R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2009, 09:22 PM   #991
Tech Fanatic
 
irgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 893
Default Speed Passion Timing shift

Quote:
dfiantii
Maybe you should just get whatever it is that has time shift and leave SP out of your rig.
why leave SP,...

maybe better get teamwave Rb-50 to skip SPGT2lpf

but not with SPGT2pro, it's Higher than teamwave RB-50.

and never get that teamwave RB-30 and tekin RS, replace them with tekin RSpro , it's better.

while Still SpeedPassion had some Timing shift technology issue.
SpeedPassion is just one step behind all that.

This is all about timing shift right now, which is can be done with their firmware, without hardware changes inside Speed Passion GT2.

Other than that is turbo tech, which is another issue on Speed Passion.
that might be adopted from teamwave, but might required hardware changes.

So, SpeedPassion must release timing shift, because it's legal.
__________________
Quark Force

Last edited by irgo; 10-23-2009 at 09:38 PM.
irgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:15 AM   #992
Tech Adept
 
Matt 10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Any oval track w/ (.)(.)
Posts: 131
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Irgo work on your set-up and beat your competitors through the infield then worry about time shift flux compacitors at 1.21 giga watts to get you down the straight. Your beating a dead horse.
__________________
CEFX, BSR Racing Tires, Team OHP
Matt 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:59 AM   #993
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 244
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

I have to agree with Matt.....At one point P.E.T.A is gonna get mad about the abuse that horse is getting!!!!!

I do perfectly well at my local track with my GT2.0 against the Tekin timing shift program a freind is running.......That 10th of a second, I make up with my setup!
SwampDog32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:46 AM   #994
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irgo View Post
why leave SP,...
because they don't have something what you called "timing shift"

Quote:
Originally Posted by irgo View Post
So, SpeedPassion must release timing shift, because it's legal.
not because it is legal, but because you keep insisting them.

Last edited by krat; 10-24-2009 at 09:12 AM.
krat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:53 AM   #995
Tech Fanatic
 
irgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 893
Default Speed Passion Timing shift

Well might be the name is not Timing shift

but still you do like it don't you ?

as Team Wave or Tekin users Does..
__________________
Quark Force

Last edited by irgo; 10-25-2009 at 02:14 PM.
irgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:20 PM   #996
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,730
Questions??

Could somebody tell me what is the difference of ESC timing and motor timing with sensored motor, please?
Since you have timing in motor then the ESC timing could working in the same?

Best regards
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:39 PM   #997
Tech Fanatic
 
irgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Could somebody tell me what is the difference of ESC timing and motor timing with sensored motor, please?
Since you have timing in motor then the ESC timing could working in the same?

Best regards
esc timing and motor timing is the same, it's a fixed timing.
they work's the same based on sensored position.
when the fixed motor timing is adjusted/set phisically,
the esc will add more timing depend on motor timing you set it, and how many esc timing you set.
so it's like motor timing + esc timing = total timing.

therefore some factory would recomend linear motor right now,
do to some knowledge about this. to avoid over timing.

some factory will add limited motor timing adjustment, to avoid the over timing.
hope this will help.
__________________
Quark Force

Last edited by irgo; 10-25-2009 at 02:12 PM.
irgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:47 PM   #998
Tech Master
 
Magnet Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,926
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default replacement / spare female bullet connectors for V3 motors

I'm looking for a source for the female bullet connectors that are specific to the new Speed Passion V3 motors. If I ever lose one I'd hate to have to buy a whole motor just to get replacement connectors !
Magnet Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:39 PM   #999
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 230
Default

Irgo, you seem to be always moaning about speed passion in some way or another, first it was that you wanted brushed functionality on on the gt2, now you want timing shift. Team Wave's timing shift is just shifting timing from one value to another, the gt2 already has the ability to set different timing in the esc.
MoonTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:40 AM   #1000
Tech Fanatic
 
irgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 893
Default Speed Passion Timing shift

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonTrap View Post
Irgo, you seem to be always moaning about speed passion in some way or another, first it was that you wanted brushed functionality on on the gt2, now you want timing shift. Team Wave's timing shift is just shifting timing from one value to another, the gt2 already has the ability to set different timing in the esc.
you dont seem get it ?

Team wave does both of that, Timing set and timing shift. And other is Turbo.
SpeedPassion GT2 only had Timing set. and where is the gt2 timing shift..?.

and
note:
brushed enabled and timing shift can be done with firmware.
doesn't required hardware changes for SPGT2.
So, it's only required their firmware/software development.
and i believe SpeedPassion can do that.
the prove is what happened on GT1 (brushed mode),
the differences "brushed modes" is only the firmware/software inside ESC.


