fun between race weekends. the objestive is speed. does anyone have any ideas on the best one reedy Kr? what gearing works well.
For just goofing around with a mod infront of the house, right? I would recomend using an 8x2, with possibally a 16 or 17 pinion, to a 72 spur gear.

You could always gear up, BUT, if you do, the motor would get hotter, and hand wound mods do not like to be at full wind for too long(epoxey pops off, and winds blow, then the motor will seize).

Another thing, if your batteries are not up to the task, then you might want to stick with the stock motor. Gear up, and put a little comp fan on the motor, that way it will stay cool, yet be geared high enough to have speed, but make the batteries last for longer runs.
Old 10-18-2003, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Bubbles.there are no marking at all.I just am frustrated now because it seems that the car has alot of steering going in almost too much and I am afraid that I am using the 2 degree block instead of the 4. 2 degree with the f-0 block in the front is not good. Is there any other way to tell?I pulled out my Hudy station and cant see how to take a reading for castor with the c-hub style carriers.Anyone ,HELP!
Old 10-18-2003, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what exactly are you guys dremeling away inside the diff cases.
Old 10-18-2003, 05:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

racenut - if it doesn't say anything on the carriers it's probably a 0 deg block. you can look at the block on its side and it will probably be straight up and down with no tilt towards the back.
Old 10-18-2003, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Damn.I need a 4 degree block.
Old 10-18-2003, 09:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TC4, soon??

Anybody heard anything about a TC4 coming out soon?
Old 10-19-2003, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

elnitro i didn't hear anything, but they prolly won't make one anytime soon because of how well the TC3 is still doing. Prolly not until the TC3 starts having problems or other companies start making better cars then AE will prolly start designing and make a TC4, but i don't see that anytime soon really.
Old 10-19-2003, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

YAY, I got to run the Pt's I got from Reedy this past Sat. I had to mess with the gearing a bit, but ended up with: Smooth torque, good top end.
(LightSpeed Red brush springs, trinity red, and a 8.52 final ratio)
Old 10-19-2003, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

=mis fitz=, did you like the Pts from reedy???
Old 10-19-2003, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

hey man, just call me mike, cause mikes the name, lol, anyways, I thought that the low-end of the spectrum was very smooth. I got rid of those copper-springs and put some of the reds on it, made it more consistent troughtout the race. My Kr's still wind higher on the straight, but I dont think that i have the gearing down for the Pt's yet. I was also messing with the timing on them and got that pretty close. One thing I do know is that I went flying by a guy in one of our qualifiers running a Kr, but I had some, lets just say heat problems. I do think that they will be alright in TC3's but at least for our track(115x65), my Kr's will probably stay on top, but I wouldnt mind proving myself wrong.
Old 10-19-2003, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by racenut123
Bubbles.there are no marking at all.I just am frustrated now because it seems that the car has alot of steering going in almost too much and I am afraid that I am using the 2 degree block instead of the 4. 2 degree with the f-0 block in the front is not good. Is there any other way to tell?I pulled out my Hudy station and cant see how to take a reading for castor with the c-hub style carriers.Anyone ,HELP!
If something like what is happening to you happened to me, then I would just purchase new ones(earlier I think that you said that you were helping a friend out by fixing his car. If that is the case, tell the person that they need to buy new 2degree or 4degree "C" carriers), and that would eliminate you frustration. If you were using the Integy setup station, then I could help furthermore, but you are using the HUDY, which I know nothing about.
Old 10-19-2003, 07:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Mikey Hudson
what exactly are you guys dremeling away inside the diff cases.
Honestley, I dremel nothing inside the diff cases. I have heard many people speaking of sanding down where the berrings come in contact with the cases, to reduce friction. By doing this, the berrings have less pressure on them, creating a less stressed berring, which should free the drivetrain up.
Old 10-19-2003, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: TC4, soon??

Originally posted by elnitro
Anybody heard anything about a TC4 coming out soon?
All I have to say is,"If it aint broke, don't fix it!"
Many people are/were tired of the TC3, because of how old, and simple the design was. While the design is still simple, it is probabally the best design out there. Being very easy to work on, and with the ease of setup, there seems to be no need for a TC4...

YET
Old 10-19-2003, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

well, i dont want to get into this again, but seriously, what could they change...add an upper deck, pfftt...I think they will be sticking with the current car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.