Search
Like Tree80Likes

Tamiya F201

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TENCHO
someone please e-mail me if you have an extra set of diff housings and front spoiler for F201
I have an extra front wing... used but in good condition. I have just converted the chassis to CF and brought a F-104 wing set from 3 racing for mines. The front will fit with a little modification, but the rear wing may take some work.

I would like to pull the front gearbox out and go 2WD, but I would like to get with that guy who made those aluminum parts....
Old 12-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GundamWZero
I have an extra front wing... used but in good condition. I have just converted the chassis to CF and brought a F-104 wing set from 3 racing for mines. The front will fit with a little modification, but the rear wing may take some work.

I would like to pull the front gearbox out and go 2WD, but I would like to get with that guy who made those aluminum parts....
How much u want for the front wing?
Old 05-22-2014, 02:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Questions?? F201

Hi,

Sorry to bring up this old thread...

But I was toying with the idea of making a scale f201 even in the drive.

We all know tamiya did the f2001 in 4WD...

What if I installed a centre one way which will only drive the Rear wheels...

And when apply Brakes it's 4 wheel brake would it be more scale and legal for races?

Just throwing an idea!

Cheers!
Old 06-06-2014, 09:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow it's nice to see a f201 fan out there! I still run a couple of my f201's on the weekends, one is 2wd, the other 4wd with one way diff and one way center.. Come to think of it, I guess it's doing the opposite of what you're wanting to do.. It handles much like a 2wd, but people at the track still think it's cheating
I think the big thing for the car is to not use the grooved tires, and you get far more grip from it..I think it is much like the fgx.. It is worth a shot and fun to experiment with!
Old 09-22-2014, 09:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Default F201

Hi i have an f201 just in the process of fully hopping it up! Certain parts i just cannot find anywhere such as, alloy a- arms and alloy front knuckles. I managed to get hold of some rear knuckles they look great. If any guys that that are still in to f201's know where i can get these parts from please pm me.

Thanks
Old 03-04-2015, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hello guys,

not long ago I could get my hands on a generously tuned F201:

I was able to find new bodies, wings and other spare parts. Through another forum I learned that some parts of the TB01 (spur gear) fit this car. Now I wonder if the gear diff from Spec R for the TB-03 would fit as replacement for the ball diffs: http://www.t2shop.de/Spec-R-SPR009-T...-TB-03-/-Evo-5

Old 03-04-2015, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

if anyone is selling a hopped up 201? let me know
Old 03-04-2015, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Tamiya should keep hands on this chassis. I'm totally sold of they do.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wtcc
Hello guys,

not long ago I could get my hands on a generously tuned F201:

I was able to find new bodies, wings and other spare parts. Through another forum I learned that some parts of the TB01 (spur gear) fit this car. Now I wonder if the gear diff from Spec R for the TB-03 would fit as replacement for the ball diffs: http://www.t2shop.de/Spec-R-SPR009-T...-TB-03-/-Evo-5

Any idea where the tobacco sticker came from? Been trying to get a correct scale set as well as the Schumi stickers for the helmet.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

The decals are from two sheets.

One is from this shop:
http://www.slot32.de/wbc.php?sid=385...d=6360&recno=1
These are just water transfer decals, but I was surprised how good they stick and look. From this sheet I took the big white logo for the nose, two small white ones for the cockpit sides, two black ones for the engine cover and the two black ones for the rear wing. Unfortunately the black ones are some millimeters too small…

The small ones on Michaels helmet are from the F1 RC lab store:
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com/mcl...-6-full-sheet/
They are leftovers from my 1992 McLaren Honda (Senna). Again not perfect, because the helmet sticker should be white…

The rest of Michaels helmet decals are from the original F201 Ferrari sticker sheet (Tamiya 9495384):
http://www.modellbau-seidel.de/index...a&best=9495384
Old 03-05-2015, 08:25 AM
Tech Adept

Scored a very nice and very new F201 from a good member here.

