R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #4906
Tech Elite
 
Jerry P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 2,436
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
You should always take your stuff with u
Wouldn't have helped because I didn't know about the race until it was posted later. I'll try to get the info before income down next year.
__________________
Jerry P
Awesomatixusa - Side Piece Racing - LRP - Sweep Racing Tires - Mike L Designs - TQ Wires - Crispy Critters Raceway

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #4907
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: CRC Raceway
Posts: 951
Default

Perhaps if you did not spend so much time in the threads of other car brands, you might have seen it? Just sayin........
__________________
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #4908
Tech Elite
 
Jerry P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 2,436
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumper View Post
Perhaps if you did not spend so much time in the threads of other car brands, you might have seen it? Just sayin........
Damn that just sounds wrong. at least say other brand pan cars. I dont spend time in any other tc threads. when your f1 is ready make sure I'm on the list. I'll pick up a 1/12 @ the same time.
__________________
Jerry P
Awesomatixusa - Side Piece Racing - LRP - Sweep Racing Tires - Mike L Designs - TQ Wires - Crispy Critters Raceway

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #4909
Tech Addict
 
moparSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry P View Post
Wouldn't have helped because I didn't know about the race until it was posted later. I'll try to get the info before income down next year.
We will be back @ Minnreg on Jan 12 for FSEARA Race #4
__________________
2014 IFMAR Warm-Up Pics >>> www.rcactionpics.com <<<

Check it out >>> www.RaceVTA.com <<<
moparSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #4910
Tech Master
 
Travis S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 1,372
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

HELP! I was taking apart my car to clean all the bearings and in doing this something happened to my spool where it no longer fits in the car! I was pulling off the outdrives (they were stuck on there good) and something moved with the gear. I didn't know this was possible! I have no idea how to get this back into place without messing it up. Take a look at the picture. The one on the left is the one with the issue and the one on the right is from my other car. Notice now there is now a 1-2mm gap at the top. I am traveling to race this weekend and one of my cars maybe out of commission before I even get there. I don't get to race often so this is not cool!

Attached Thumbnails
Awesomatix EP Touring Car-20131204_141100.jpg  
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #4911
Tech Regular
 
masterhit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 468
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis S View Post
I am traveling to race this weekend and one of my cars maybe out of commission before I even get there. I don't get to race often so this is not cool!
Hey Travis,

I can ship you a spool tomorrow to borrow if you want. You would have it Friday.

Let me know,

Mike Slaughter
masterhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #4912
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,498
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis S View Post
HELP! I was taking apart my car to clean all the bearings and in doing this something happened to my spool where it no longer fits in the car! I was pulling off the outdrives (they were stuck on there good) and something moved with the gear. I didn't know this was possible! I have no idea how to get this back into place without messing it up. Take a look at the picture. The one on the left is the one with the issue and the one on the right is from my other car. Notice now there is now a 1-2mm gap at the top. I am traveling to race this weekend and one of my cars maybe out of commission before I even get there. I don't get to race often so this is not cool!

Put a drop of locktight or CA and snap it together tight..
Works for me .I think Oleg perfer this..
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #4913
Tech Elite
 
Jerry P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 2,436
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparSRT View Post
We will be back @ Minnreg on Jan 12 for FSEARA Race #4
I go back home to ny tomorrow. I typically spend 2 weeks in south Florida for thanksgiving. Do you guys have a site?

Jerry
__________________
Jerry P
Awesomatixusa - Side Piece Racing - LRP - Sweep Racing Tires - Mike L Designs - TQ Wires - Crispy Critters Raceway

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #4914
Tech Master
 
Travis S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 1,372
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
Put a drop of locktight or CA and snap it together tight..
Works for me .I think Oleg perfer this..
Snapping it back is the issue. I can't seem to move the damn thing. I guess I will keep trying and see what happens.
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #4915
Tech Addict
 
moparSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry P View Post
I go back home to ny tomorrow. I typically spend 2 weeks in south Florida for thanksgiving. Do you guys have a site?

Jerry
Turkey Shootout is a annual event, always @ Minnreg weekend after thanksgiving, OVAL on saturday and ROAD on sunday.

http://www.snowbirdnationals.com/thunder.htm

See u next year
__________________
2014 IFMAR Warm-Up Pics >>> www.rcactionpics.com <<<

Check it out >>> www.RaceVTA.com <<<
moparSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #4916
Tech Elite
 
Jerry P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 2,436
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparSRT View Post
Turkey Shootout is a annual event, always @ Minnreg weekend after thanksgiving, OVAL on saturday and ROAD on sunday.

http://www.snowbirdnationals.com/thunder.htm

See u next year
Yuppers. Next stop snowbirds.
__________________
Jerry P
Awesomatixusa - Side Piece Racing - LRP - Sweep Racing Tires - Mike L Designs - TQ Wires - Crispy Critters Raceway

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #4917
Tech Addict
 
moparSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry P View Post
Yuppers. Next stop snowbirds.
yep, time to start building a VTA car for the B main, birds are just around the corner
__________________
2014 IFMAR Warm-Up Pics >>> www.rcactionpics.com <<<

Check it out >>> www.RaceVTA.com <<<
moparSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #4918
Tech Elite
 
Jerry P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 2,436
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparSRT View Post
yep, time to start building a VTA car for the B main, birds are just around the corner
Build an A700L and the amain could be in your future. just ask Ron Burgundy about his local vta run.
__________________
Jerry P
Awesomatixusa - Side Piece Racing - LRP - Sweep Racing Tires - Mike L Designs - TQ Wires - Crispy Critters Raceway

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #4919
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lutz, FL
Posts: 1,279
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis S View Post
Snapping it back is the issue. I can't seem to move the damn thing. I guess I will keep trying and see what happens.
Travis the ring gear is just glued and press fit together, my suggestion is use two sockets that can push on either side of the spool towards one another to create I vise effect. Not sure how to protect the teeth on the gear but I am sure you can get it done.

Monti
Monti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #4920
Tech Master
 
Travis S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 1,372
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monti View Post
Travis the ring gear is just glued and press fit together, my suggestion is use two sockets that can push on either side of the spool towards one another to create I vise effect. Not sure how to protect the teeth on the gear but I am sure you can get it done.

Monti
I got it back together. It doesn't look as good... but it is functional again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterhit View Post
Hey Travis,

I can ship you a spool tomorrow to borrow if you want. You would have it Friday.

Let me know,

Mike Slaughter
Thanks Mike. I am good now... I think.
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Topeka Onroad Racing Aaron P Kansas/Missouri Racing 10912 12-03-2016 08:53 PM
Bendigo..Vic.. On Road Car Club VoneSkip Australian Racing 17188 11-13-2016 04:24 AM
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car keithander Electric On-Road 9053 02-24-2016 07:51 PM
Touring Car Custom Cut Urethane Chassis Protectors!! Rommel Electric On-Road 220 07-07-2013 10:23 PM
The prototype car is on the winning pace number_one Electric On-Road 163 01-12-2009 11:52 AM


Tags
yokomo


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:02 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0