R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2004, 11:03 AM   #3346
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by trf racer
as to making a diff/spool youl need

yokomo outdrive set for mr4tc and use the front set.
diff pulley for 415 and a bering that goes inside the diff.
that is all you need for a spool.
for a diff the same parts above but also 8 3mm balls, yokomo pressure plates,m2 locknut ,2*25 bolt?,thrust washer and nut holder.
then u should be sorted!
Slight correction, It's the rear outdrives from the MR4-TC (belt drive version) that you need, as the rear diff is central on that car, like the front diff on the 415.
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 11:12 AM   #3347
Tech Elite
 
Turbonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium
Default

i was thinking it was the rear, but forgot.

on another note... i just got my LW suspension kit for the 415. i am heading to sunny Cali for the Nats, so i am a bit afraid of changing the car completely right before... any ideas if its a totally different animal? plus, any setups for the Tamiya Usa track with the LW set? thanks your help, in advance!
__________________
Wes

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 07:29 PM   #3348
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,443
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

As for the screw, you could take everything off the chassis.. and instead of dremeling it out... just grab the bulkhead and twist the bulkhead in the opposite direction to loosen up the screw.... of course if the screw turns too.. them maybe a drill bit or dremel will have to do.. hehe...
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 08:35 PM   #3349
Tech Addict
 
Runin Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 618
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Screwed

Hey guys, thanks for all the ideas around the screws that I screwed up. I ended up dremeling one of the screws and used a flathead to remove it. I turned the two bulkheads to remove the oneway and used a flathead again to remove the other 2 screws . I did mess up on my first cut with the dremel, my chassis was cut a little bit.

Lesson learned: Don't put too much Blue Loctite

John
Runin Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 08:38 PM   #3350
Tech Master
 
Tek Nickal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,301
Default

You should only use a drop.
Tek Nickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 09:25 PM   #3351
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by tamiyadriver
i was thinking it was the rear, but forgot.

on another note... i just got my LW suspension kit for the 415. i am heading to sunny Cali for the Nats, so i am a bit afraid of changing the car completely right before... any ideas if its a totally different animal? plus, any setups for the Tamiya Usa track with the LW set? thanks your help, in advance!
I've just recently changed mine as well and if you build it according to instruction (shock position, camber link washer etc.), it handles very much like the stock out of box 415 set up.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 10:26 PM   #3352
Tech Addict
 
Runin Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 618
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AzNDRAGster
You should only use a drop.
I did...

Problem was it was a BIG DROP
Runin Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 10:32 PM   #3353
Tech Addict
 
Runin Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 618
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default LW suspension kit

I know there are a few out there that have both the 415 and the Evo4. A few questions... is the general consensus of the handling of the 415 with the LW kit that it's similar to that of a stock 415? If so, why convert?

Now, if you have both the 415 and the Evo4, is it a good idea to convert so that you can share spare parts between the two cars?

I'm contemplating buying the kit but, need some advice.

BTW, I love how the stock 415 handles now!

Thanks,

John
Runin Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 10:43 PM   #3354
Tech Lord
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,336
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Have any of you guys had any problems with the belt twisting,belt is not loose not tight,but it has twisted..as in the belt has the clogs up.. I was thinking about getting a 415 but I have seen this happen on 4 different cars at my track(all 415's)I think their are a total of 7 415's where I race at.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 10:47 PM   #3355
Tech Addict
 
Runin Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 618
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Happened to me... twice, the 415 was running just fine until a board jumped out in front of it . Spun the car around and I noticed that I lost some horsepower. The front belt got twisted. I tightened it recently and now I have 3 clicks front and back. Haven't tested it out yet though.
Runin Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 10:51 PM   #3356
Tech Regular
 
Paul_Kultcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 283
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxkat
Have any of you guys had any problems with the belt twisting,belt is not loose not tight,but it has twisted..as in the belt has the clogs up.. I was thinking about getting a 415 but I have seen this happen on 4 different cars at my track(all 415's)I think their are a total of 7 415's where I race at.
I have seen this happen twice on the 415 where I race, and there are about 6 or 7 of them including mine. I believe in both cases where it flipped the front was set looser then 3 clicks and both drivers had run in mod for quite a few packs.

I am also under the impression the flipping is not an issue with the new Low Friction belts and that people are running them at only 1 or 2 clicks instead of 3. Don't quote me on that though...just going by what I remember reading on here.
Paul_Kultcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 11:00 PM   #3357
Tech Elite
 
Turbonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium
Default

thanks Jeff! i was in the process of cleaning/freshening it up fot the trip out, and wasnt sure... ill throw it on and see how it does... only 4 days till flight!!!
__________________
Wes

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 11:21 PM   #3358
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul_Kultcha
I have seen this happen twice on the 415 where I race, and there are about 6 or 7 of them including mine. I believe in both cases where it flipped the front was set looser then 3 clicks and both drivers had run in mod for quite a few packs.

I am also under the impression the flipping is not an issue with the new Low Friction belts and that people are running them at only 1 or 2 clicks instead of 3. Don't quote me on that though...just going by what I remember reading on here.
Most belt cars potentially have that problem. Just have to ensure that the pulley are clean and not clogged with frayed belt material.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 12:57 AM   #3359
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default Re: LW suspension kit

Quote:
Originally posted by Runin Ronin
I know there are a few out there that have both the 415 and the Evo4. A few questions... is the general consensus of the handling of the 415 with the LW kit that it's similar to that of a stock 415? If so, why convert?

Now, if you have both the 415 and the Evo4, is it a good idea to convert so that you can share spare parts between the two cars?

I'm contemplating buying the kit but, need some advice.

BTW, I love how the stock 415 handles now!

Thanks,

John
I changed to the LW suspension because it is lighter and I could now just carry one set of suspension parts for both my 415 and Evo4. The handling is similar but perhaps just a slight bit more nimble due to the lighter unsprung weight.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 05:37 AM   #3360
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Like I mentioned before, the LW suspension seems to change direction better/quicker, possibly (like jeffreylin mentioned) due to there being less mass.

Anyway,

Has anyone tried the Subaru legacy B4 on their 415's yet? how do they handle? what's it similar too (ie vectra, dodge2 etc). I'm curious as I've just ordered one from R10, to replace my rather battered Losi skoda (damm the combination of rusty driving skills, modified motors, low heats and solid track markers ).
Still I'll be painting it myslef again, in something very close to this

THard 105 Rugby

which was my old NR2003 car, the new ones way too complicated to paint with cans...

Regards
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:52 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net