Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Hardriven RC
Question for all the guys who already drove the "415".

Please post the tires you used during your test as this is extremely important to put the handling in perspective. Everyone knows there is a huge difference between say a PitShimizu or a Tamiya a-type.

Thanks
I ran Sorex 36 with HPI green inserts, the same tires I use for the Evo3.
Old 03-07-2004, 03:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

I ran pit D20's indoor, the same as what i run on my evo 3 indoor. Just finishe my other one but its hard to compare the clipped belts as one car is almost broken in and the other car is still fresh built. Rick
Old 03-07-2004, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I ran 3 packs today with kit setup outdoors on asphalt. Car was very smooth. Had a midturn and an onpower push. Off power seemed to be fine. I didn't bring any of my tuning parts to the track. So I didn't get to change anything. I ran it with a 19t and Takeoff CS27's. I think the car will be just fine once I take care of the push. But it handled good enough to know that it'll be a very competitive car once tuned in just right.

Before I ran the car though, I tightened the front and rear belts 2 clicks. I may need to tighten it one more click. I gotta recheck everything later tonight. I'm also gonna do the minus every other tooth to the belts once my spares come in.

I think tonight I'll measure everything to get an exact setup. Then adjust some things for another trial run this week.

Oh, and I also ran it with an Alfa 2.0... Gonna try Mazda and Strat 2.0 as well. Not to mention my TCS body...
Old 03-07-2004, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

These last posts are more like it. Some real feedback.
Keep the info comming guys.
Old 03-07-2004, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by KilRuf
Before I ran the car though, I tightened the front and rear belts 2 clicks. I may need to tighten it one more click. I gotta recheck everything later tonight. I'm also gonna do the minus every other tooth to the belts once my spares come in.
You may not want to tighten the belt so much. I was told by various people you want to run the belt as lose as possible without slipping. I did tighten the rear by 1 notch but left front as it was. The transmission is very very free and no slips.
Old 03-07-2004, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think the belt is pretty good right now. Before I think it was too loose. I heard of people doin 3 clicks. So I opted for 2. Anyways, I'm treating it like I did when I had the 414M2, and the XXX-S. More belt tension equals more acceleration. Less equals more topend. At least that's always been my understanding. I think I might have heard it slip a time or two underacceleration. It might have been something else. I was unsure since I was up high in the drivers stand.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by madjack
Hebiki,

Thanks for letting me drive the car yesterday...really sorry about hitting that 1/8th gas car head on at full speed. It is a good thing they had a fire extinguisher on-site to help put that fire out...I'm sure that racers dog will be ok in a few months...

With the stock set-up the chassis was very easy to drive with loads of rear grip. Certainly looks like a good car so far! Find a bit more steering and your good to go!

Still enjoy how smooth the Tamiya belt drive chassis's feels comes off the corner. I'll be interested to see if the 415 is as quick off the corner as the EVO when running stock motors...regardless, I'll be racing a 415 in TCS GT1

Thanks,

John
anytime john.. whats up with me and steering? hahaha

anyways.. when you get yours in.. let me know.. we can run 27Ts at tamiya and do some testing together. its always easier to test when you have someone else to test with. one can take one set up change, and the other can take the other set up change and go from there.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:58 PM
Tech Lord

Default Pictures

picture of my car...
Old 03-08-2004, 12:06 AM
Tech Lord

Default Belt adjustment

2 clicks for the front.

2 clicks for the back.

after the 6-7 packs i ran on saturday.. belts are loose, but not too loose and not too tight. just right.

after another 7 packs or so. ill check again.
Old 03-08-2004, 02:05 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone had a problem with the top deck tweeking on the four front screws? Ran mine for the first time yesteday and after a had impact it started hook oneway and after the race I loosened the top deck screws and you could see the front move back. Re-tighted them and the car wwas back to normal handling.

Last edited by alan1467; 03-08-2004 at 02:14 AM.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Pictures

Originally posted by Hebiki
picture of my car...
Looks good....
Old 03-08-2004, 06:42 AM
Tech Adept

picture of my car...
Hebiki

Those wheels, did they come with the car. I would have thort that Tamiya would have included some dish wheels. And the tires, what are they.

Does it come with a one-way. We're not allowed one-ways in our racing. Just wanna know, coz Tamiya has no info on this chassis published.

Ta
Old 03-08-2004, 07:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Pictures

Originally posted by Punkynutt
Hebiki

Those wheels, did they come with the car. I would have thort that Tamiya would have included some dish wheels. And the tires, what are they.

Does it come with a one-way. We're not allowed one-ways in our racing. Just wanna know, coz Tamiya has no info on this chassis published.

Ta
It comes with 2 oneways, a center one and a front one. At the moment there is no option for full time 4wd although on the setup sheets there is a option for front oneway or diff so there might be something soon.

Also it comes with dish tamiya wheel. Rick
Old 03-08-2004, 08:50 AM
Regional Moderator

picture of my car...
looks good but doesnt look like it has as much room for electronics as the TECH car has.

I ran the MY02R this past weekend on carpet and all I can say is that it done great wish I had some sway bars to mess with and a diff to try but other then that I was very very happy with the car . the belt drive is very smooth and quick it was the best saturday racing I have had in a while the fish(cuda) went bye bye
and the tech car has won my heart lol

oh yeah i won the A-main with it beat my ole cuda buddy
Old 03-08-2004, 09:21 AM
Tech Lord

it came with dish wheels. those are just old take offs i use when my car just sits around or when im trying to fix the steering turnbuckles.

upper deck tweak interesting.. mine would venture off in different directions too. i should check for tweak. im with Ko.. great car. but keeping the fish for stock racing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.