Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
In general, you really don't want to be free revving a motor like that. Its a quick way to have destroyed motor.

As for your temp issue, do you notice any funny with the motor on starts, stops, etc other than the temp.
Thanks for letting me know. I did not know that running a motor with no load could damage the motor so hopefully mine is still OK.

The motor runs fine. I used it at a club race last week and didn't notice any problems. But one thing I did change was the timing. I use the 30-40 degree yellow timing board and normally I have it at 30 degrees. I moved It to 35 degrees and that's when I noticed it got hotter quicker. I moved it back to 30 and it seems to be OK now so maybe it doesn't like timings higher than 30.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

yup, that will definitely make a difference in temp.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Gemec
Yes that's right - absolutely nothing! Below are some photos of the wiring. (I know I haven't connected the motor wires into their final position) I have check the battery on my daughters car and it works. I have checked the polarity of the cables and to my novice eyes they seem right.

On the Reventon R ESC - where are the lights located? In the switch I assume.
All the wiring look alright. The lights are inside the ESC. Try to calibrate the throttle again. When you switch on the ESC do the light on the receiver turn on? Try to change the switch as sometimes the switch may fail.......
Old 10-04-2013, 03:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jdawg81
I was testing my car by driving it around on the floor inside my house. I was just slowly driving it up and down my hallway to see if everything was working fine. When I picked it up and touched the motor I noticed it was pretty warm for only 1 or 2 minutes of slow driving inside the house. I took the motor off the car and ran it for about 40 seconds for full throttle and I could slowly hear it get bit slower as the temperature went up to around 115-140°F depending on where on the motor I was measuring from. I'm thinking this is not normal because my 17.5 MMM only gets slightly warm when I do the same thing. I took the motor apart and I could not find anything wrong so what would cause the motor to get hot so quick?
Compare to other motors, the MMM do get a bit hotter. But at around 140F without a fan is not too bad. Are you running any turbo software? If with turbo the temperature is a bit low. My 17.5 in my f1 with turbo, after 8min run with fan the temperature is around 160-170F. With out side temp around 90F here. For the free rev issue as most magnet (the rotor) can not take really high rpm and may fall apart. So never free rev your motor. But donot worry, if the motor is still in one piece it should be fine.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:00 AM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gemec
Yes that's right - absolutely nothing! Below are some photos of the wiring. (I know I haven't connected the motor wires into their final position) I have check the battery on my daughters car and it works. I have checked the polarity of the cables and to my novice eyes they seem right.
Do you have access to a multimeter/voltmeter? I'd check that the ESC is actually getting good supply from the battery. It doesn't happen often, but can happen, that the Deans plug is faulty and not contacting properly (especially if they're not genuine ones).

Just worth double checking
Old 10-04-2013, 07:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Getting Closer

Thanks for all the suggestions. I checked the battery to deans plug and it was no good (probably over cooked the plug when I soldered it
Connect another cable up and I now have power to the ESC! I have tried calibrating it for ages with some success. The orange and red lights are on the ESC and the red light is on the RX. The steering is now working but still no life in the motor. Plugged in the smart LED program card and it confirmed the ESC was set on forward with brake (no reverse). All good however there is still no life in the motor. No movement at all!
I tried reversing the signal to the RX but no change. Any more thoughts?
Old 10-04-2013, 07:43 AM
Tech Legend

when you reversed the signal, you reran the calibration mode right?
Old 10-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hello.
Try to upgrade my SP Revention Pro to muchmoore firmware and done something wrong - now in SP program my ESC appears as Muchmore-R, Muchmore Program see it as Fleta-4.
But no one of programms agree to update firmware now. They said "No related files'.
In safe mode SP prog said - Only revention can upgrade. So now i'm stuck with unknown firmware and can't do anything. Could someone know what can i do by myself?
Old 10-05-2013, 06:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by maeg
Hello.
Try to upgrade my SP Revention Pro to muchmoore firmware and done something wrong - now in SP program my ESC appears as Muchmore-R, Muchmore Program see it as Fleta-4.
But no one of programms agree to update firmware now. They said "No related files'.
In safe mode SP prog said - Only revention can upgrade. So now i'm stuck with unknown firmware and can't do anything. Could someone know what can i do by myself?
.............hi this link should help you http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/spee...eSoftware/eng/.....

The muchmoore firmware is much better and smoother than the speed passion firmware
Old 10-05-2013, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've got a Reventon S and I need to keep setting up the speed controller. I lose the reverse and have to set up the controller again on my transmitter. Does any one else have this problem ? How can I correct this ?
Old 10-07-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by shamar
.............hi this link should help you http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/spee...eSoftware/eng/.....

The muchmoore firmware is much better and smoother than the speed passion firmware
Looks like SP have some new software on the site.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:34 AM
Tech Legend

anyone use the 25.5T speed passion motor? If so, any tips for ROAR legal VTA like timing board selection extra?

Figure a 50 x 50 track, if that.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cain
anyone use the 25.5T speed passion motor? If so, any tips for ROAR legal VTA like timing board selection extra?

Figure a 50 x 50 track, if that.
Ran mine last weekend with the stock timing board set to max timing with 3.72fdr on a 80x40 carpet track(iic layout), coming off at around 120F. Set the fastest lap time in vta.

I would assume the optional timing boards were designed for the older version without adjustable timing
Old 10-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is there anywhere a speed passion rotor chart to get some more info of the differences about all the rotor types that can be used with a 17.5T and a 21.5T motor?
And is there a difference in the standard (black with a purple ring) rotors between a V3.0 and a V3.0 MMM?
Allthough the 21.5T motor runs great in my F1 car i'm still searching for some more punch to improve my fastest laptime.

Last edited by addicted2blue; 10-07-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Rojna
Ran mine last weekend with the stock timing board set to max timing with 3.72fdr on a 80x40 carpet track(iic layout), coming off at around 120F. Set the fastest lap time in vta.

I would assume the optional timing boards were designed for the older version without adjustable timing
Unless something is different, the timing boards go in 10 degree increments, so if you wanted to run say 40 degrees of timing on the can, you need the appropriate board (yellow?). That is probably the only thing that kind of is a knock on the speed passion motors for spec racing as those boards aren't cheap.

If they could make a board that could do the full on range, that would be awesome but I could see it being hard to get it just right. Maybe in a future motor release it could be possible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.