Which one you didn't get the point ?
__________________
Quark Force

Last edited by irgo; 10-26-2009 at 03:51 AM.
irgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:52 AM   #1001
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irgo View Post
you dont seem get it ?

Team wave does both of that, Timing set and timing shift. And other is Turbo.
SpeedPassion GT2 only had Timing set. and where is the gt2 timing shift..?.


Which one you didn't get the point ?
Which point didn't you get?, Team wave only has a timing shift setting, which is actually to set the timing. If you referring to dynamic timing, where the timing changes as rpm changes, Shawn mentioned earlier in this thread that the GT2 does something similar, but couldn't go into too much detail for obvious reasons. Most of your comments in this thread has been a bash at speed passion, you went on and on earlier demanding that speed passion implements brushed mode, now your hitting the dead horse again demanding speed passion implements "Turbo", i am sure they are working on software that will give the same aspects of "Turbo", as someone mentioned earlier, if you dont like speed passion, then choose another esc that meets your "needs"

Edit: you do realise there is hardware differences between the gt2 and gt1?, just because the gt1 had brushed, doesnt necessarily mean the gt2 can operate brushed, even with different firmware..

Last edited by MoonTrap; 10-26-2009 at 04:11 AM.
MoonTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:27 AM   #1002
Tech Fanatic
 
irgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 893
Default Speed Passion Timing shift

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonTrap View Post
Which point didn't you get?, Team wave only has a timing shift setting, which is actually to set the timing. If you referring to dynamic timing, where the timing changes as rpm changes, Shawn mentioned earlier in this thread that the GT2 does something similar, but couldn't go into too much detail for obvious reasons. Most of your comments in this thread has been a bash at speed passion, you went on and on earlier demanding that speed passion implements brushed mode, now your hitting the dead horse again demanding speed passion implements "Turbo", i am sure they are working on software that will give the same aspects of "Turbo", as someone mentioned earlier, if you dont like speed passion, then choose another esc that meets your "needs"

Edit: you do realise there is hardware differences between the gt2 and gt1?, just because the gt1 had brushed, doesnt necessarily mean the gt2 can operate brushed, even with different firmware..
one thing you should read my post above,
the firmware does it all the brushed mode on GT1, the difference in gt2 is only some capability to handle the power, and i have mention about that, that's why shawn say they will fix the information about GT2lpf blue star.
and i don't asked for Turbo yet..


and i do might agree with that dynamic timing.
sadly it's AMTS Advanced Multi Timing System, why not Dynamic Multi Timing System.

So if Dynamic Multi timing is a Timing shift, we would not have to leave SpeedPassion right ?

This AMTS /Dynamic Timing is Timing shift on SpeedPassion GT2.
Shawn is this True ?
__________________
Quark Force
irgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:03 AM   #1003
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Amazing all the moaning about the GT2.0! If you don't like it, get something else!

I have experienced many of the modern ESC's and there isn't a huge difference on the track. That said some do have more potential is some areas. In general I have found the SP to be the most bulletproof speedo out there. It dosen't go up in smoke 1/2 as easy or destroy motors. That said I think it does lack a bit in the rpm department but most people out there are trading so much torque for top end that you won't have trouble keeping with them anyway.
__________________
Blade: Andro Treiber H 79g AN
FH: Donic Bluefire M3 Max Blk
BH: Donic Bluefire M2 Max Red
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:19 AM   #1004
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,150
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnet Top View Post
I'm looking for a source for the female bullet connectors that are specific to the new Speed Passion V3 motors. If I ever lose one I'd hate to have to buy a whole motor just to get replacement connectors !
We will be bring replacement connectors in just as soon as they get here, i expect them with the stock motors in a few weeks
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:33 AM   #1005
Tech Fanatic
 
irgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 893
Default Speed Passion Timing shift

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonTrap View Post
Which point didn't you get?, Team wave only has a timing shift setting, which is actually to set the timing. If you referring to dynamic timing, where the timing changes as rpm changes, Shawn mentioned earlier in this thread that the GT2 does something similar, but couldn't go into too much detail for obvious reasons.....
above you are also mention about dynamic timing (timing shift)
where timing changes as rpm changes is not completely true.

SpeedPassionGT Does this :

what changes when rpm changes is ("Hybrid Drive")
("Hybrid Drive") switching between sensor and sensorless depend rpm.
"Therefore - any timing advance position on the motor (sensored based)
aren't used anymore".~Schumacher USA

Dynamic thing, is Timing Advance that will
take changes best/ideal advance timing level when/anytime
you're throttle position changes on transmitter.
__________________
Quark Force
irgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speed Passion GT Competition Brushless ESC v2.0 Low Profile, LPF pink_sleeve Electric On-Road 13 07-08-2009 10:17 AM


Tags
gt2, lack of help, overpriced, poor customer service, reventon, reventon pro, speed passion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:05 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0