Wiki Posts
Search

Ko BMC Speedo

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dougmartin
hey goop...on your ko profile that was posted back on page 5 or 6 what timing do you run it at? I really like the profile and just ran it in timing 6.
thanks
yes i still run that same profile and i have always run timing 6 i think i said run timing 4 for offroad or something.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
Anyone have a suggested setting for a BMC-1.5 in 1s 1/12th scale 17.5

Got smoked this past weekend...as if I as running a single speed on the straight versus the tekins with latest software.

When using a rx pack... do you leave the speedo switch in the off position?
what motor are you running.

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Hey Goop,

I don't know you, and you don't know me, but its nice to see a clear simple honest answer from a team member about their product. Sometimes I get so sick of all the ego's replacing useful information in these product threads. I can almost smell the testosterone/BS when I mouse-over some of those threads. Thanks for keeping it real!

no problem i agree there is to much bs i read also.
AWD
Old 01-22-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Anyone have a suggested setting for a BMC-1.5 in 1s 1/12th scale 17.5

Got smoked this past weekend...as if I as running a single speed on the straight versus the tekins with latest software.

When using a rx pack... do you leave the speedo switch in the off position?
Carl,

It really depends on the track layout and size, can you please provide a little clarification on your specific track conditions, in order to provide you with the correct information.

Thanks Again !!!

Alex
Old 01-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

I need a good starting point for a tc carpet track 75x45 with a novak ribbed 17.5.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

anyone anyone at all?
Old 01-23-2010, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tha Skinny
anyone anyone at all?
not too many people run novak motors but i run 116/29/1.9 hope this helps. this is with a duo 2 timing cranked on the motor
Old 01-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alex C
Carl,

It really depends on the track layout and size, can you please provide a little clarification on your specific track conditions, in order to provide you with the correct information.

Thanks Again !!!

Alex

Alex

I'd say the track is roughly 90*40 if not bigger...it's the new track at RC Madness in Enfield, CT. Roll-out was consistent with the other racers between 88mm-90mm. It was clear I was getting out motored on the straights. I even geared up to 91mm and made not difference on the straights but lost rip off the corners.

basically I was told there is nothing i can do about it...other than buying a new speedo which i won't. Unfortunately, there are not enough guys running modified 1/12th to equal the playing field.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by goop
what motor are you running.
its a trinity 17.5...360 Raceway in long island, NY would relabel them. i think its a duo? it has a red front and rear endbell
Old 01-23-2010, 11:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mr. losi
that is the program...

for sedan i simply use the profile drew ellis used for rubber sedan.....it has always kept up with the others for me....on a 65X40 track i geared my 009 at 7.8 ish.....

my problems are with my sct.....
Mr. Losi,
is this a 17.5 you are running?
I am wondering about your track what is the layout like? Would there happen to be some pics? I run on a 75x40 "roval" style carpet track. I went through so much gear tonight it was insane i was anywhere from 4.5 like the tekins at our track all the way to 7.9. I even had a mistakenly even ran a 9.81...)I got distracted while changed gear) but the car was faster down the straight and smoother with some good punch through the infeild and gobbled up the v200 through the sweeper and he was running a 4.6 and I was at 4.5 with a profile that I had made while I was at the track. What kind of esc setups are you running to run high 7's? I told some of the guys I race with what gear i was running and they thought that sounded like mod motor FDR. I will say that for the first night running this speedo it really can still Do Work on the track .......well atleast in my class at my track. Just not really understand why there are such high numbered ratios bening run with this ESC with a 17.5?
Old 01-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Tech Regular

Hi has there been any more work done on 1/12th Lipo 3.7 mean 1c Speed controller setups,I read a few pages back they were ???

Last edited by zoomster; 01-24-2010 at 04:20 AM.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tha Skinny
Mr. Losi,
is this a 17.5 you are running?
I am wondering about your track what is the layout like? Would there happen to be some pics? I run on a 75x40 "roval" style carpet track. I went through so much gear tonight it was insane i was anywhere from 4.5 like the tekins at our track all the way to 7.9. I even had a mistakenly even ran a 9.81...)I got distracted while changed gear) but the car was faster down the straight and smoother with some good punch through the infeild and gobbled up the v200 through the sweeper and he was running a 4.6 and I was at 4.5 with a profile that I had made while I was at the track. What kind of esc setups are you running to run high 7's? I told some of the guys I race with what gear i was running and they thought that sounded like mod motor FDR. I will say that for the first night running this speedo it really can still Do Work on the track .......well atleast in my class at my track. Just not really understand why there are such high numbered ratios bening run with this ESC with a 17.5?
this was 13.5....
Old 01-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Alex

I'd say the track is roughly 90*40 if not bigger...it's the new track at RC Madness in Enfield, CT. Roll-out was consistent with the other racers between 88mm-90mm. It was clear I was getting out motored on the straights. I even geared up to 91mm and made not difference on the straights but lost rip off the corners.

basically I was told there is nothing i can do about it...other than buying a new speedo which i won't. Unfortunately, there are not enough guys running modified 1/12th to equal the playing field.
Carl,

Sorry for the late reply.............. I would recommend to start with the attached profile below, specificly Profile No.1.

As to your Trinity Duo.........I would start with +15* setting, further I would recommend to rollout around 3.05 to 3.10.

One word of caution this profile is very aggressive and may provide to much torque on exit, if so move the entire curve down 5%.

I would also recommend to temp your motor at the four minute mark just incase.

Try it out tell me what you think, I'm sure we can make your 1/12 Scale just as fast as the others mentioned!!!

Best Regards!!!!

Alex
Old 01-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Ok, I gotta throw something out there. I am about to race my T3 for the first time. 13.5, 100 x 60 ft track, pretty open layout.

I was thinkin silly timing profile with 13.5(trinity pulse) tc, need a gear ratio target range and motor timing.

Might as well say 17.5(orion v2) also cause I will be testing that too..

Haven't run on the rug with brushless, so this should be fun
Old 01-25-2010, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
Ok, I gotta throw something out there. I am about to race my T3 for the first time. 13.5, 100 x 60 ft track, pretty open layout.

I was thinkin silly timing profile with 13.5(trinity pulse) tc, need a gear ratio target range and motor timing.

Might as well say 17.5(orion v2) also cause I will be testing that too..

Haven't run on the rug with brushless, so this should be fun
I must say from the photos provided that track looks awsome !!!
Old 01-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Alex C
Carl,

Sorry for the late reply.............. I would recommend to start with the attached profile below, specificly Profile No.1.

As to your Trinity Duo.........I would start with +15* setting, further I would recommend to rollout around 3.05 to 3.10.

One word of caution this profile is very aggressive and may provide to much torque on exit, if so move the entire curve down 5%.

I would also recommend to temp your motor at the four minute mark just incase.

Try it out tell me what you think, I'm sure we can make your 1/12 Scale just as fast as the others mentioned!!!

Best Regards!!!!

Alex

Thanks Alex....not sure what yo mean by Profile #1? Do you mean the default setting on the v1.5? I did not see an attachement?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.