Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 01:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by G-rem
Hi guys,

I currently run on Yokomo and I'm just looking to switch to Awesomatix ('cauz I definitly love how this car looks), but I still have some questions:

-which car is the more suitable for which use? I mean, why is there 2 versions of the car? Is the EX better in some condition than the L and vice versa? If I take a EX version, shall it not be more convenient?
I run on blinky 10.5 (maybe it could help in the choice of the version).

-I run more on carpet track than on asphalt, but sometimes I like running outdoor, so what about the behaviour of the car compared to other one?

-Is there a conversion kit to pass an "old" A700 to the current EX or L version?

-Which parts do I have to have in stock in case of crash (or just to prevent)? (I'm not a very good pilot, workin'on, but I sometimes (often) have crash) =/

Thanks a lot for all the answers,
G-rem

Why don't you just ask to the guys next to you? yesterday they were about 6 awesomatix cars just by your side and you didn't take time to ask about the car...little bit upset about it..loll G-rem...even the old version still flying..took the pole postion, won the first final, got my thunderpower on fire at the second while leading...damn and for the 3rd final, just forgot to tighten back 2 screws under the chassis that made the chassis drag and caught the tape and that was the END.. i really like Tom Maquel setup...and like that awesomatixxxxx..can't wait to get my A700L version...
Old 10-22-2012, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I have the original A700 and ever with a weak damper I was only 3 tenth's of the leaders pace. I don't really think it matters which version you get they are all amazingly smooth and fast. I have seen 2 used A700's on here for $650 with extras, and thats a deal there.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Im looking to try something new. I think the 700l may be the way to go. I have looked thru several pages and am wondering where I can order one?
Old 10-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Soundstream
Im looking to try something new. I think the 700l may be the way to go. I have looked thru several pages and am wondering where I can order one?
www.awesomatix.com

First set up an account, then, if they are out of stock, send them a note asking that you'd like to get in line for one of the models.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Lowered the price of my A700 plus spares to $610 plus shipping.
Best second hand A700

This is the car to have for the upcoming Carpet season!. After a couple of days of testing on carpet it's really good, almost feels like driving a 1/12!
Old 10-26-2012, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
Lowered the price of my A700 plus spares to $610 plus shipping.
Best second hand A700

This is the car to have for the upcoming Carpet season!. After a couple of days of testing on carpet it's really good, almost feels like driving a 1/12!
This car is excellent, I've seen it, and it's in great shape. :-)
Old 10-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

I have one of the very first production A700 cars and certainly won't be selling mine. When I look at the car its hard to believe one man designed it. So much thought has gone into each individual part. When it retires it goes on the shelf.

In the UK some of us have our new cars. The changes, the details are very nice. I look forward to the build.

Thanks to Oleg and the team for the hard work.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi guys,

I currently run on Yokomo and I'm just looking to switch to Awesomatix ('cauz I definitly love how this car looks), but I still have some questions:

-I run more on carpet track than on asphalt, but sometimes I like running outdoor, so what about the behaviour of the car compared to "classical" other one (like Yokomo, Xray, Tamiya,...)?

-Which parts do I have to have in stock in case of crash (or just to prevent)? (I'm not a very good pilot, workin'on, but I sometimes (often) have crash) =/

And the only thing that made me hesitate some more: is this car more difficult to set-up compared to other ones (like Yokomo,...). Or you put a set-up and it goes very well nearly everywhere?

Thanks a lot for all the answers,
G-rem
Old 10-27-2012, 02:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

When the A700L will be back in stock?
Old 10-27-2012, 02:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by february
When the A700L will be back in stock?
Hi,

she's available on Awesomatix.eu http://shop.awesomatix.eu/eu_en/rc-c...uring-car.html
Old 10-27-2012, 02:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by G-rem
Hi guys,

G-rem

OK, I will get shot down for this but if you are not a "good pilot" then don't get one. The A700 is an engineering masterpiece, they are good on a track but they are not strong. The camber, castor wheelbase adjustment is all done on the top "V" track rods, get a knock on a corner then the geometry of the car is all thrown out. ECS driveshaft are the smoothest I've seen but they do brake (I collected 2 from the track at a meet last weekend), I think there has been a change in the material used in making the ball cups but the A700 I had popped off sometimes without even hitting anything (around a fast sweeper on a high grip carpet track) personally I got through more spares on my A700 in 3 months than I have in my previous/current car in 2 years.

Yes the car is fast, yes it is beautifully made it has huge potential but to be first, first you must finisih, (sadly for me anyway) I had a few FTQ's but too many DNF's.

IMO.......... If you run on a large open track in 17.5 or 13.5 stock then the A700 really is an unfair advantage, but in 13.5 boosted or mod on a tight track with plenty of things too hit it can become a liability.

Bb
Old 10-27-2012, 03:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Mmmh, yeah, that's what I tought well...And as I even hit to much things, I prefer not to take any risks.

Thank you for your honesty, I prefer to look things in front of me.

Let's go on BD7 so ;-)

Regards,
G-rem
Old 10-28-2012, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Modification and new parts

I tried a small trick at the rear toe-in link in order to make it as consistent and strong as possible.

Additionally you may see in my blog some new parts soon to be available if not already.

more info here:
JD RACING BLOG
Old 10-29-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Rookie

I also try the new metal bevel diff gears set today, seems it take longer run in time than the plastic set in order to get the diff working smooth. I have ran for 8 flights and the there are still some "gear sound" while rotate one wheel in static. I compare my old plastic diff with the new built metal diff, the metal one give is pushing during on power steer.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

congrats to ray k for his great run to 4th place in 17.5t at the halloween classic. great run dude..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.