Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bjspinner
Does anyone have any tips for the version 3 17.5 that they wish to share since the iic ?

Do you gear the same as the version 2.

Timming settings, is 0deg the same as the version 2 (non adjustable) timming or is the 0-10deg under or over and above the timming range of the version 2 motor.

Thanks in advance.
Timing at 0 for V3 is same as V2 so + and - 10deg is add/remove from stock. (12deg I think?)
Old 10-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyanyde
There's no way 1s lipo can be used without a booster or receiver pack. The voltage is too low for the electronics to work.

How about a 5.5 mod 8 minutes runtime single cell lipo with the GT1.1 version speedy, maybe I just imagined that.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Just an update on all the 1s lipo/GT1.1 thing...it will work, but not well. On a fresh charge with the lipo cutoff disabled, I got maybe 3-4 minutes in my 13.5/12th scale before it shut down...still had steering but no throttle and a double blinking green LED (which is the same as a motor overheat), motor temped at 105. A 150 mA four-cell receiver pack lasted the full 8 minutes and the car was noticeably faster. My booster (N Smartboost) should be here early next week so I will give it a shot and see how it stacks up to a receiver pack.

I'm still wondering if I have the latest software update tho...I'm curious as to when the last version was released. I just have to say, I love this speedo no matter what...I have run the thing hard and put it away wet endlessly over the spring and summer with nary a hiccup and it is still as competitive as any other speedo at my local carpet track. The motor is the same story, (V1 I believe, still has 13.5/27T on the can) run overgeared, undergeared, 15 minute runs over and over, and is still as strong as the day I took it out of the box. Anytime I've needed SpeedPassion support it has been there, and they've even stepped up and sponsored my local track's summer points series. If this sounds like a shameless plug, it is because at the end of the day you can't argue with results and that is what I get with their products. Thanks guys.

-rocky b
Old 10-02-2009, 03:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flatspunout
Just an update on all the 1s lipo/GT1.1 thing...it will work, but not well. On a fresh charge with the lipo cutoff disabled, I got maybe 3-4 minutes in my 13.5/12th scale before it shut down...still had steering but no throttle and a double blinking green LED (which is the same as a motor overheat), motor temped at 105. A 150 mA four-cell receiver pack lasted the full 8 minutes and the car was noticeably faster. My booster (N Smartboost) should be here early next week so I will give it a shot and see how it stacks up to a receiver pack.

I'm still wondering if I have the latest software update tho...I'm curious as to when the last version was released. I just have to say, I love this speedo no matter what...I have run the thing hard and put it away wet endlessly over the spring and summer with nary a hiccup and it is still as competitive as any other speedo at my local carpet track. The motor is the same story, (V1 I believe, still has 13.5/27T on the can) run overgeared, undergeared, 15 minute runs over and over, and is still as strong as the day I took it out of the box. Anytime I've needed SpeedPassion support it has been there, and they've even stepped up and sponsored my local track's summer points series. If this sounds like a shameless plug, it is because at the end of the day you can't argue with results and that is what I get with their products. Thanks guys.

-rocky b
If yu have a 1.1 bought after October 208 you have the latest software, there is no new s/w for 1S LiPo on a GT 1.1, yes you absolutely have to run either a booster or receiver pack with the GT 1.1 and 2.0, if you do not any damage to motors or ESC's is not covered in the warranty.

You can stop testing to see what works, either run a receiver pack or booster, they both work, not using one will not
Old 10-02-2009, 03:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by bjspinner
How about a 5.5 mod 8 minutes runtime single cell lipo with the GT1.1 version speedy, maybe I just imagined that.
you did
Old 10-02-2009, 03:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by AE 14year-old
I have sent Shumacher 2 emails regarding speed passion speed controls but still nothing back can someone tell me if there is another place I should email instead??
Call me next week Tuesday when I get back, I would have responded to any of your emails if I received them, but I have no emails from;

[email protected]

Email me directly at [email protected] but please wait until next Tuesday because I know my email box if full from being at Nats this week
Old 10-02-2009, 03:48 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by irgo
where is adam ?
In Maryland at the Nationals, I'll try to pop in when I can but I'm pretty busy this week
Old 10-02-2009, 04:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Sorry Rocky.....I could have told you that. Sorry bro....If I could have gotten over the flu you could have tried mine out in the series race. Sorry again. I'll be back up there soon for you to see my setup and try it out. Later guys!
Old 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Speed Passion must do something

Hi, Adam

should be very different GT2.0Pro is 0.0003ohm resistance 200 to 800A
and GT2.0LPF is 0.0006ohm resistance 80 to 440A

that's half of it, but with 40s better get LCD,

running 17.5/13.5/10.5 is not the only Speedpassion GT2.0 LPF capable of
GT2.0 LPF can run 3.5T on 4cells and 4.0T on 5 cells

and you know that SPGT 2.0LPF black carbon is 440A
then the SPGT 2.0LPF Blue Star Edition is mention 800A
http://www.speedpassion.net/GT2.0LPF BlueStar.jpg

So Speed passion must make explanation on this.

Originally Posted by abailey21
abailey21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuanseng1981 View Post
What is AMTS?
Timing advance
IS AMTS work's automatically move to maximum on full throotle ?
it's like teamwave RB does ?
Old 10-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I'm new to onroad and just recently got a speed passion gt lpf v1.1. Is there any noteable differences between it and the gt lpf 2.0? Aslo running this in a stock sedan 17.5 class what would be a good setup on it? Thanks!
Old 10-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default adjust timing

hi to all rc fan.......did anybody here can explain how to adjust motor timing for speed passion ver 3.0 11.5t ...what degre should i use for save my motor and for best performance
Old 10-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Nazboy----We need a little more info on what setup you are running you motor on......Touring Car, 12th scale? Let us know and we can help from there!

Chad
Old 10-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Default Clear GT 2.0 LPF Bottom Case

Someone had earlier posted that they had gotten SpeedPassion to send them a clear replacement for the bottom of their GT 2.0 LPF (so they could see the LED's...

GOOD NEWS! I just bought a new GT 2.0 LPF, and it came out of the box with the 'Carbon Black' top case half, but the bottom was the CLEAR case half! The LED's are easy to see... COOL!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SwampDog32
Sorry Rocky.....I could have told you that. Sorry bro....If I could have gotten over the flu you could have tried mine out in the series race. Sorry again. I'll be back up there soon for you to see my setup and try it out. Later guys!
We missed you guys but I know we will see you again soon! Lee put me on part-time at Nitro Toys to give Terry some time off, and asked me if I wanted to run 1/12 scale (duh) then handed me his XII Just for the sake of knowledge, I ran my GT1.1 LPF with a 150mah 4.8v receiver pack over the weekend, and with the smartboost today and really couldn't tell the difference. Fastest laps were within a tenth. My question is, will the Lipo cutoff work even with the ESC switch OFF (booster ON), or should the ESC switch be on as well? The booster instructions mentioned that with some ESC's the switch would have to be turned on for a few seconds then back off again in order for the cutoff to work. I didn't want to smoke anything today so I just left the ESC off and limited my runtimes.

-rocky b
Old 10-06-2009, 12:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SwampDog32
Nazboy----We need a little more info on what setup you are running you motor on......Touring Car, 12th scale? Let us know and we can help from there!

Chad
op soryy i run with LRP SXX Tc SPec ..........it touring car 1/10....what profile should i use on Sxx then what deggre i must adjust it.........track not a longger i guest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.