Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 10:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34
hello.

Ei, what do you mean by "it doesn't have the punch at pull away like the higher end ESCs but once at speed it's fine." Right they say it can destroy the stock esc if you use the tz or rz motor?
By that statement I meant that the stock ESC can't deliver the amps required at pullaway and coming out of corners.
The ESC that comes with the TT01 is rated for up to 23T motors. Obviously depending on the 23T motor timing it might pull too much amps and the ESC will eventually die, but it most definately works fine with the Tamiya TZ motor (which is what I used)
Old 07-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok bit more back on track. Having got the MSX going how i like it (finally) i was wondering what a wider front track width would do to the handling of the car, i was thinking more mid to exit steering? Also what would having the front wishbones pointing straight (say with a A-A block) feel to a car with wishbones pointing \ / (with B block on front then A on the rear)?

Cheers, Charles
Old 07-18-2006, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

Charles,

Making the front wider will give you less steering and more stabillity!!

If you need more mid/exit steering you should really try some antidive up front. Today I tested with 0, 0.5mm and 0.3mm under the A-Bridge. I really liked the 0.3mm the best and that also gave me the fastest laptimes!!
With 0.5mm it was a litle too much on power steering, but 0.3mm was perfect!!

Running the A-A blocks would most likely give you a litle more steering all around.... very easy to test, two screws, voila
Old 07-18-2006, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Eirik
Charles,

Wrong running a wider front track than rear will give you more turn in and stability race car theory 101. Look at 12th car the inner width of the front track is wider than the rear that why they turn on a dime.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eirik
Charles,

If you need more mid/exit steering you should really try some antidive up front. Today I tested with 0, 0.5mm and 0.3mm under the A-Bridge. I really liked the 0.3mm the best and that also gave me the fastest laptimes!!
With 0.5mm it was a litle too much on power steering, but 0.3mm was perfect!!

Running the A-A blocks would most likely give you a litle more steering all around.... very easy to test, two screws, voila
Which toe block is the one to put the spacers under for anti-dive, the one infront of the diff or behind the diff on the front?
Old 07-18-2006, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Having the front suspension block higher than the rear gives kick-up. Having the rear higher than the front gives anti-dive
Old 07-18-2006, 06:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

A wider front track reduces steering.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

oh, I see... So allan colico teaches you how to drive an rc car for 1k? that's cool... Ei, bro, can you teach me how to get to pasig race track? the one rc drivers are talking about when sometimes the race is not at the ps1. Dunno how to get there eh... raymond, and his friends are telling me to visit there sometimes but I really don't know how to get there... I bought my tt01 kasi late na eh.. The tt01r came just last week ata. sa lils, 2 lang ang nakikita ko pa lang... I wanted to buy that though but never mind... hehe...
dude, sorry for getting back to you only now. there are two race tracks here in pasig. one in capitolyo and one in the c-5 area. I have visited the racetrack in the c-5 area, cool siya. there are addresses and directions to go here. go to message forums. go down the bottom of the page and look for manila racers. Once there, they have posted all the addresses of race tracks in Manila and other parts of the Philippines. Okay yun along sa C5. If the directions for the rtacetrack is a bit vague for you sa directory, pm mo ako pare and give me a number where I could call you and I'll tell it to you. mahirap i-type eh.. pasensya na bro, nagyon lang ako nakapagreply.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

it's okay... c5, diba iba sa the fort, ung speedzone? or yun un? Text me na lang sa phone ko - 09164361149... I need a charger with discharger and batts... Where do you think I get get those for less costs? do you know anyone?
Old 07-18-2006, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

it's okay... c5, diba iba sa the fort, ung speedzone? or yun un? Text me na lang sa phone ko - 09164361149... I need a charger with discharger and batts... Where do you think I get get those for less costs? do you know anyone?
dude, tried calling you but just got a voice box message but texted you na rin. yung sa c5, meron pang iba, it's not speedzone. indoor track from 10am - 10pm (Tuesdays-sundays). mas malaki bro and less technical compared to speedzone (in my eyes). as for the charger and discharger, go to message forums and look for manila racers, may thread na for selling. in my opinion lang, okay lang siguro na second hand yung charger and discharger. yung battery, bago dapat (opinion ko lang ito bro).
Old 07-18-2006, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

dude, forgot to tell you na the number that you were trying to calling awhile ago is with my grilfriend.. Sorry.. Anyway, do you race or run your rc's at the parksquare1 roof top parking lot? if youwant, we can meet personally.. Thanks for the info about the chargers and the batts...
Old 07-18-2006, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cheers, i'll give it a go

Charles
Old 07-18-2006, 11:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

dude, forgot to tell you na the number that you were trying to calling awhile ago is with my grilfriend.. Sorry.. Anyway, do you race or run your rc's at the parksquare1 roof top parking lot? if youwant, we can meet personally.. Thanks for the info about the chargers and the batts...
it's no problem at all bro (my gf also sometimes answers and checks my phone!) sorry bro, i wonlt be able to play with rc at all for three since I'll be out of town for office on-field stuff (bad trip). in any case, the directions for the other rc track in pasig are as follows:

1) coming forom Mega Mall (take julia vargas) go to the direction opposite edsa, going down to c5.
2) when you get to c5 (shell at your left), turn right
3) go to the most left lane since you'll be making a u-turn at the first u-turn slot you'll see (about 200 meters away from the corner of julia vargas and c5).
4) once you make the u-turn go straight
5) don't go over the fly over, go under
6) Tiendesitas should be at your left
7) it's the blue gate at your right (the blue gate is near the u-turn slot under the c5 flyover
8) beep beep ka lang, may security guard doon
9) i'll text you pagmaglalaro ako doon pagbalik ko ng marikina
10) bad trip nga eh, walang rc track yung pupuntahan ko

hope this helps, kung mawala ka man bro, text ka lang!
Old 07-19-2006, 12:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Sorex Tires versus TakeOff

Hi all,

I am having one important race in a big track with medium to low grip .
Air Temperature will be 21°C or 81°F.

Since any rubber tire/insert/rim combination is allowed and no limit for the number of tires used - is a total new situation for me , used to run TakeOff C27 limited to 2 sets per race (mandatory tire).

I will be thankfull for any advice base on experience about how to get the best of this conditions, like which tire/insert can be the best
and
If is wise to use one tire set for each run (4 qualifying and 3 finals).

thanks in advance

Cy
Old 07-19-2006, 01:16 AM
Tech Addict

I would suggest you try Sorex 36R, Orion Hard Wheels and Orion Yellow Asphalt inserts. Additive = Tire Tweak with Tire Warmers for 30min. (55deg C.)
The Hara Grey Ver.1 inserts also works really good!!
The wheels are very important as different brands have slightly different size!!

New tires are always faster, especially when it's hot!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.