Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 07:49 AM
Tech Adept

VOTE HERE
Old 02-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

Default Awesomatix weight

I am interested in this car.
What does this car weigh raceready, approximately? Must not be more than 1.350 grams!
If it weighs more, than that is for sure a no go.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kensei
What does this car weigh raceready, approximately? Must not be more than 1.350 grams!
Weight will not be a problem. Of course everything is relative to your electronics, battery, fans, etc... As a point of reference, I had to add more weight to the A700 than I did on my Xray T3 '11 to get to the Roar minimum of 1380. But without any weight I would be under 1350.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Initiate

my car weights 1325g with a lightweight mazda body, SP GT2pro, sanwa R451 receiver, SP MMM motor, norsram big mama battery..and sorex 28 tires..
so i do think that this car is a lightweight car..
Old 02-23-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Regular

Why?

Weight isn't a problem but saying if it weighs more than 1350g it's a no go is a little short sighted don't you think?
Old 02-23-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Regular

Default Awesomatix

I raced RDX Phi'09 stock SP13.5T+LRP SXX Stock Spec during last outdoor summer season.
Then RC10R5 indoor for a short while during indoor winter season.
Now preparing for the upcoming summer outdoor season.
Stockracing 17.5t and/or 13.5t.
Planning on buying all new stuff.
Would this car be a good choice?

Looked at the manual. It says longitudinal placing of motor for 8.5t to 17.5t.
Servo left or right.
What would be the best servoposition? In the past I always had to add extra weight on the LiPo side, so the right side of the car. Not because the car was to light but to balance the car left/right. Car was balanced then, but weight was too high.

What is your experience as to car configuration for stock racing with the Awesomatic?

My first guess would be servo on the right. All cars of other brands always have to add weight on the right side, so where the LiPo is. Maybe that could be avoided with this car by placing the servo on the right. Just spitballing here.......

Any comments on:
- quality of material
- ease of builging the car
- setting the car up
- wear and tear of parts
- continuity in supplying parts
- support from people/factory/and so on
Old 02-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

I raced RDX Phi'09 stock SP13.5T+LRP SXX Stock Spec during last outdoor summer season.
Then RC10R5 indoor for a short while during indoor winter season.
Now preparing for the upcoming summer outdoor season.
Stockracing 17.5t and/or 13.5t.
Planning on buying all new stuff.
Would this car be a good choice?

Looked at the manual. It says longitudinal placing of motor for 8.5t to 17.5t.
Servo left or right.
What would be the best servoposition? In the past I always had to add extra weight on the LiPo side, so the right side of the car. Not because the car was to light but to balance the car left/right. Car was balanced then, but weight was too high.

What is your experience as to car configuration for stock racing with the Awesomatic?

My first guess would be servo on the right. All cars of other brands always have to add weight on the right side, so where the LiPo is. Maybe that could be avoided with this car by placing the servo on the right. Just spitballing here.......

Any comments on:
- quality of material
- ease of builging the car
- setting the car up
- wear and tear of parts
- continuity in supplying parts
- support from people/factory/and so on
Excellent on pretty much every level. Servo on all a700 I have see is on the left. Perfect weight left to right. Longitudinal can run with any motor. No point of even trying transverse.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mb3195
Why?

Weight isn't a problem but saying if it weighs more than 1350g it's a no go is a little short sighted don't you think?
I don't think so at all!
Every LiPo oriented RC Touringcar nowadays is designed upfront to meet certain minimum weight as to regulation. A raceready car nowadays is about 100 gram lighter than a pre-LiPo-car.

But as I understand it the 1,350gr mark isn't a problem with the Awesomatix.
FYI, I almost bought the Schumacher Mi4CXL but didn't afterall because I heard and read about it (reviews and so on) where the weight raceready is 1,395 grams. Thank God I dodged that bullet......

45 grams on a 1/10th scale car is huge.......
Old 02-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My A700 is 10gr lighter than my TCX, an more Left-Right balanced...

By the way, if you are running 13.5 or 17.3 classes, you could use a shorty pack and mount the servo on the right side...

But I think that the Front/Rear balance will be affected...
Old 02-23-2012, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Airwave
For those people who just can't handle that extra .2?

-Mike
Old 02-25-2012, 09:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

First race report, and first day of asphalt racing for the season.

I started with a mix of various setups, mainly based on the setup posted by Sandy Iavazzo. Main differences in my setup were to go softer all the way around, starting at about 75 gf/mm in front and 82 in the rear (f: a2, b2; r: a3, b2) srs/rhs II for both. I was also running .5mm of anti-squat and anti-dive. My theory was that the car's center of gravity is very low, so run the car soft to get roll but don't let it dive/squat real hard. I also ran a regular weight body to raise the center of gravity a bit.

Right off, given the track temperature, I was overheating tires running that soft, I was also getting far too much body roll. I went a bit stiffer, to around 82/88 front/rear mix, and the car was better, but still a little unstable, though the tire temperatures were better, not fading toward the end of the race.

Eventually, I ended up removing both the anti-squat and anti-dive, and the car was much more predictable, and responsive. I also ended up putting a front anti-sway bar on, making the front-end a bit more responsive. This unfortunately, though somewhat predictably, took away a bit of rotation. I then added a bit more toe-out in the front, and took out a little bit of rear camber. Also ended up adding a 1/2mm of camber gain, compared to Sandy's setup. Finally ended up a bit stiffer spring and more dampening all the way around, settling around 90f/98r.

In the end, Sputnik and I ended up qualified 3rd, and finished fourth. Tough racing with some fast racers here at NorCal.

I'd still like to try lower roll centers, going to 0mm under the arms, and of course try IAS as well. Final setup attached.

Thanks for reading this far, interesting day of racing, and I'm happy with the results, more work to be done.

Ethan
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
asphalt norcal 2-25-2012.pdf (343.0 KB, 254 views)
Old 02-26-2012, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
For those people who just can't handle that extra .2?

-Mike
At this level, 0.2 can make all the difference
Old 02-29-2012, 04:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEezN...ature=youtu.be

Viljami Kutvonen ( blue A700 TQ car in video ) won the 2nd round of the Finnish TC national series against of Teemu Leino and Matias Kuusinen.
Congratulations to Viljami!
Attached Thumbnails Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-ftt_2_2012_103.jpg   Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-ftt_2_2012_104.jpg  

Last edited by Oleg Babich; 02-29-2012 at 04:25 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:37 AM
Tech Initiate

good that the A700 drivers getting good results...
can we have a setup from the Driver if possible mr Oleg..

thanks
Old 02-29-2012, 07:42 AM
Tech Initiate

I've tried Freddy setup from the warmup and found that my chassis is rubbing on the carpet too much, think that the dampening is too soft for me..
i've tried it with Ride32 asphalt tires..don't have a choice we have to drive with it..
i know from the setup it was the CPX.
his someone tried it and what did you change to get it work for u..

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.