Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by trf racer
as to making a diff/spool youl need

yokomo outdrive set for mr4tc and use the front set.
diff pulley for 415 and a bering that goes inside the diff.
that is all you need for a spool.
for a diff the same parts above but also 8 3mm balls, yokomo pressure plates,m2 locknut ,2*25 bolt?,thrust washer and nut holder.
then u should be sorted!
Slight correction, It's the rear outdrives from the MR4-TC (belt drive version) that you need, as the rear diff is central on that car, like the front diff on the 415.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i was thinking it was the rear, but forgot.

on another note... i just got my LW suspension kit for the 415. i am heading to sunny Cali for the Nats, so i am a bit afraid of changing the car completely right before... any ideas if its a totally different animal? plus, any setups for the Tamiya Usa track with the LW set? thanks your help, in advance!
Old 08-22-2004, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As for the screw, you could take everything off the chassis.. and instead of dremeling it out... just grab the bulkhead and twist the bulkhead in the opposite direction to loosen up the screw.... of course if the screw turns too.. them maybe a drill bit or dremel will have to do.. hehe...
Old 08-22-2004, 07:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Screwed

Hey guys, thanks for all the ideas around the screws that I screwed up. I ended up dremeling one of the screws and used a flathead to remove it. I turned the two bulkheads to remove the oneway and used a flathead again to remove the other 2 screws . I did mess up on my first cut with the dremel, my chassis was cut a little bit.

Lesson learned: Don't put too much Blue Loctite

John
Old 08-22-2004, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

You should only use a drop.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by tamiyadriver
i was thinking it was the rear, but forgot.

on another note... i just got my LW suspension kit for the 415. i am heading to sunny Cali for the Nats, so i am a bit afraid of changing the car completely right before... any ideas if its a totally different animal? plus, any setups for the Tamiya Usa track with the LW set? thanks your help, in advance!
I've just recently changed mine as well and if you build it according to instruction (shock position, camber link washer etc.), it handles very much like the stock out of box 415 set up.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by AzNDRAGster
You should only use a drop.
I did...

Problem was it was a BIG DROP
Old 08-22-2004, 09:32 PM
Tech Addict

Default LW suspension kit

I know there are a few out there that have both the 415 and the Evo4. A few questions... is the general consensus of the handling of the 415 with the LW kit that it's similar to that of a stock 415? If so, why convert?

Now, if you have both the 415 and the Evo4, is it a good idea to convert so that you can share spare parts between the two cars?

I'm contemplating buying the kit but, need some advice.

BTW, I love how the stock 415 handles now!

Thanks,

John
Old 08-22-2004, 09:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Have any of you guys had any problems with the belt twisting,belt is not loose not tight,but it has twisted..as in the belt has the clogs up.. I was thinking about getting a 415 but I have seen this happen on 4 different cars at my track(all 415's)I think their are a total of 7 415's where I race at.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:47 PM
Tech Addict

Happened to me... twice, the 415 was running just fine until a board jumped out in front of it . Spun the car around and I noticed that I lost some horsepower. The front belt got twisted. I tightened it recently and now I have 3 clicks front and back. Haven't tested it out yet though.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by xxxkat
Have any of you guys had any problems with the belt twisting,belt is not loose not tight,but it has twisted..as in the belt has the clogs up.. I was thinking about getting a 415 but I have seen this happen on 4 different cars at my track(all 415's)I think their are a total of 7 415's where I race at.
I have seen this happen twice on the 415 where I race, and there are about 6 or 7 of them including mine. I believe in both cases where it flipped the front was set looser then 3 clicks and both drivers had run in mod for quite a few packs.

I am also under the impression the flipping is not an issue with the new Low Friction belts and that people are running them at only 1 or 2 clicks instead of 3. Don't quote me on that though...just going by what I remember reading on here.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

thanks Jeff! i was in the process of cleaning/freshening it up fot the trip out, and wasnt sure... ill throw it on and see how it does... only 4 days till flight!!!
Old 08-22-2004, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Paul_Kultcha
I have seen this happen twice on the 415 where I race, and there are about 6 or 7 of them including mine. I believe in both cases where it flipped the front was set looser then 3 clicks and both drivers had run in mod for quite a few packs.

I am also under the impression the flipping is not an issue with the new Low Friction belts and that people are running them at only 1 or 2 clicks instead of 3. Don't quote me on that though...just going by what I remember reading on here.
Most belt cars potentially have that problem. Just have to ensure that the pulley are clean and not clogged with frayed belt material.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: LW suspension kit

Originally posted by Runin Ronin
I know there are a few out there that have both the 415 and the Evo4. A few questions... is the general consensus of the handling of the 415 with the LW kit that it's similar to that of a stock 415? If so, why convert?

Now, if you have both the 415 and the Evo4, is it a good idea to convert so that you can share spare parts between the two cars?

I'm contemplating buying the kit but, need some advice.

BTW, I love how the stock 415 handles now!

Thanks,

John
I changed to the LW suspension because it is lighter and I could now just carry one set of suspension parts for both my 415 and Evo4. The handling is similar but perhaps just a slight bit more nimble due to the lighter unsprung weight.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Like I mentioned before, the LW suspension seems to change direction better/quicker, possibly (like jeffreylin mentioned) due to there being less mass.

Anyway,

Has anyone tried the Subaru legacy B4 on their 415's yet? how do they handle? what's it similar too (ie vectra, dodge2 etc). I'm curious as I've just ordered one from R10, to replace my rather battered Losi skoda (damm the combination of rusty driving skills, modified motors, low heats and solid track markers ).
Still I'll be painting it myslef again, in something very close to this

THard 105 Rugby

which was my old NR2003 car, the new ones way too complicated to paint with cans...

Regards
Ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.