Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

Originally Posted by guinnes.s
wile racing tonight my sp v1.1 started to respond very erratic when giving throttle,is not the first time that happens ,and when does happen i notice that the green and red leds on the esc are flashing very quick together . they will go back to normal only if switch off and back on.
help please,what would that mean???
ok ,do you know the reason of the leds flashing very quick? would it be a specific problem?
It went "sensorless".........check the sensor wire first, then check the sensor itself. If it is a SP motor, the sensors can be very delicate to the abuses of banging boards and plain old crashes.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Drillit
It went "sensorless".........check the sensor wire first, then check the sensor itself. If it is a SP motor, the sensors can be very delicate to the abuses of banging boards and plain old crashes.
thanx for the help,
btw on the new v3 13.5t motors the stock timing at the back comes with the sensor plug in between 0 and 10. what timing would this been? and i noticed that i get the led flashing problem when i run the motor with the sensor plug moved all to the left to 0.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

does Schumacher sell any GM Double Sided Tape?
Old 02-16-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Default SP V3 timing

Does anyone know what the actual timing is on the V3 motors? Is zero on the motor indeed zero degrees of timing?

Last edited by niznai; 02-18-2010 at 03:01 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Addict

I tried searching but couldn't find it again so I may be a little off, either Shawn or Adam posted a while back saying that the V3 had the same timing at zero as the V2 motors so that is 12 or 14 degrees.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Thank you Skitee. Even if I don't know exactly how much it is, it is helpful to know it is not exactly zero.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So after having cooked 2 motors in quick succession, can anyone please assist with a good ESC setup for 13.5 sp motor using SP GT2.0 pro esc.

Car is Schumacher Mi3.5

I do not have the LCD programmer just the standard one that came with the ESC.

I dont know why my motors are cooking so easily but I never had issues with my old novak GTB using the first motor. It cooked on 2nd run with SP ESC so purchased new ultrasport SP motor and that cooked too on the 2nd run. So either im doing something completely wrong or i just have really bad luck. ESC settings are currently standard as they came from the factory, car drivetrain is very free running.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated as i have my countries national champs this weekend and really dont want more motors turning to junk.

Thanks
Originally Posted by dfiantii
Post your esc settings. Basic does not tell us anything at the same time I suspect that it could be the gearing your using.
1. Running mode = Forward with brake
2. Drag Brake force = 20%
3. Low voltage cutoff = none (i changed this to 3v per cell)
4. DRRS Start mode = Level IX (9)
5. Brake force = 75%
6. Reverse force = 25%
7. Initial brake force = 20%
8. Neutral range = 6%
9. AMTS Timing = 15deg
10. Over-heat protection = Enable

Final drive ratio = 5.25 as suggested by the motor sheet.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:58 PM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

thanx for the help,
btw on the new v3 13.5t motors the stock timing at the back comes with the sensor plug in between 0 and 10. what timing would this been? and i noticed that i get the led flashing problem when i run the motor with the sensor plug moved all to the left to 0.
I have had the same issue with the v3 sensors.......I have 3 (2 17.5s and 1 13.5) v3s of which I have lost 2 to sensor mechanical failures....the male pins are easily pulled from their mount on the board. You need to be very careful how you move the connector when adjusting the timing. I resoldered 1 successfully, the other, not so good, it's hard to get a good solder on such a small area.
You may also find that the sensor interferes with the stator windings! I have disassembled several of these to find the windings won't allow normal range of timing adjustment. Carefully, Very Carefully push the windings outwardly to gain more clearance for the sensor.

On the motor timing degree thing: It Is What It Is. The best advice I have seen and believe in is this: leave it in the middle, gear for temp/lap-time, drop a tooth, then use motor timing to adjust temp. NOW for U I enstine types, this is for non-ramp-up-non-turbo type speedos like the Speedpassion 1.1 that we are talking about here. Settings on the 1.1...stock...super stock.... Max drrs and timing per Adam way back when this thread 'reappeared'. Drag brake also adds heat.
Hope some of this helps
Old 02-17-2010, 12:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys. The software of the new SP Gt 2,1 is the same that is already avalaible for the Gt 2,0 ( the "107" and the "110" ) ?
The "upgrade system" will be the same for the Gt 2,1 and the Gt 2,0 ?
Thank you
Old 02-17-2010, 01:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by my4ari
1. Running mode = Forward with brake
2. Drag Brake force = 20%
3. Low voltage cutoff = none (i changed this to 3v per cell)
4. DRRS Start mode = Level IX (9)
5. Brake force = 75%
6. Reverse force = 25%
7. Initial brake force = 20%
8. Neutral range = 6%
9. AMTS Timing = 15deg
10. Over-heat protection = Enable

Final drive ratio = 5.25 as suggested by the motor sheet.
Turn your DRRS down to 6 or 7. At 9 your pushing to aggressive and by turning it down you maybe able to get some speed when you increase timing. I am sure one of the many gurus will be on here shortly to correct me if my interpretation of your setting is off.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ilkispios
Hi guys. The software of the new SP Gt 2,1 is the same that is already avalaible for the Gt 2,0 ( the "107" and the "110" ) ?
The "upgrade system" will be the same for the Gt 2,1 and the Gt 2,0 ?
Thank you

Where did you hear this? It is my understanding there is a new update which should be on the website round the 19th

As yet there is no confirmation as to what this update will include..

Hope you know something new

Alex
Old 02-17-2010, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Hey all! Anyone know if the Hobbywing LCD Programming Bob, which looks identical to the Speedpassion Box, will work on the Speedpassion ESC's? Pretty sure I know the answer but wanted to verify.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:36 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Glowster21
Hey all! Anyone know if the Hobbywing LCD Programming Bob, which looks identical to the Speedpassion Box, will work on the Speedpassion ESC's? Pretty sure I know the answer but wanted to verify.
From what has been posted on here, it is a Try at Your Own Risk proposition that some have reported does work, others, it can brick your ESC depending on what you do.

I would say I would just wait for the SP branded unit. I beleive there are a few for sale on RCtech right now.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I just want to say that there is nothing wrong with the Speed Passion ESC. I put my Mi4 in the A main last weekend running against Tekins and LRP's. There was only .3 of a second between fast laps and a one lap difference from first to last after 6 min. of racing. I can't wait to try out the new 2.1 software.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by qcrc
I just want to say that there is nothing wrong with the Speed Passion ESC. I put my Mi4 in the A main last weekend running against Tekins and LRP's. There was only .3 of a second between fast laps and a one lap difference from first to last after 6 min. of racing. I can't wait to try out the new 2.1 software.
I was there to second his performance...good run anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.