Anyone have an extra carbon fiber 3Racing or MP Motorsports chassis laying
around? And just about all the other cool upgrades that are no longer sold..
Old 03-14-2015, 05:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wtcc
The decals are from two sheets.

One is from this shop:
http://www.slot32.de/wbc.php?sid=385...d=6360&recno=1
These are just water transfer decals, but I was surprised how good they stick and look. From this sheet I took the big white logo for the nose, two small white ones for the cockpit sides, two black ones for the engine cover and the two black ones for the rear wing. Unfortunately the black ones are some millimeters too small…

The small ones on Michaels helmet are from the F1 RC lab store:
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com/mcl...-6-full-sheet/
They are leftovers from my 1992 McLaren Honda (Senna). Again not perfect, because the helmet sticker should be white…

The rest of Michaels helmet decals are from the original F201 Ferrari sticker sheet (Tamiya 9495384):
http://www.modellbau-seidel.de/index...a&best=9495384

The first link to the waterslide decals does not show me which ones on the site. Company that made them and scale?

Thanks
Old 03-15-2015, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by salvine
The first link to the waterslide decals does not show me which ones on the site. Company that made them and scale?

Thanks
Look for "Marlboro 1/12" on the site. It is the 15x11cm version.
Old 03-15-2015, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

Here's a good sheet as well. I'll give feedback on it when it arrives.

http://www.rc-expert.com/110-f1-ferr...54-p-5521.html
Old 03-26-2015, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Now that april is near the temperatures hopefully will be acceptable to play outside in Germany soon.

After I made sure my F201 will make a beautiful shelfqueen, I painted another body and bought a second set of wings (unfortunately only the Williams front wing was available which on second sight seems to be the better racewing) and a set of wide foam tires (these are wider than for the gas powered touring cars and therefore fit better to the size of the chassis).
As the car is nearly 12 years old I was worried if the actual electronics would fit. The very small Nosram Pearl v2 esc and Sanwa receiver fit very good in the little space between spur and rear axle. Also the LRP X20 found its place without problem. Next I thought about the overall balance and was surprised. With all settings equal the car was nearly perfectly balanced Just a little tweak was necessary to make it perfect:

To protect the chassis from scratches I made a stencil and cut two layers of white vinyl (didn't have black). You see the white "outline" on the next picture?

Then the battery compartment was my next concern. In the early 2000s stickpacks where the state of the art for non-competition Tamiya cars. Now our LiPos are lighter, but have a rectangular shape. This often prevents it to fit in these kind of cars. Unfortunately this is the problem here. I mean this F201 has a cf-chassis and therefore I am lucky, but the body mounts are on the battery mounts...

So I removed the battery mounts and tried to put a shorty into the slot. It slid nicely between lower and upper chassis plate and then got stuck at the drive shaft and spur gear bulkhead
Now what Two options came into my mind:
1. Run a 1s LiPo for 1/12 cars (like a very low shorty) and
2. buy one of these LiPos in stickpack shape.
The first option would be no fun. A 1s 1/10 scale 4wd car. Even with a 3.5t this would be lame outdoors. The second option would be the solution, but then a third path opened up. LRP announced on the toy fair LCG (low center of gravity) LiPos. These are lower than the stuff we drive right now. So this was very interesting for me. I checked the size and they have the dimensions of 1s LiPos for 1/12 pancars (93x47x18.5mm). This played into my cards. I was in need for new batteries for my F1R2 anyway Unfortunately the LRP batteries are not out yet. Then I stumbled over alternatives from IP and MuchMore. I bought the MuchMore and they are so tiny!

On the pictures they look huge

They fit with a lot of air to all sides. Too much air and they still collide with the original body mounts...

It is up to my skills again to update the car! I did some measurments and drawed LiPo braces that will also integrate the body mounts. With removing one screw I can remove or insert the small battery. Very strange is the position of the holes in the chassis plate. No symmetry at all... The pictures show how it should look in the end.

Unfortunately my cf leftovers were to small. I had to order a new plate and will show the outcome later

Last edited by wtcc; 03-26-2015 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Grammar...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.