Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 03:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is anybody using the ball differential?

I find it very hard to setup... The conception seems perfect but in fact, this is really hard for me to know if i'm in "Setup mode" (with the outdrive pressed) or in "Normal mode" (with the outdrive normal)

I would try to fill the ball diff with silicone oil, just as the gear diff... But in this configuration it is very hard to keep it from slipping...

Any advice on that?

Thanks
Old 03-21-2012, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Airwave

I find it very hard to setup... The conception seems perfect but in fact, this is really hard for me to know if i'm in "Setup mode" (with the outdrive pressed) or in "Normal mode" (with the outdrive normal)

I would try to fill the ball diff with silicone oil, just as the gear diff... But in this configuration it is very hard to keep it from slipping...

Any advice on that?

Thanks
It took me a couple of times to build the unit. I am about a 1/4 turn from full lock. I used 10wt oil - just enough viscosity to keep the unit under fluid. Doesn't take a lot of oil.

I have about 20 runs on the diff without a any further adjustment or maintenance.

The best advice is to follow the instructions to the letter. There is no trick to it.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Cool as usual post of JD concerning our new BC1 - Battery Clamps Set:
JD RACING BLOG

Link to this product in our web shop: http://shop.awesomatix.com/index.php?productID=848
Old 03-21-2012, 09:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Airwave

Any advice on that?

Thanks
It did take a while to get it right. I assembled dry and it was quite notchy, so I changed the balls to zeppin ceramic and also thrust bearing and it was super smooth. Convenient the parts are same size as Xray. Used 250cst shock oil but will change it when I can get something thinner. About 1/3 turn from full lock.

I think the slipping may be the rings themselves. Not sure but it does appear to slip more than a regular ball diff when you slip one side in the car. But when I try to slip both sides together in the diff tool its locked solid.

A almost maintenance free ball diff, now that's genius. Definitely prefer the feel but not sure if its faster than the gear diff, or when is the best time to use it.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Default Driveshaft Quality/Rebuild - 3000+ lap checkup

After an estimated 3000+ laps (or about 31 hours) of track time I finally had to rebuild my front driveshafts. The shafts started to experience a little bit of slop in the eyelets of the outer sleeve.

After tearing down the driveshafts it was clear that the outer sleeves is where the majority of wear existed. I replaced the sleeves, pins and outdrive bushings, the rest of the unit (axle, bones, u-joint cross) were reusable. New heat shrink and the unit was ready to go.

Excellent wear characteristics for front driveshaft components. My other models would not have survived a 1/6th of that track time! $15 of parts after 31 hours is rare.

The better news is the rear driveshafts/axels just needed to be cleaned and they are ready to run.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Tech Initiate

hello Freddy..

do u have any advices for Ride32 tires on carpet..

thanks and congrats for ur good results..
Old 03-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

To be honest I made no tests yet with the tires. But I will test soon because of preparation for the next ETS round in poland.

I think the setup will not change a lot. Maybe rollcenter and droop because of the different Diameter from the tire compared to the CPX which I normally use.

I will post asap the setup when I tested with Ride tires.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:38 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FreddySudhoff
To be honest I made no tests yet with the tires. But I will test soon because of preparation for the next ETS round in poland.

I think the setup will not change a lot. Maybe rollcenter and droop because of the different Diameter from the tire compared to the CPX which I normally use.

How tall are CPX tires? Ride tires are VERY tall and have a hard sidewall it seems. They give very good forward traction but no steering

EA
Old 03-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by FreddySudhoff

that will be thankfull man..

when you say droop and rollcenter should i go for less droop and higher rollcenter..knowing that those Ride32 tires are the red one for asphalt but we have to start the championship indoor with it..its a really pain to drive compare to sorex..

thanks
Old 03-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

CPX tires are around 62mm diameter. I don't know the messure of the ride ones. When I used Ride tires on my previous Car it pushed a lot.
I will let you know after testing :-)
Old 03-22-2012, 05:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Freddy,

i'll wait for ur feedbacks.

have some measurements about the tire sidewall.

CPX: 5.25mm

Ride: 6.25mm

Sorex: 6.75mm
Old 03-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good battery pack holder JD !!!! Forget about tape !
Old 03-22-2012, 09:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Plastic universal rings

Are these rings meant to hold the universals together in the same way the inner bearing ring was used by Velocitygt?

http://shop.awesomatix.com/index.php?productID=853
Old 03-22-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by erchn
Are these rings meant to hold the universals together in the same way the inner bearing ring was used by Velocitygt?

http://shop.awesomatix.com/index.php?productID=853
Yes, it is the same way but our P20 rings are made of Delrin and are wider than Velocitygt's steel rings .
The pictures will be soon.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
Yes, it is the same way but our P20 rings are made of Delrin and are wider than Velocitygt's steel rings .
The pictures will be soon.
Oleg - can you post a "new release" area of the site so we know when new parts are introduced?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.