Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
So, with 2008 now almost over, what would you like to see in r/c for 2009? >

So, with 2008 now almost over, what would you like to see in r/c for 2009?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So, with 2008 now almost over, what would you like to see in r/c for 2009?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 10:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

I would like to see a completely solar R/C event in the US in 2009. NO reserve battery for radio or motor. Sun Power only

And since the sun likes to go down, I would like to see an 1 hour enduro after wards. No pack changes, min weight.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

1. For the Gate to find a great new location and for me to find a time to get up there.
2. For rubber TC to take over
3. For more people to join the hobby
4. For someone to start selling talent in a can
5. For Ohio to get an indoor alphalt track

Im sure there is a lot more things I could think of. Im guessing of the list #1 is the most likely to happen.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:29 AM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

1/12th scale and world GT gaining even more in popularity.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

More 1/18th racing on Long Island.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joezjr
I would like to see a 8th scale electric/lipo on road class take off
That's a good one!! I've been looking at those buggy-based on road cars and wondering if a manufacturer (other than Speed Passion) will come out with a conversion. Right now the biggest problem would be keeping the motor/esc/battery cool without having to run a water-type cooling system or huge fans....or both. I guess we'll just have to see what 2009 brings in the way of 1/8th electric!!
Old 12-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outlandr91
more people racing electric sedans
+1
Old 12-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outlandr91
more people racing electric sedans

It would be nice, however with batteries, motors, cars, and chargers in limbo about what will be a "standard" , that will never happen. I was hoping to race carpet this winter, but with new carpet ( more traction) , and no clear standard for classes yet, will hold off on it.

The electrical part of rc is changing on a daily basis, and no one can keep up with it. 15c lipos and now 40c ! I watch the for sale forum on a daily basis, and it seems that more and more electronics are being put up for sale simply because 1 month after being purchased, it's already dated.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIG JIM WOODMAN
I'd like to see more spec class racing like USVTA and RCGT.
I never understand post like this! Can someone explain why USVTA and RCGT are so appealing over what is already out there? They just seem to be slower, but with more rules.

Why is 17.5, 13.5 or Mod. Sedan not "Spec" enough?

VTA has 4-5 motor/battery choices, 6-8 different body choices and only one tire. SO the only "spec" part is tires.

ANY BIG race has a "Spec" tire for rubber, Most run the 1 of 2 bodies and either 17.5,13.5 or Mod. in thier respective class....Heck the classes we ALREADY have are MORE spec than USVTA, without watering down the racing even more.

Last edited by imprsme; 12-19-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cla5675
That's a good one!! I've been looking at those buggy-based on road cars and wondering if a manufacturer (other than Speed Passion) will come out with a conversion. Right now the biggest problem would be keeping the motor/esc/battery cool without having to run a water-type cooling system or huge fans....or both. I guess we'll just have to see what 2009 brings in the way of 1/8th electric!!
I think the 2 speed would help with the temp. Also a fan would be a must.
I have another wish fo 2009. I want roar to make it a rule that you can not race if you stink like b.o. Every track has one or two guys that smells. It can almost wreck a race day
Old 12-19-2008, 01:01 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What I want?

The opening of minds to see that Pan cars can be raced too by the "TC Only" crowd.

---
WorldGT and 1/12th are fun and fast... but some folks just dont like their TC scene to be messed with... Hard getting drivers to take the leap. You'd think spending $210 on a top end chassis in a 1/12th vs nearly $600 on a top end sedan chassis would move some people... instead they just run out of money in TC and leave the sport. (or stay in and bitch and argue about everything )
Old 12-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imprsme
I never understand post like this! Can someone explain why USVTA and RCGT are so appealing over what is already out there? They just seem to be slower, but with more rules.

Why is 17.5, 13.5 or Mod. Sedan not "Spec" enough?

VTA has 4-5 motor/battery choices, 6-8 different body choices and only one tire. SO the only "spec" part is tires.

ANY BIG race has a "Spec" tire for rubber, Most run the 1 of 2 bodies and either 17.5,13.5 or Mod. in thier respective class....Heck the classes we ALREADY have are MORE spec than UVSTA, without watering down the racing even more.
The appeal of this class is simply a fun factor. Nobody gets upset at a bump (or they shouldn't) and the cars look kinda cool.

I race Trans-Am at my track along with quite a few guys and we all do it for the grin factor. Actually, I'm not sure it waters down the other classes too much because almost everyone who runs Trans-Am there also runs other "real" classes.

The only people who don't run another class are new to the hobby and this is their first type of racing..... and isn't that kind of the point, to get new people out?
Old 12-19-2008, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I want to see some endurance racing. With bl/lipo, TC racing is just who can put the most power down. I want to see endurance, with stock motors and battery packs, and see how long you can go on say, 3 packs. Then, any cheat or hack to get more speed out of the battery will just run the batteries down faster. Charging the battery at a more dangerous, higher amperage will also run the batteries down quicker. It's a completely different style of racing, and one that newbies would find more comfortable. everyone goes the same speed, its low cost, and the only way of getting faster is to practice.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

An end to my high battery costs. No More NiMHs. Cheaper and cheaper lipos, Stock brushless at the same price as stock brushed. More durable foam tires.
(all possible)

A GenX10 set up sheet on the CRC website
(wishful thinking).
Old 12-19-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcterp
+1
+1.1

also, get rid of foam TC, to make room for some new classes like WGT, GT touring car....

but one thing i would like to see change, is all of these similar but still different classes go away. for example 1/12 and WGT, they are pretty close to each other, why not just have a class of 1/12 scale with WGT style bodies, so people dont have to go out and buy ANOTHER chassis for a class in a section of racing ALREADY CLUTTERED with excess classes. Id also like to see GT bodies like porsche gt-3's ferrari f-430 and so on bodies become a big thing for touring cars. these are the cars people want to see, when a spectator comes to a parking lot race they are all like "oh, yeah a mazda...". that is not getting people interested in the hobby, we need to have people seeing this stuff and being like "wow this is just like the REAL racing I see on amercan le mans series!", that will get people hyped up.
And I think most most TC drivers will agree, that on road racing has lost a lot of appeal due to this, i mean, off-road has the jumps, and on-road has the sweet supercar bodies, oh thats right, nobody uses those bodies anymore. We need to think about if the products and the hobby are going the way manufacturers and hardcore racers want them to, or the the way they need to go to bring more appeal to the hobby.

Last edited by Little_Mike; 12-19-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrayeddy
It would be nice, however with batteries, motors, cars, and chargers in limbo about what will be a "standard" , that will never happen. I was hoping to race carpet this winter, but with new carpet ( more traction) , and no clear standard for classes yet, will hold off on it.

The electrical part of rc is changing on a daily basis, and no one can keep up with it. 15c lipos and now 40c ! I watch the for sale forum on a daily basis, and it seems that more and more electronics are being put up for sale simply because 1 month after being purchased, it's already dated.

buy that used out dated stuff and go kick some butt, hype doesn't make you faster, its only good for bench racing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.