Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 02:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by C van der Hagen
Can anyone make a digital copy of the instructions of the MS World Champion parts and publish it here???
There are really only instructions for how to install aluminum hub carriers, the center pulley, and what degrees of toe in the new blocks will give. Not much assembly required.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Randy Caster
There are really only instructions for how to install aluminum hub carriers, the center pulley, and what degrees of toe in the new blocks will give. Not much assembly required.
Can you tell me what degrees of toe-in the new blocks will give. And should they used for the front or the rear suspension? (acc. the instructions)
Old 01-22-2005, 03:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by C van der Hagen
Can you tell me what degrees of toe-in the new blocks will give. And should they used for the front or the rear suspension? (acc. the instructions)
They work just like the X-D blocks only narrower. You can use them for the front and reas suspension, as they are not made to work with a washer underneath them so you can flip the block over.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I am looking at trying the D/ A bridge on the front but would like to know the full effect this has. Does it just increase the aggresiveness on initial turn in or does it have an affect in the middle to exit of a turn also.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2005, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Randy Caster
Hey Neil, stay safe in the sandbox man!
Thanks Randy, you too. Don't forget to use lots of lotion for your fingers.
Old 01-22-2005, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Blue Belts!

Originally posted by madjack
"far away land to meet exotic and interesting people, and persuade them"

funny, thats not how I recall delivering the message...

you take care my friend,

J Christensen
That's the "politically correct" version. You and I know the real version.
Old 01-22-2005, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Ling, EJ, I met your friend Paul from your neck of the woods at a club race in San Antonio. Looks like he is stationed there. Nice guy.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Aluminum Steering Knuckles?

Does anyone know if aluminum steering knuckles are made for the 415? If so, where can I find them?

Thanks
Old 01-22-2005, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Square makes them. You can find them at SpeedtechRC.com.

Well had a bad day of racing today. Had fun, but the racing sucked. I broke alot hehe. I'm gonna have to replace my aluminum turnbuckles with Ti ones. I broke one. Bent another. Another friend broke 2 of his. I broke a CHub and a spindle. And an aluminum ball stud. Oh well... just one of those days. Next weekend I hope to do better. Todays testing went down the drain hehe. At least I didn't really chuck any tires. Only 2 more race weekends before the Snowbirds.....
Old 01-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by KilRuf
Square makes them. You can find them at SpeedtechRC.com.

Well had a bad day of racing today. Had fun, but the racing sucked. I broke alot hehe. I'm gonna have to replace my aluminum turnbuckles with Ti ones. I broke one. Bent another. Another friend broke 2 of his. I broke a CHub and a spindle. And an aluminum ball stud. Oh well... just one of those days. Next weekend I hope to do better. Todays testing went down the drain hehe. At least I didn't really chuck any tires. Only 2 more race weekends before the Snowbirds.....
ouch...
Old 01-22-2005, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah, like I said... It's just one of those days. I haven't really broken anything on the car since I got it almost a year ago... and now today this... haha... Just one of those days.. hehe... At least now I can use some of my spare parts that have been laying around for the past year...
Old 01-22-2005, 11:55 PM
Tech Addict

Its just logical....... hehe
Old 01-23-2005, 10:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Thanks Randy, you too. Don't forget to use lots of lotion for your fingers.
haha, I had a special foam keyed keyboard made just for me so I dont get calises on my fingertips.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the new MS upgrade parts thingy with the fixed pulley, al hubs and the new inner mounts? Just wondered what people are finding and also what the difference between the standard blocks and these new ones are
Old 01-23-2005, 05:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The new blocks are all narrower than the std X block.

The range goes, from widest to narrowest:

D, C, B, A, X, XA, XB, XC, XD

I know some guys on here have the blocks, I personally don't, so I can't comment on what affect they have on the performance.

Also, I tried some setup changes on the car today (rubber tyres on carpet), basically the adjusts that we could see from I tried pro-dive on the front (placed 0.7mm spacers under the A-bridge) and i also lowered the steering rack (placed all three spacers on top of the steering knuckles) and used 4mm of spacers under the ball joint.
Car worked very well, really turning in well whilst running spool, combined with the narrow rear end, the car was awesome. Easily the best handling I've had it with the spool. Results wise, qualified 2nd in the A, ended up finishing third after an unlucky moment with a backmarker in the final minute. Incidently we were running 6 minute heats with 27t motors, car certainly woked well, and didn't really notice the extra time.

Hope it helps
Ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.