Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Inspire us.  Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics. >

Inspire us. Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree475Likes

Inspire us. Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kn7671
Well so much for that "no discussion" bit at the beginning of this thread.
Yea, I thought about that. Turns out, I suppose, the idea is to show off a bit and help people out. Who knew?

I'd love to learn a new trick or two.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:13 PM
mok
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

discussion on technique is good

like this handy tip i've come across in my wanderings around with a soldering iron..

brushless sensor leads are a good source for ESC/servo leads - each sensor lead had 6 wires all joined, just split this into 2 pieces of 3 and voila! you've now got black servo and ESC leads (just needs to have connectors attached)
Old 01-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

i dont think it's my BEST but probably my best attempt so far..(2nd time) not too much room to fit all that stuff in a cyclone-s chassis! well, atleast harder than a XBR

Old 01-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Bob, how do you find time to run a business and spend that much time assembling a car to that level? Or do you make the guys at the shop do that for you? Oh, and did you do the paint job as well? Very impressive!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveL
Bob, how do you find time to run a business and spend that much time assembling a car to that level? Or do you make the guys at the shop do that for you? Oh, and did you do the paint job as well? Very impressive!
I am surrounded by talented and dedicated people. There are a few people here that could come close... Mostly, when I'm doing it, they say things like "seriously, you're still working on the reciever...?" I think it takes about 20 hours to do wire job like that. To do the same car a second time, 3-4 hours. I don't get to play like that very often though.

I talked to Schumacher today, some new Speedpassion stuff in the works. I'm gonna do an all Speedpassion build on an mi3.5 here in about 3 weeks. that'll be a cool one.

I've done some concours winning paintjobs... that ain't one of them. I have trouble finding that kind of time. I had 6 bodys painted by this guy. http://www.rcbodypaint.com/ I think he retired from the paint game. David Marmand, I think was the fella, he's in France somewhere. One of the few painter guys that could set a date, and hit it.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
I've just been buying 12" wire strands with Futaba plugs, dying those and then soldering to the circuit board. I can get them to stay black rather than discolor after time, just takes some time in the dye. I'm just looking for a manufacturer that sells wire that's already black in bulk. I can put connectors on myself, that's easy with the right tools. I found a good deal on a Hakko FX-951 iron for $220, so I think it's time to switch over to one of those to make these projects easier as well.
I remember Hitec having a fatty roll of all black 3 wire servo lead. I don't exactly remember the number off hand, but it might be something to look into.

-Korey
Old 01-13-2009, 12:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here's my first try at wiring an electric car. Maybe there's a way to make it a bit cleaner, but I thought it was pretty decent.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

My first 1/12. Just got it finished.

DK
Attached Thumbnails Inspire us.  Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.-picture-098.jpg   Inspire us.  Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.-picture-099.jpg   Inspire us.  Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.-picture-100.jpg  
Old 01-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
For the first time ever, I picked components, based on color. ...
Now that's just silly. I would never do that

Old 01-14-2009, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

Default BMI 12RR

Does this take first prize.??????
Attached Thumbnails Inspire us.  Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.-r0011085.jpg  
Old 01-14-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

First i would like to say very nice installs guy's. All you touring car guy's what are doing with all the extra sensored wire from your brushless motors? Is it possible to shorten the wire (novak 13.5)? It's hard to tell with all those nice hidden clean wires.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi guy
First i would like to say very nice installs guy's. All you touring car guy's what are doing with all the extra sensored wire from your brushless motors? Is it possible to shorten the wire (novak 13.5)? It's hard to tell with all those nice hidden clean wires.
It IS possible, but not worth it

I just put the wires in between the motor and ESC. Get them bunched up (nicely so they fit) And put some shrink over them.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:32 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
I remember Hitec having a fatty roll of all black 3 wire servo lead. I don't exactly remember the number off hand, but it might be something to look into.

-Korey
Cool, I'll see if I can find anything on their website.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Here is another 1/18 brushless I just finished last night:

Old 01-14-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
Here is another 1/18 brushless I just finished last night:

I think your the ONLY one who had the same idea as I did LOL. RS esc and a mongoose motor. If only I still had my 18R

Looks nice! That mini hard case pack is sick!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.