Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WesRaven
Not sure if I'm doing something special, or if I simply haven't put enough runs on them. I've put 3 solid race days (and 3 accompanying practice days) on a Robinson spur with Trinity pinions without any noticeable signs of wear.

That being said, I'm always looking for something better than what I currently like. Is this a good place to buy the Xenon gears? http://xenon.ocnk.net
I really like the xenon gears for my pan cars. They usually have them at both TQ rc and Reflex Racing
Old 04-27-2015, 06:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

AwesomatixUSA will be adding xenon gears back to the store shortly
Old 04-27-2015, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Not sure if I'm doing something special, or if I simply haven't put enough runs on them. I've put 3 solid race days (and 3 accompanying practice days) on a Robinson spur with Trinity pinions without any noticeable signs of wear.

That being said, I'm always looking for something better than what I currently like. Is this a good place to buy the Xenon gears? http://xenon.ocnk.net
I must of got a bad batch, I don't feel like getting burned again.

http://www.reflexracing.net/Xenon-VS...2T_p_2331.html
Old 04-27-2015, 06:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
AwesomatixUSA will be adding xenon gears back to the store shortly
Glad to hear it. I prefer one stop shopping.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:13 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks guys, going to try them out. I need something super small for my 1/12 pan car as well, and the Robinson definitely doesn't work well in that department. Sharing the same spurs between my cars sure would be nice.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Thanks guys, going to try them out. I need something super small for my 1/12 pan car as well, and the Robinson definitely doesn't work well in that department. Sharing the same spurs between my cars sure would be nice.
Panaracer/xenon is a no brainer. I went with a Robinson to get a odd size but besides that it doesn't come close to the xenon vss. If you're not running the pinions from pananracer I suggest you give it a go, perfect mesh.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone know how to get rid of the slop with the sto5L(shock rod) i'm not sure if anything is bent to create this but it didnt exist when I built the car and and for week following, but now all 4 corners of the car suspension have it. Some people say its from have too much droop, but I am running 5mm up from chassis on set up board and it wasnt in the car before. Please help me, I really want to remove the slop..
It happens with the tires off and you lift the arm upward it feels like slop before you feel the shock and spring give tension. Hope this makes sense
Old 04-28-2015, 12:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rdracer
Does anyone know how to get rid of the slop with the sto5L(shock rod) i'm not sure if anything is bent to create this but it didnt exist when I built the car and and for week following, but now all 4 corners of the car suspension have it. Some people say its from have too much droop, but I am running 5mm up from chassis on set up board and it wasnt in the car before. Please help me, I really want to remove the slop..
It happens with the tires off and you lift the arm upward it feels like slop before you feel the shock and spring give tension. Hope this makes sense
Droop setting.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by rdracer
Could be--
Not enough spring tension (low ride height)
Or
Simply loosen the damper in the am17 holder and then compress the suspension. Does it then feel tight? If so tighten the screw back.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by DesertRat
Anybody know when the Evo 2's will be back in stock at Awesomatix USA? I think I just might have to invest in one.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...n-chassis.html
Old 04-28-2015, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Hanulec,

Do you have any AM01-1 in stock?
Old 04-28-2015, 02:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by b20btec
Do you have any AM01-1 in stock?
Arriving before Friday
Old 04-28-2015, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hanulec
Arriving before Friday
Sweet thanks.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What is everyone using to lubricate the metal to metal gears on the spool and diff?? I understand that they are steel to steel but I still think some type of lubricant is needed. Earlier in the thread someone mentioned dry bicycle chain lubricant. Is this what they were talking about??

http://www.whitelightningco.com/products/

The clean ride of products is what I was referring to. It sounds like it would work from the reading I have done. Interested to hear what others are using.

Thanks!!
Old 04-29-2015, 06:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aquaracer
What is everyone using to lubricate the metal to metal gears on the spool and diff?? I understand that they are steel to steel but I still think some type of lubricant is needed. Earlier in the thread someone mentioned dry bicycle chain lubricant. Is this what they were talking about??

http://www.whitelightningco.com/products/

The clean ride of products is what I was referring to. It sounds like it would work from the reading I have done. Interested to hear what others are using.

Thanks!!
I have been using the Easy-Lube. I'm not sure how the clean lube would work, but It's easy enough to clean and re-apply the Easy-Lube as is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.