Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
TRF415 MS Refine 2 is a complete kit.
Just what I said, hence it has a 2.5mm lower deck included (else that'd be a bit crap for a kit not to have a chassis). They also mention the fact that it'll have different mounting holes, for the bulkheads, so they won't be compatible with the std and MS 415 (that includes the bulkheads too).
Old 09-01-2005, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
TRF415 MS Refine 2 (aka MSX) carries a list price of 73,290 yen!!! That's $670 in today's exchange rate! I know retail would be lower but this is just crazy!!!
a couple of my friends are quitting rc after many years of racing... the cost is just getting out of hand... i know i know... u don't need the latest stuffs to go fast... but still....
Old 09-01-2005, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default MSX Conversion

I am sure the MSX Conversion will work with the Standard 415 Suspension arms on the Standard kit. It is stated the kit will work with the Standard 415 with LW Suspension on it.

Well the LW Suspension conversion kit had to adapt to the regular 415 in how it all lines up through the arm spacing. So in the end the dogbones line up to the diffs and the camber/steering links line up to their mounting on the chassis. Positionally the bulkhead has to fit the mount holes and the diffs sit in the same spot. I don't see how the LW suspension is really needed. The only one thing can be the included Damper Stays with like different positions of the holes to match up with the LW arms to mount the shocks properly.

On an MS car kit the inside aluminum arm mounts are closer to their respective ends and the spacers used are less to compensate for that.

Does anyone have a good explanation to why the LW suspension is needed for this conversion on Standard 415?
Old 09-01-2005, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
grahame;
To get the pro-module suspension to fit the Std 415, the list of extras you need aint too long.

1x 46mm long driveshaft dog bones (2pc's) (TAM53724)
1x Evo4 Wheel axles (2pc's) (TAM51094)
1x Tamiya Universal driveshaft Joints for 414m2 (TAM5350) [nb enough for 4 universals, but it's worth it for spares)
4x 950 (9x5mm) sized bearings.

That covers it all I think, everything required should come in the kit.

HiH
Ed
thanks TryHard
Old 09-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Anyone here have links to websites that has setups for the 415?

Thanks in Advance!
Old 09-01-2005, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMOisCOOL
Anyone here have links to websites that has setups for the 415?

Thanks in Advance!
Check Tryhard's sig. His site has plenty of them. Also the USA Tamiya TRF site has some of their racer's setups on it
Old 09-02-2005, 05:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 190mph
I am sure the MSX Conversion will work with the Standard 415 Suspension arms on the Standard kit. It is stated the kit will work with the Standard 415 with LW Suspension on it.

Well the LW Suspension conversion kit had to adapt to the regular 415 in how it all lines up through the arm spacing. So in the end the dogbones line up to the diffs and the camber/steering links line up to their mounting on the chassis. Positionally the bulkhead has to fit the mount holes and the diffs sit in the same spot. I don't see how the LW suspension is really needed. The only one thing can be the included Damper Stays with like different positions of the holes to match up with the LW arms to mount the shocks properly.

On an MS car kit the inside aluminum arm mounts are closer to their respective ends and the spacers used are less to compensate for that.

Does anyone have a good explanation to why the LW suspension is needed for this conversion on Standard 415?
My guess is that it was coming at first with the MS lower deck and tamiya wanted to still offer some wheelbase adjustment than using the standard suspension would not allow.

Other than that i guess it could be possibly shock tower differences possibly not letting the standard suspension run the correct ride heights but i think this is very very unlikley.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TryHard
I'm not sure, but I think when the first info about the MSX kit came out, most of the specs seemed to quote it as including the 2.5mm lower deck. However since then the details appear to have been revised, and no longer include it (wish it did though). I guess thats where the confusion is forming.

