Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 09:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by obi wun
i just got a v3 17.5..the instructions do no tell you how to advance the timing..could someone help me out...thanks
loosen the three motor plate screws on the shaft side of the motor, then just slide the sensor plug to where you want it, then retighten screws
Old 04-25-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Champion

We had a very sucessful first outing with the new Speedpassion Spec Stock ESC and motor combo. Our club has split the 17.5 class into expert and sportman so I figured i'd get a combo pack for my Mi4 that I sponsor a local girl with. This combo has great all around power, good bottom end, mid range and top end, I wasn't sure what to gear it at, so i started a little lower then whats normal for a 17.5, (well what used to be normal) the Mi4 has a internal of 1.8 so i geared it 106/49, after the first race it came off at 78 degrees and thats a 6 minute race. next heat geared it up, 106/51, still cool to the touch and still under a 100degrees, 3rd heat geared it up to 96/49 motor came off at 112 degrees, so up again in gearing for the main, 96/51 motor temp 128, set fast lap of the race and finished second after a rough start sent her to the back of the pack on the start.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (99%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
We had a very sucessful first outing with the new Speedpassion Spec Stock ESC and motor combo. Our club has split the 17.5 class into expert and sportman so I figured i'd get a combo pack for my Mi4 that I sponsor a local girl with. This combo has great all around power, good bottom end, mid range and top end, I wasn't sure what to gear it at, so i started a little lower then whats normal for a 17.5, (well what used to be normal) the Mi4 has a internal of 1.8 so i geared it 106/49, after the first race it came off at 78 degrees and thats a 6 minute race. next heat geared it up, 106/51, still cool to the touch and still under a 100degrees, 3rd heat geared it up to 96/49 motor came off at 112 degrees, so up again in gearing for the main, 96/51 motor temp 128, set fast lap of the race and finished second after a rough start sent her to the back of the pack on the start.
were there any Tekin RS Pro's running against you???
Old 04-25-2010, 11:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tha Beast
hey guys i am considering to get a SP esc but i need some help. i am going to run a 13.5 motor on a large asphalt track and i want something that will blow the Tekin RS Pro away im really interested in the GT2.1 but also in the LPF2.0 and the regular 2.0 witch do you guys recommend for stock racing??? anything will help....thanks again
if you are sure to run only stock motors 2,1 for me is the best.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kschu
i notice the 324 punch is very soft with sp 11.5t motor....even i set the DRRS to full..ratio is 7.4...

im testing on 60feet straightline..

what u guys suggest??
Post your settings on:
Just asking what to do with hardly any info wont give any of us enough to find a solution.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by emerge
Guys, need some help. Downloaded the 230 last weed (prefer the aggressiveness compared to the 231 and also thats the latest on my download list) and running a 21.5 with an Orange super 7 max rpm rotor - I race 540 pro.

Firstly I am confused by your request to not go lower than 6.0 FDR - right now I am on a 3.88 FDR and the motor is still asking for more as the temperature doesnt even hit 50 degrees Celcius after a 7 min run (track is mid size and mid to high traction on road). To be honest if I hadn't stripped one of my motor screws yesterday I would have gone lower probably back to my original 3.2 FDR (I run a 416WE) - P.S. temperature yesterday was a little on the low side but still reasonable at about 22C when the sun was out and about 19C when it wasn't (track temp was a constant 25-28C). So I guess my first question is could there be something wrong with my sensor/motor?

Secondly I am even more preplexed with the setups - With my previous 107 software and running at 3.4 FDR (85/51) and standard rotor (with DDRS @ 7 and AMTS @ 8-max) I was averaging about 1-1.5 seconds faster than the standard requested 17.5 setup with an FDR of 3.88 (85/45) - with exactly same setup and almost identical track conditions. And to be honest I never noticed the boost at all. It was only when I took the plunge in my second race (down to utter frustration) yesterday when I maxed out everything (and re-calibrated the controller to eliminiate this possible issue) that I noticed any speed difference - however this was at best what my previous 107 average was which was nothing compared to what the tekins out the front were rolling around in (almost a second better and i wasn't even on the botton end of the field neither - though at this rate I would most certainly be there next round and kissing the championship goodbye)

What was even more interesting was that one of the guys racing with me using a Hobbywing ESC (with also the 230 software) and same FDR and motor was able to get better performance with the same input levels.

I guess what I am trying to figure out here is, is there something wrong with either my ESC or motor - and what do I have to do to get some more straight line speed out of this thing as it is now at the point of the ridiculous trying to compete by giving up such a straight line advantage (almost 30%) - especially with both the 410 and 323 software neither available nor perfected nor a probable solution with what I am reading on these forums. Although by the sounds of things the 410 is a step in the right direction if it is comparable in the straight line.

One last thing I found odd was that after every 7 minute run the battery limit never went below 3.9 (I.P. 3800 35C)

Cheers
The reason they say not to go lower than 6 FDR is so that people don't fire the settings up to max, use their normal gearing and fry something. If you're motor can take more gear with your supercharger settings, and you think it will help then you can gear as low as you wish. I never ran 21.5 so I cannot help there.

In 17.5 though I find I can gear quite low, 6 ish then put punch level up and it gives good infield rip. Then use supercharger to get down the straight.

What is your delay and RPM delay set to? I know I get better results with it bumped up from the minimum a bit, counter-intuitive if you don'y feel it kick in, but if the motor isn't spooled up enough the supercharger will bog the motor down more than anything.

