Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ko BMC Speedo

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trips-
The BCM v1.5 started shipping last week so they should start making their way into the shops. You will be able to tell the new versions (KO's) from the label on the box (says version 1.5) and the new sticker on the ESC.

Dhartman-
Yes we did change you timing to 5. But if you open the v1.5 with the current software, it will take your timing back down to 2 (max setting for that software).

rx7ttlm-
We don't release what the exact numbers are on the timing. It's always changing with throttle input. The only UNITS we can say are currently 0-2, next 0-6.

General-
We should have the new software (Stock Motor Manager) posted to our site by the end of the week. The past two weeks someone has been trying to hack into our site so we threw up the old site until we can make sure it doesn't get tampered with. Sorry to those trying to get the settings that we posted or the current BMC Manager.

The new Stock Motor Manager will be the same as the current software in look and controls except that you will be able to turn the timing up to 6. This software can only be used with the newer v1.5 BMC. This software should NOT be used with modified motors.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Just want to make it clear:

With the newer v1.5 BMC you can use either software (regular BMC Manager or Stock Motor Manager).
Old 04-21-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I'm not even gonna try it. I went straight to the SPX. I'll wait until Robert comes down for the Reedy and helps out.
Haha, no more Tekin?

I just put mine back in my wheeler
Old 04-21-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Haha, no more Tekin?

I just put mine back in my wheeler
The Tekin just isn't there yet but I plan to go back to it to help Randy test more after the Reedy. Gotta go with what works for the big race.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Called KO usa and they told me that any "repair" service on the Vortex will have to be sent to Orion and not KO. I bet that Orion will send the esc to KO USA(or even Japan) to get it repaired and pass the extra shipping cost to me). However, KO usa will upgrade the firmware of both KO and Orion for a fee of $20 regardless if there was a factory defect in the original firmware.

Guess I'm screwed.
So to all prospect buyers: Pay the extra and get the KO version.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Tekin just isn't there yet but I plan to go back to it to help Randy test more after the Reedy. Gotta go with what works for the big race.
BMC is the best Clint!!
Old 04-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
The new Stock Motor Manager will be the same as the current software in look and controls except that you will be able to turn the timing up to 6. This software can only be used with the newer v1.5 BMC. This software should NOT be used with modified motors.
Hey Robert,

How "low" are we going before considering a motor "modified", or does that really become a "give it a shot and see what happens" sort of deal? Reason I ask is that I run SuperStock regularly with 13.5 motors (slightly more output than true "Stock" at 17.5) and now and again get talked into racing SuperStock with the old rules 10.5 which by ROAR rules is a "light" mod motor anymore.

I'm planning to send both my BMC's in for updating--do they get new stickers as part of that process?

Many thanks,

Scottrik
Old 04-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by redbones
So to all prospect buyers: Pay the extra and get the KO version.
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
BMC is the best Clint!!
I would attest that my (thankfully limited) experience with Robert and the KO staff indicates to me that their customer service is EXCELLENT!! I have no qualms about recommending KO products based on that alone, the fact that they perform brilliantly is an added bonus.

Buy with KO-nfidence.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Scottrik
I would attest that my (thankfully limited) experience with Robert and the KO staff indicates to me that their customer service is EXCELLENT!! I have no qualms about recommending KO products based on that alone, the fact that they perform brilliantly is an added bonus.

Buy with KO-nfidence.
no doubt they are good. I have three VFS-1s for my brushed cars and they all work flawlessly. I was told that the cogging issue is caused by a problem within the original firmware, so the V1.5 will fix this issue, for a cost. So unfortunate that I didn't wait. Like buying a car right after a model change.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by redbones
no doubt they are good. I have three VFS-1s for my brushed cars and they all work flawlessly. I was told that the cogging issue is caused by a problem within the original firmware, so the V1.5 will fix this issue, for a cost. So unfortunate that I didn't wait. Like buying a car right after a model change.
I hear ya...I've got two of these to send in. That's the price of being "early adopters". I've got six or seven VFS1's (mostly Comp 2's, a couple Comp 1's) and, believe it or not, two VFS2000's. The VFS esc's were, hands down, the best brushed esc's ever and I'm confident I'll feel the same way about the BMC's even after using THEM a couple years.

Great product, excellent user support, superlative service. Can't go wrong.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
BMC is the best Clint!!
Are you running the KO or the Orion unit? I still have the Orion one with the 1.5 update. I'll possibly run it at the Reedy once set up by Robert. I also need to get a heat sink and fan.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I'm not even gonna try it. I went straight to the SPX. I'll wait until Robert comes down for the Reedy and helps out.
an SPX showed up at tamiya on sat. didnt have anything on my BMC with the 1.5 update
Old 04-22-2009, 06:15 AM
Tech Adept

Hello,

Is the 1.5 update necessary, if one is running low turn mod motors?.. I just shelled out over $300 with the ICS, and would be a real PITA if i had to ship it half way across the world and wait a month for it .. I have ran the BMC and after about 3 mins it starts to stutter, not sure if its the motor or speedo, speedo is only warm.

Thanks Ya`All
Old 04-22-2009, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Hebiki
an SPX showed up at tamiya on sat. didnt have anything on my BMC with the 1.5 update
That's nice to know but until one shows up out here and holds it's own then there's no reason to take out the SPX. What profile are you running on yours? Mine just has the 1.5 update without the new timing profiles.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Hey Robert,

How "low" are we going before considering a motor "modified", or does that really become a "give it a shot and see what happens" sort of deal? Reason I ask is that I run SuperStock regularly with 13.5 motors (slightly more output than true "Stock" at 17.5) and now and again get talked into racing SuperStock with the old rules 10.5 which by ROAR rules is a "light" mod motor anymore.

I'm planning to send both my BMC's in for updating--do they get new stickers as part of that process?

Many thanks,

Scottrik
Scottrik-
You will get the new v1.5 sticker on it. The stock motor manager will handle 13.5-17.5T. Japan says 10.5T will not be a problem, but you will have to check motor and ESC temp to make sure that the timing is not set too high and you aren't cooking anything.
-Robert

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.