Still, not as bad as RACER magazine over here continuosly quoting it as the 416..... better not get me started on that one....
i know what you mean,
alot of people cant get there facts straight and no abslotuly nothing about the developments of tamiya.
it get on my nerves aswell,because you pull someone up on it and they just look at you to say,what the fuck you know?
never mind,thats racer for you,just like the whole of this country lol,
Old 09-02-2005, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

i belive its because the rear wishbones are thicker then that of the lwt suspension,
these can cause probs with binding the suspension when using narrow toe blocks,even on the lwt suspension,on the standard 415 you have to dremel the wishbones.i dunno,but just a suggestion?
Old 09-02-2005, 01:29 PM
Tech Regular

Default Titanium Dogbones

I think I've eventually figured out the titanium dogbones on Mark Rheinards car.

Square RC are released STA-50B - Titanium Dogbones for the TA05 (same size as 415MS - 46mm). Their suspension shaft are gold much like the new tamiya parts so I can only assume that the dogbones will be the same.

Speedtech have them due in this month.

Old 09-02-2005, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ballsie
I think I've eventually figured out the titanium dogbones on Mark Rheinards car.

Square RC are released STA-50B - Titanium Dogbones for the TA05 (same size as 415MS - 46mm). Their suspension shaft are gold much like the new tamiya parts so I can only assume that the dogbones will be the same.

Speedtech have them due in this month.

Hooray !!, You found them
Old 09-02-2005, 04:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Rant

Originally Posted by trf racer
i know what you mean,
alot of people cant get there facts straight and no abslotuly nothing about the developments of tamiya.
it get on my nerves aswell,because you pull someone up on it and they just look at you to say,what the fuck you know?
never mind,thats racer for you,just like the whole of this country lol,
Hold up a second someone who does the site for racer or wrote up the report made a one off error, stupid dicks all over the net believe its is going to be called the 416 cause of one web sites error that was sorted as soon as it was pointed out. Who are the stupid ones who took it all in?

It has always been posted as the 415 MSX in the Racer mag just a error on the site and your all dissing racer.

Also i would Hazzard a guess the guys at racer have far more contacts within the RC industry (drivers, companys etc) than 99% of the RC racers in the UK so who are you to mouth off about them. If you have a problem with them take it up with them face to face and stop with the keyboard warrior. I am sure they would take better to any problems that way other than random net digs.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:53 AM
Tech Champion

It should fit ok providing you do two things....

* Purchase shorter hinge pins as the MS kit designed for LW sus uses shorter hinge pins. You can also file the original ones down (like I did 1st time round). I belive you need to take about 3mm off them.

* File down your arms. The standard arms are a touch tight when mounted on a MS. You will want to shave a fair bit off them so you can have some wheelbase adjustment for fine tuning. Better measure this so you get it spot on.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rick Draper
Hold up a second someone who does the site for racer or wrote up the report made a one off error, stupid dicks all over the net believe its is going to be called the 416 cause of one web sites error that was sorted as soon as it was pointed out. Who are the stupid ones who took it all in?

It has always been posted as the 415 MSX in the Racer mag just a error on the site and your all dissing racer.

Also i would Hazzard a guess the guys at racer have far more contacts within the RC industry (drivers, companys etc) than 99% of the RC racers in the UK so who are you to mouth off about them. If you have a problem with them take it up with them face to face and stop with the keyboard warrior. I am sure they would take better to any problems that way other than random net digs.
its not the first time racer has made blatent mistakes.its all over the place,one way or another.if they did a little researh they would get there facts writte.
if they have more 'contacts'how can they make a stupid mistake.
if it was just this,id let it go,but it isnt.they think they have facts about everything.when really,they dont.
if there gonna publish something,then they should get it writte.
another example.
in the review of the worlds,they said surikarn,chose the tbevo4,he didnt,he wanted the 415,but by time he went to change chassis,it had been marked.after its marked,you cant change it.
thats just an example.
also they said,'new tamiya signing adam rogers'he hasnt signed anything to do with tamiya.he is an privateer on the chassis front,only backed by TIR and LRP.
i read racer,so i cant slate them that much,but i do chuckle sometimes to myself.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:02 AM
Tech Addict

looks as if someone has tried to convert their 415 drivetrain to match the TA05.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-title.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.