I would suggest running AMTS at full for 21.5 too, higher winds seem to like static timing, but as always be careful of temperature.

Regards

Neal
Old 04-26-2010, 05:37 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

am confused with the beta supercharger software.. there are 2 documents introducing the software.. one is a brief description of the settings 12 to 15, while the other is more detailed giving starting points for differnt motor winds..

My confusion is with setting #15

Document 1 states:

Supercharger Punch: This setting controls timing advance at RPMs below the Start RPM setting. Lower settings decrease motor temps, and higher settings increase punch and motor temps.

While document 2 states:

This setting artificially retards the AMTS setting at high load/low RPM states to help the motor stay cool, and gain back punch from being “over dvanced”. The higher the setting #, the less advance is being shown to the motor before the Supercharger engages, and therefore the cooler the motor will run, and likely to have more punch as well.

so which is which? Will a higher setting # increase or decrease motor temps, and what is the effect on punch in the in-field?

Also... do u guys think i will be able to run a v3 9.5T with this software?
Old 04-26-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sammies
Hi,

am confused with the beta supercharger software.. there are 2 documents introducing the software.. one is a brief description of the settings 12 to 15, while the other is more detailed giving starting points for differnt motor winds..

My confusion is with setting #15

Document 1 states:

Supercharger Punch: This setting controls timing advance at RPMs below the Start RPM setting. Lower settings decrease motor temps, and higher settings increase punch and motor temps.

While document 2 states:

This setting artificially retards the AMTS setting at high load/low RPM states to help the motor stay cool, and gain back punch from being “over dvanced”. The higher the setting #, the less advance is being shown to the motor before the Supercharger engages, and therefore the cooler the motor will run, and likely to have more punch as well.

so which is which? Will a higher setting # increase or decrease motor temps, and what is the effect on punch in the in-field?

Also... do u guys think i will be able to run a v3 9.5T with this software?
9.5 is pushing it as far as #15 the lower the value the more punch and more heat the higher the value lees heat and less punch
Old 04-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tha Beast
were there any Tekin RS Pro's running against you???
ok, well, it was the 'sportman' class. And yes there were tekin rs pros being used. However being that it is the 'sportman' class all that boost and turbo stuff must be turned off. That is what the expert class is for. It's based on equipment not skill level
Old 04-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Cirtix Stock Spec ESC & 17.5

Can someone tell me a good starting Gear ratio for this combo? I will will be running it in RCGT Stock Spec/X pattern tires in a Cyclone TC.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Champion

read the top of this page
Old 04-26-2010, 10:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mr crum
9.5 is pushing it as far as #15 the lower the value the more punch and more heat the higher the value lees heat and less punch
i've been running a v3 8.5 with boost geared in the 7's without issue
Old 04-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Cirtix ESC Stock Spec

I am trying to figure out how to set up the brake/drag brake settings on this esc. After looking thru the setup instructions, they show the options but do not explain how to set them. Do I have to purchase the PC interface to make these changes or can it be done manually?
Old 04-26-2010, 03:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Well I have a GT2.1 pro-stock and have managed to install and try 230/231, 324 & 410 I am finding that they are gradually getting better but none of them can get anywhere near the Tekins and now I have just tried a GM 120 (2010) and that thing just kicks butt like you would not believe!!

There is punch like you can only dream about ever having, (its like running a modified motor) compared to the Speed passion AND top end speed that is insane (leaves the Speed Passion in its dust wake!)

I have had the GT 1.0 and still have a GT 2.0 (for modified 4wd off road). But I am seriously considering selling my GT2.1 pro stock and getting a GM after trying one (just for touring cars).

Everyone goes on about how we need software to catch the Tekins ......... Forget that because the target has moved and now Speed Passion need to catch the new GM 120 speedos.

None of this beta software even comes close I am afraid to say and this drip, drip, drip of updates is really dragging on now.

Also SP need to sort out a more upto date PC interface that is more modern looking.

Sorry but I know some of you will hate what I say but this is my opinion and findings.

Speed passion need to get their act together and get this sorted FAST!!!! or loose customers to quicker rivals!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by baldman666
Well I have a GT2.1 pro-stock and have managed to install and try 230/231, 324 & 410 I am finding that they are gradually getting better but none of them can get anywhere near the Tekins and now I have just tried a GM 120 (2010) and that thing just kicks butt like you would not believe!!

There is punch like you can only dream about ever having, (its like running a modified motor) compared to the Speed passion AND top end speed that is insane (leaves the Speed Passion in its dust wake!)

I have had the GT 1.0 and still have a GT 2.0 (for modified 4wd off road). But I am seriously considering selling my GT2.1 pro stock and getting a GM after trying one (just for touring cars).

Everyone goes on about how we need software to catch the Tekins ......... Forget that because the target has moved and now Speed Passion need to catch the new GM 120 speedos.

None of this beta software even comes close I am afraid to say and this drip, drip, drip of updates is really dragging on now.

Also SP need to sort out a more upto date PC interface that is more modern looking.

Sorry but I know some of you will hate what I say but this is my opinion and findings.

Speed passion need to get their act together and get this sorted FAST!!!! or loose customers to quicker rivals!!!
Unfortunate you feel that way. Good luck with your new GM. All i can say about Speedpassion is that we are closer than you think. Now have fun with your GM and please post your praise to them at the GM thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.