Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
next year maybe
Shame dude! You defo doin cotswalds this weekend? And are you an tryhard doin BIWS?
Old 08-28-2006, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JAY_UK
Shame dude! You defo doin cotswalds this weekend? And are you an tryhard doin BIWS?
Yeah we're doing wostwolds, but not BIWS due to last year's mess with our mate rob (plus it'd be a bit of a treck for TryHard from the IoW, lol).
Old 08-28-2006, 04:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Unlikey to be doing BIWS... bad blood over last year (don't ask) and it's a loooooong old treak for me. Looks more likely I'll be doing 19t in the Carpet Wars down here.... just got to decide whether to use the MRE or the Evo5... going the Evo's way at the moment, simply 'cause it's my "indoor" car
Maybe after the nationals are over I'll give the MRE a whirl on the rug, but for the moment, it's staying setup for outdoor.

Guess I'll be sticking with the spool for Cotswolds then Cya on the weekend Charles.

Ed
Old 08-28-2006, 04:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Turbonium
shows to be 53590... used on other cars as well.

there was a liteweight version too... i think its 53451? maybe?
Thanks Wes, that's what I needed...I'm making stuff as usual . Hopefully I'll see you @ Novak .
Old 08-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anybody interested in a 4mm carpet chassis for the msx, I have one I'm selling for $85 shipped.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Is it possible to get the EVO 5/MRE steering setup onto an MSX?
Old 08-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tek Nickal
Is it possible to get the EVO 5/MRE steering setup onto an MSX?
Acutally you could, but it will cost you...You could get the under and upper deck of the MRE and the whole steering assembly from the EVO 5.

Unless you could drill out your MSX chassis, you could less the lower deck.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
Thanks Wes, that's what I needed...I'm making stuff as usual . Hopefully I'll see you @ Novak .
no problemo.. .hope you can make it! should be tons o'fun.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ben.C
Acutally you could, but it will cost you...You could get the under and upper deck of the MRE and the whole steering assembly from the EVO 5.

Unless you could drill out your MSX chassis, you could less the lower deck.
Nevermind then, too much work and money for a little more steering. Its because I find the steering on the MSX needs some crazy endpoint adjustments to get full throw of the wheels...I went all the way to 125 on my radio. My servo probably also has something to do with it, but I find steering racks like that to be more responsive, like on my CGM.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I didnt read it somewhere, but if its already been discussed, sorry, but how are you guys going to use the 4mm chassis with the MRE? redrilling and a bit of milling? or is everyone just using the 2.5? Wonder if the aftermarket stiffer top decks would do the same job????

MRE in the mail... should be here very soon
Old 08-29-2006, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by axle182
I didnt read it somewhere, but if its already been discussed, sorry, but how are you guys going to use the 4mm chassis with the MRE? redrilling and a bit of milling? or is everyone just using the 2.5? Wonder if the aftermarket stiffer top decks would do the same job????

MRE in the mail... should be here very soon
For carpet with foam tire racing...I'm going stick with the MSX steering rack...given enough shims...you can reduce the slop in the steering rack significantly...

I feel the benefit of a stiffer 4mm chassis for carpet foam racing exceeds switching to the MRE chassis to gain the steering rack. Just my 2-cents...
Old 08-29-2006, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
For carpet with foam tire racing...I'm going stick with the MSX steering rack...given enough shims...you can reduce the slop in the steering rack significantly...

I feel the benefit of a stiffer 4mm chassis for carpet foam racing exceeds switching to the MRE chassis to gain the steering rack. Just my 2-cents...
Carl dont tell me i can expect to buy my nice new MRE and put MSX steering on it! lol Im probably going to look into modifying the 4mm chassis, two extra holes a some small milling shouldnt be too much work. Just wondering if anyone has tackled this, or whether they just opted for the stiffer upper deck. Cheers
Old 08-29-2006, 09:15 AM
Tech Regular

just drilling two extra holes should be enough
Old 08-29-2006, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by axle182
Carl dont tell me i can expect to buy my nice new MRE and put MSX steering on it! lol Im probably going to look into modifying the 4mm chassis, two extra holes a some small milling shouldnt be too much work. Just wondering if anyone has tackled this, or whether they just opted for the stiffer upper deck. Cheers
LOL...I'm not one for drilling a 4mm chassis...I was never ever able to get my 1/12th scale steering servo mounts drilled properly...let alone a 4mm chassis...please send me some photos once someone has finished the modification...curious how much mill work is needed to make it work?

I'm actually looking a getting the MRE just for outdoor racing. Although I'm going to waiting and hear some feedback on how the new sterring rack works on carpet....
Old 08-29-2006, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

Just run my New MRE this weekend at the Ko. I found quite a few problems from kit spec. Most of the problems were due to too much steering which was turned down by using the dual rates. Then I had rear traction problems coming out of corners which I now believe was down to my front belt being a bit too loose and driving the rear wheels while the front may have been skipping. I also re-spaced my rear wishbones forward 1mm to just put a little more weight over the back. I cant understand why everybody is grinding away the steering mech as my belt doesnt come near , I did shim the posts up 1mm though so that may be why. I always seem to sort my car out after the KO.
Thanks to Dave Spashett for pointing me a few tips to help aswell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.